PDA

View Full Version : RT, LVL X & Benchmark trigger issues, need help

xero28
03-02-2009, 01:03 AM
Hey all. Okay, here's the deal. I've got an RT valve with Level 10 on a classic rail/body. I'm using a single trigger benchmark frame. I can pull the trigger until it just shoots and let go and I'm good, for the most part. If I pull the trigger ALL the way back, the gun won't recock, air gushes down the barrel, and I have to push the bolt back to reset it. This was happening when I was dry firing. If I remember correctly it wouldn't recock at all with paint. I haven't tried anything to fix it and since I had another gun I just went right to the other one. I'm guessing it has to with shims and/or carriers, but any advice is always greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

-X

michbich
03-02-2009, 01:14 AM
When it's aired up, does it have a 1MM gap between the trigger and rod? Maybe the rod isn't the right length.

secretweaponevan
03-02-2009, 07:45 AM
Make sure you move to a larger carrier. The correct one is the largest one that doesn't leak (use oil).

After that, if the bolt fails to reset after you encounter a jam that is when you start adding a shim at a time until it resets reliably after a jam.