PDA

View Full Version : Longbow Problems?

Blood Guns
03-01-2009, 11:11 AM
:confused: If I just ordered a Longbow ready Tac one from the AGD website and a Long bow kit from Specops paintball. Am I going to have to worry about stuff not fitting together. I saw some other threads where people were talking about the design changing or something. I called AGD and they said it would work fine so I just want to be sure.

Looper
03-01-2009, 01:14 PM
If everything you ordered is for AGD Tac-One you will have no issues but I bet after one season of game play you'll keep the AGD Tac-One and sell the Spec-Ops Longbow kit. ;)

Blood Guns
03-01-2009, 03:34 PM
If everything you ordered is for AGD Tac-One you will have no issues but I bet after one season of game play you'll keep the AGD Tac-One and sell the Spec-Ops Longbow kit. ;)
Thanks for the info on them working. Im trying out the Tac one and im sure that it wont disappoint. I only play woodsball for the most part and have 3 other guns with stocks on them and I like them like that. I also ordered the Q-bow adapter kit for later if i wish to get into that.

Looper
03-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Let me direct you to this thread and post #22 for the main issue with the longbow.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189708

The other problem with the Longbow is marketing hype... but Spec Ops is good for that. ;)

Just for the record I have owned a Longbow kit and had a QLoader on it. I sold everything but I kept the Tac-One... I current run with a CP Razor Drop froward and a 68/4500 tank as a stock, keeps your arm/elbow tight to your body yet the marker high enough to sight down the barrel.

Oh, BTW, Welcome to the AO Family :cheers:

Blood Guns
03-04-2009, 04:24 PM
Let me direct you to this thread and post #22 for the main issue with the longbow.
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189708

The other problem with the Longbow is marketing hype... but Spec Ops is good for that. ;)

Just for the record I have owned a Longbow kit and had a QLoader on it. I sold everything but I kept the Tac-One... I current run with a CP Razor Drop froward and a 68/4500 tank as a stock, keeps your arm/elbow tight to your body yet the marker high enough to sight down the barrel.

Oh, BTW, Welcome to the AO Family :cheers:
Thanks i came up with my own idea to fix the line-of-sight problem, a dogleg air through stock.

Sumthinwicked
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
i have no issues with my longbow and it does some crazy shots

Blood Guns
03-04-2009, 05:16 PM
i have no issues with my longbow and it does some crazy shots
I go to the link that looper posted and you can see what he means, its a line of sight when wearing a paintball mask.

Sumthinwicked
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
like i said i have no issues with my line of sight and i used to shoot on a rifle team

malJohann
03-05-2009, 02:34 AM
..just ordered a Longbow ready Tac one...

This is the key issue. If its not "Longbow Ready" then you're screwed, but you ordered the right setup, so you're sorted.

Blood Guns
03-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Here is my long bow with a spec ops dogleg stock. Go to here spec ops forum (http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=167359&pid=2333108&mode=threaded&start=#entry2333108) to view pics. I am just waiting on some air line stuff to finish it. Any line of sight problems when wearing a mask are fixed. The stock required a few mods but works as it should. What do you all think, im not sure if anyone did this before but I think it makes the line of sight and the fact that the stock is longer makes the gun more comfortable to use.