PDA

View Full Version : To part, or not to part. That is the question.

hmudd13
03-04-2009, 07:25 PM
Just looking for some opinions on whether it's better (for the seller) to part out mags, or sell them whole.

TwilightG
03-04-2009, 07:46 PM
In my experience, parts move a lot faster and you can generally get a little more overall (even after shipping each separately)

The downside is that you may still easily end up with a small pile of parts that aren't selling.

If you price your marker a little below it's value, you might get lucky selling it quickly to someone who is only looking for only a few parts and it makes the deal more attractive.

punkncat
03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
I think it is according to the parts. Most of your stock, run of the mill stuff can be had pretty cheaply right now. As was mentioned, you will be stuck with small leftover bits as well.

To me, dealing with all the seperate shipping, etc. it is worthwhile to take a bit of a hit for one sale in many cases.

Lohman446
03-05-2009, 03:52 PM
If you are dealing with an X-valved E-mag its better (financially) to part it out, or at least it was when I was a couple years ago.

hmudd13
03-06-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the thoughts.
I have a few mags that I'll be dispersing with, so keep your eyes peeled in the near future. :)