PDA

View Full Version : And now for some humor.....

DevilMan
03-04-2009, 06:18 AM
or at least I found it entertaining....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKhe0tYNFak&feature=channel

DM

Spider-TW
03-04-2009, 10:21 AM
It took me a while to realize there was a flag involved. It looked so much like NPPL that I went back to look for it. :rofl:

Watcher
03-04-2009, 02:47 PM
:D

I love that stuff, the local field I go to if full of "those types".

I usually show up with either my 'Mags, my pump, or my milsim gun a deal some well deserved flanks :shooting:

rawbutter
03-04-2009, 04:15 PM
I've never actually played at my local field. Speedball really isn't my thing. But that video reminds me of something I saw once there. I just swung in to get some air tanks refilled, and I happened to arrive right when a three-man tournament was about to end. I decided to stick around and watch the final match.

Right off the break, all six boys from both teams raced to a bunker (which were only about twenty feet from the starting point) where they proceeded to not move. They just shot the heck out of each other. The only movement I saw was then two guys on one team got shot out, and then the last guy attempted a flanking maneuver.

Now, the boys definitely had some good snap-shooting ability, and they could walk the trigger okay (although they were also ramping)... but I was unimpressed. There was no strategy except "run to the closest bunker and shoot the heck out of your mirror until one of you is hit."

Oh... and I was curious about how many pods they went through. One kid that I watched blew through two pods (in addition to whatever was in his hopper) in about three minutes. Ridiculous.

Thanks for the laugh.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
03-04-2009, 10:45 PM
Hahahaha! classic! Cant wait to play some pump this year. *Cough* *Cough* SPE 2009 *Cough* :headbang:

Watcher
03-05-2009, 02:26 AM
It's people like that which make me want a stock class gun even more :rolleyes:

chafnerjr
03-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Pneumag all the way. As fast or as slow as you need to go!

warbeak2099
03-12-2009, 11:32 AM
Oh... and I was curious about how many pods they went through. One kid that I watched blew through two pods (in addition to whatever was in his hopper) in about three minutes. Ridiculous.

That's not a lot...

teufelhunden
03-12-2009, 07:02 PM
haha

Lohman446
03-12-2009, 07:26 PM
That's not a lot...

It is a lot, just not in relation...

Thats one of the issues with paintball today. People don't understand that for some players a case of paint is one or two games. The perception of what paintball is (one or two pods being a lot) vs what it is on the field turns off a lot of new players, and old players who remember a far different game.

I can remember when you carried a straight stick squeegee for your angel, not because of the paint that was broken but because it was inevitable you would be trying to free up a stuck bolt. I can remember people having quick field strip pins on the autococker for a reason. I can remember removing the field strip bolt on a mag on field trying desperately to stop an air leak before the other team noticed. I can remember turning off a CO2 tank and firing so the other team beleived I was out of air. I can remember having to pause from running to shoot because the balls had bounced out of the revvy... or having to shake the hopper because the balls were not lined up to the feedneck because you did not have a revvy.

I can remember a lot of things that we wanted resolved that were resolved.... markers going down on the field are almost unheard of now days. I don't even carry a squeegee anymore... They fixed the "problems" we wanted fixed and now the game isn't what it was... :(

The pure rate of fire (with and without ramping) is not a benefit to the game....

Miltonyz
03-12-2009, 07:56 PM
Thats one of the issues with paintball today. People don't understand that for some players a case of paint is one or two games. The perception of what paintball is (one or two pods being a lot) vs what it is on the field turns off a lot of new players, and old players who remember a far different game.

I agree it scares the newer fellows because of the sheer volume of paint shot their way, but to think you need to shoot a ton of paint to be competitive in walk on is false. Last summer was my first year back after about 3-4 off. When I quit the DM4 was the hot gun on the scene. The first couple weeks back on the field the ramping guns intimidated me. I would snap out of a bunker shoot a couple and fifty balls would come back at me. But you know what? It doesn't matter. They want to waste paint and hit my bunker fifty more times while I'm tucked away safe good on them. I'll wrap around the other side and catch them looking. I wait until they stop shooting then I move. They can shoot 20 bps at me but if I'm 90% of the way to my next bunker before they see me it doesn't matter. I shoot about half a case a day. I don't mean to talk as if I'm some BA paintball player. I was medicore before I quit and not better now. It just seems like the game is easier now for an aggressive guy. People seem to prefer to stay planted in their bunker and shoot, just asking to be flanked or bunkered.

Lohman446
03-13-2009, 06:27 AM
I'm not going to disagree that it can be done carrying one or two pods, I didn't carry any more. But the game evolved around me, I was not stuffed into it at the speeds its played now. I can remember the "OMG, you carry like, five pods" discussions when that was a lot. Now the front men use that much in a game. There is an intimidation factor to the new player.

chafnerjr
03-13-2009, 09:41 AM
You know... I remember going through 300 rounds a day and thinking about how much paint I wasted... that was like 12 years ago but still. Now I travel with 4 pods and a full hopper. I generally don't use them but it's what I can shoot on a full HPA tank and someone is bound to need paint on the field somewhere. We also tend to run at least 2 games back to back every time we go on field.

I've since been trained to play on rip drive most of the time. Mostly because my first halo didn't work when I bought it... ended up playing most of the summer that way. Now I actually like it... go figure. They never told me that the christmas lights were a "feature" not an issue.

Come to OSG in Barnstead NH and you won't have any of those issues!

Spider-TW
03-13-2009, 12:59 PM
The pure rate of fire (with and without ramping) is not a benefit to the game....

Not in speed ball or limited fields, but do I enjoy having a good rof in one-on-many scenario situations and it doesn't matter which side of it that I'm on.

Watcher
03-14-2009, 05:09 AM
You can ask GRimm for confirmation.

We went to a 4 hr big-game and afterward played with the walk-ons for an hour.

Between us we shot less than 3000 paintballs.

I brought a case and he brought 1000, he learned after the first mission that it wasn't enough as he shot most of it in a half hour :rofl:
But hey, it was his first time using his E-mag.

He played SUPER conservative because he's poor ( :p ) and didn't want to buy another 1000.

He ran out of paint half way through the last game, I had like 15 balls after the last game.

And I considered myself trigger happy because it was my first time playing with my RT :shooting: AND I donated a partially loaded pod's remnants (about 50) to another player we needed on our flank and spilled part of another pod by partially loading a second time (first time using the new Rico, couldn't judge the paint amount too well).

I can be "trigger happy" by most player's standards and shoot a case in one game and by all means I think it'd be fun and if I could afford it I would do it for kicks.
But, everyone who knows me will know that I don't because 1) I don't want to 2) I don't need to and 3) ... I can't afford it :rolleyes:

I can see the reasoning in a tournament game, like keeping lanes... but in a rec-ball situation playing time is directly proportional to shooting speed and I'll opt for playing longer.