PDA

View Full Version : Good Pump Gun?

deathbypaint1213
02-28-2009, 01:26 AM
I am really interested in building/purchasing a pump gun so I can play open class pump :headbang:. I have been looking at a PsychoBallistics Lightning from EBay. I figured I would just get a regulator, asa, and a pump kit for it (My local field has a 2k cocker up for sale - around 300 dollars, but I would be replacing the reg and asa on it anyways). Would there be any other good pump guns I could consider on purchasing? I really do not want to spend over 250 dollars on the whole pump setup - loader, gun, etc. Thanks.

dyeforever
02-28-2009, 02:07 AM
a trillogy with a pmp pump kit will only set you back about 150. decent and a nice shooter. you could also take a look at my in the for sale ads.

Storminnorman
02-28-2009, 02:13 AM
Heres a few I found just took a quick look for ya. You can always wait for a really good deal to come up
This one I found exactly fits what your looking for
http://customcockers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11611&highlight=pump

here at AO marker section
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=240246

Mcarterbrown.com has a bst section just for pumps
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/68663-aim-eagle-sniper-w-trinity-pump-kit-pps-feedtube.html#post719890

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/68623-half-block-ft.html

http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/pump-guns/68776-vsc-phantom-fs.html#post721116

deathbypaint1213
02-28-2009, 02:45 AM
thanks guys. I had been looking at those trilogies. I think getting one of those would not be a bad idea, I just do not like the fact that the front block cannot be removed.

Watcher
02-28-2009, 05:12 AM
PMI Trracer
$50

T-stock
$20

Hopper and elbow
$15

All of the ownage and none of the cost
Priceless

:D

going_home
02-28-2009, 06:29 AM
Get an S6. Why mess with the rest when you can have the best ?

50 cal
02-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Phantom or a Sterling.

thegrayghost
02-28-2009, 11:07 AM
i have a kingman hammer which is inexpensive,shoots great.....also wgp trilogy, a little more expensive, but also shoots great......and my backup, lolololololo, BE Tiger Shark, which i have used for 8 years, and shoots great, but i finally need a rebuild kit, my velocity is way down.....dont laugh at the tiger shark, it still took out its share of high end pumps, name of the game is fun, lololololol....

thegrayghost

Smoothice
02-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I personally feel you will get the best marker for the money with a standard autococker with a pump kit.

These can easily be found under $250.

mpsd
02-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Owning/Buying a pump is no different from a semi.

You can find cheap guns that sell from $30 or less (like the plastic Brass Eagles or old Splatmasters) and go all the way up to a $1000 (like the Redux or a rare Carter or Palmer's).

There are pretty good guns that you can find in the $200 to $300 though. Think of Phantoms, Cockers, Sterlings or even some Palmers.

Personally, I think the best are:

- CCM
- Palmers
- Carters
- Cockers
- Lapcos (these are rare finds, but they are REALLY good ones)

You also have to consider what style you want, either Open, Stock Class or Modified Stock Class. You also have to consider whether you like the stacked tube design (Cockers, CCM, Palmers and PMI/Sheridan) or Nelson (pretty much all others).

Being so, you better know how much you're willing to spend, try some of them out and take a good look at the forums and eBay. There are always great finds on the Internet.

And remember that accuracy and distance are a matter of ball to barrel match, regardless if you have an open or closed bolt action gun, stacked tube or nelson internals or marker brand/type.

Good luck in your search.

Watcher
02-28-2009, 05:49 PM
Yes.

While pumps aren't as common as semi's today they are still just as plentiful.

The best thing to do is start from the bottom, operation, and work your way to the top, company.

Who makes it shouldn't be as big of a factor as what you are looking for.

You can find a pump in any configuration you can think up.

I have always been a fan of the Nelson guns as they offer a slimmer profile, but the Sheridan based guns are more similar in feel to how a modern electro would seem (balance, weight, size, etc).

Then ask yourself if you want center, angle, or stock feed.

Do you want it to run constant air or 12 grams, or both interchangeably?
For example, a Phantom with a Vertical ASA can easily run a bottomline if you use the ASA adapter from a remote-line and run an airline from it to the grip-frame ASA, then just remove the adapter and you can put a bucket changer back on.

CCI, PMI, and Autococker pumps may be the most popular but you still can't overlook Carter machine, Palmer, the few Lapcos, Arrow Precision, Chipley's Customs, and older companies like Line SI, ACI, Brass Eagle, and many more.

Don't forget the good old Pump-Mags ;)

Old School 626
03-02-2009, 11:50 AM
One marker being overlooked here is a Line SI Bushmaster. They are similar to Carters and Phantoms in the way they work, nelson based markers. The only real drawback is that barrels are not available for them. They can be had for $100-$150 with some regularity.

BAZOOKA_Boy
03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
I would suggest for an open class gun either a cocker pump, or a vert feed phantom, either one will preform nice, and you won't have to mess with it at all, I have no experience with lapco's and carters, though they look nice, they look to be more stock class than an open gun.

Turtlehumper2000
03-05-2009, 09:30 PM
Hell ill give you ACI Maverick. Its old, loud and has a small leak out of the barrel but its still kills and its FREE just pay flat rate shipping.

deathbypaint1213
03-05-2009, 09:33 PM
Hell ill give you ACI Maverick. Its old, loud and has a small leak out of the barrel but its still kills and its FREE just pay flat rate shipping.

Its okay, I already purchased a 2004 prostock pump from Smoothice. :D Thanks for the offer though.

Smoothice
03-05-2009, 09:57 PM

dude. I have a buddy in hawaii that would love this. He is really good but doesn't have the money for any gear. Whenever he comes to visit I hook him up for the day and he destroys guys that play every weekend.

If you are still offering I will pay shipping to him. And next time I visit I will bring him everything else he will need.

Mongoose
03-05-2009, 10:15 PM

AO is full of great people :cheers:

Turtlehumper2000
03-05-2009, 10:38 PM
dude. I have a buddy in hawaii that would love this. He is really good but doesn't have the money for any gear. Whenever he comes to visit I hook him up for the day and he destroys guys that play every weekend.

If you are still offering I will pay shipping to him. And next time I visit I will bring him everything else he will need.
Sure just give me an address.