PDA

View Full Version : spring pack?

jolt00
03-04-2009, 01:23 AM
still new to mags. i got an older gun that looks like it hasen't been messed with for a while. the only thing i can see that's wrong is the spring pack.

is it suspose to be springie?

and where can i get one of these? cheap?

eXo_oUtSiDeR
03-04-2009, 01:48 AM
not sure what you mean when you say "spring pack". Can you specify? where exactly is it on the marker? reg spring? bolt spring? thanks :cheers:

malJohann
03-04-2009, 02:31 AM
not sure what you mean when you say "spring pack". Can you specify? where exactly is it on the marker? reg spring? bolt spring? thanks :cheers:

Almost sounds like he's talking about something you'd find in an Air America regulator, not an AGD marker.

DevilMan
03-04-2009, 02:54 AM
Hey Jolt... out of curiousity where are you from?

I know of team Jolt out here and wonder if you are related...

Anyway... are you talking about the spring pack that's in the back of the reg? The one that you see when you unscrew the cap off of the back where you adjust the velocity/pressure?

If so then NO it's not supposed to be springy. Well not unless you can compress 800-3000 PSI with your fingers.

It's basically a little stack that don't seem like it moves, but it does and it requires the high pressure to do so. One of the reasons mags have to have such high PSI to operate. Too low and the spring pack won't spring, the reg won't reg and the seal won't seal.

If that's what you are talking about then I don't know if they ever go bad.... but I don't know that much.

What issue are you having with the marker as a whole?

DM

jolt00
03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
i'm from middle Tennessee and i have never hurd of the team lol

i have a pump mag everything is standard no level 10 or anything like that.

the velocity is all over the place. ether the first shot is good and then i don't get any more after that or the first shot is low and they go up to around 350 fps. i am using co2 but it was a cold day so i don't really get it.

everything appears to be just fine all the orings and seals. it was working when i first got it but not now. plenty of oil to. :cheers:

DevilMan
03-04-2009, 06:28 PM
So it's a classic valve.... are you running an expansion chamber? That will help if you are pushing CO2.

Pondering the rest for a minute...

DM

jolt00
03-04-2009, 10:14 PM
no. but i did try it with one and it was doing the same thing.