PDA

View Full Version : PSP webcast and other ramblings

trippleRipple
03-05-2009, 09:01 AM
I guess it sucks that paintball isn't on cable any more....Actually its freaking awesome that its on webcast!!

Maybe two weeks ago I ended up on the PSP website and watched a bunch of games from last years world cup. If it had been on cable I would have never seen it.

I missed the Phoenix Open as I was out of town and yet once more I am catching up on the goings on via the webcast. How beautiful is that.

I don't know all the politics between PSP, NXL, USPL, NPPL or any of the other national leagues but it looks too me like PSP is making a hard effort to bring speedball to the masses in the most fiscally responsible way possible.

In a post I wrote the other day I commented on how cable broadcasting is going the way of the dodo. Why not be on the front side of the change. Eventually all broadcast content will be available over the internet. Why spend the money on cable air time when your market lives on the web anyway.

Besides webcasting the events I am really happy with PSP's choice of Matt (last name?) doing the commentating. Matt does a great job of sharing his insiders perspective of the sport. The guest commentators have been outstanding too.

Throughout the two event's webcasts I have heard the commentators discuss players statistics. This would definitely add to the sport from a spectators prospective. Engage the spectators like with any other sport. I have not seen any yet, maybe they are waiting for enough numbers before the data becomes relevant. I for one can't wait.

Does anyone know of a website that these statistics can be found?

I would say my only complaint, and its not PSP fault, my local ProTeam, MiamiRage, has just moved to the new USPL...BAH!

Anyway, good luck to PSP!