PDA

View Full Version : Classic 68 Pistol Mod

Tym
03-07-2009, 05:04 PM
Hey guys, I've been working on a pistol mod for one of my classic 68's. Thought you might want to see what I've done so far.

I bought this marker off matteusz here about 2 years ago. I have another Mag that I use regularly, and this one still needs some parts. I.E an on/off (the one it came with is faulty) and some grips (PMI grips on it now). Check out the video:

Click here to see the Pistol Mag (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LVyoxk5t88)

Let me know what you think. Also let me know if you have an on/off or some grips for sale.
Thanks.

michbich
03-07-2009, 06:06 PM
To get a bit more shots off, i would shorten the macro or even use micro line. You can do the needle trick or whatever it's called. Adding a pin in the air line reducing the interior volume. You want as little volume to expand as possible. By doing that, you get less expansion and longer CO2 liquid. As long as you have liquid CO2 in the system, you will have the proper pressure.

secretweaponevan
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Use a wire. Read up on this on Phantom boards. Most of the time it is done to stainless steel hard lines.

Tym
03-07-2009, 11:29 PM
To get a bit more shots off, i would shorten the macro or even use micro line. You can do the needle trick or whatever it's called. Adding a pin in the air line reducing the interior volume. You want as little volume to expand as possible. By doing that, you get less expansion and longer CO2 liquid. As long as you have liquid CO2 in the system, you will have the proper pressure.

I have shortend the maco line as I said I would in the video, I would like to get some micro fittings and line but they don't have them around here.. It's all 1/8th fittings. I wouldn't mind getting a hardline But again where to get it?

Dawg047
03-08-2009, 12:36 AM
http://www.palmer-pursuit.com/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1&zenid=f45d8e606cb58b66a3026e1eb80bbaea

Has alot of fittings and hardline. The micro line fitings are still 1/8 NPT, but instead of the 1/4 in? hose, it is alot smaller. I like the pistol by the way. I am working on an automag pistol aswell but in a different style :ninja: Shh, I didn't say that. Nice pistol though, good work. :cheers:

Tym
03-08-2009, 03:39 AM
Yeah Thanks man, I've still got a bit of work to do. I need to fix the on/off/sear problem, need to find/mod a barrel and still need a 12gram adaptor.. Need Grips, needs a paint job.. Ect.. But it's getting there.

secretweaponevan
03-08-2009, 03:58 AM
Your leak is definitely a powertube leak.

If the marker leaks down the barrel with the trigger pulled, you have an on/off leak.
If the marker leaks down the barrel with the trigger released, you have a powertube leak.

Make sure your rail bushing (in the back, that the field strip screw goes through) is in place. If not, it will prevent the bolt from sealing in the powertube.

Nice pistol.

Tym
03-08-2009, 04:27 AM
You would think it's the powertube, But it's not. I've tryed putting known good working parts in the powertube nd it still does it. The on/off pin is shaved. I got iy that way. And the sear looks worn/filed.. The guy I got it off must have tryed screwing with it. I"ma tech it later, I'll let you know what the problem was..

Your leak is definitely a powertube leak.

If the marker leaks down the barrel with the trigger pulled, you have an on/off leak.
If the marker leaks down the barrel with the trigger released, you have a powertube leak.

Make sure your rail bushing (in the back, that the field strip screw goes through) is in place. If not, it will prevent the bolt from sealing in the powertube.

Nice pistol.

Tym
03-08-2009, 06:21 AM
Well, I just finnished changing parts out n stuff.. It's the sear that's giving me the problem, I kinda knew it might be.. The sear is chewed on the bolt side, and the on/off pin is worn bad. Strange that the on/off has no problems in my other mag. Even when I trade out on/off's and powertube parts, the problem still happens. I didn't actually trade out sears but I'm sure that's the problem. I'll make a video in the mornin of the pistol shooting. You'll see what's happening, I can make it happen. It happens when you release the trigger, if I release it slowly it'll leak..

secretweaponevan
03-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Cool. We would have gotten there eventually.

Even if your powertube o-ring is fine, there can only be 2 reasons for a barrel leak.

If it leaks while the trigger is pulled, you have an on/off leak.
If it leaks while the trigger is not pulled, your leak is in the powertube.

Causes of powertube leaks: (most common first)

Not enough oil
Bad powertube/carrier o-ring
Too large a carrier/too long a powertube spacer
Too many LVL 10 shims
Missing rail bushing
Worn bolt
Worn sear
Powertube tip not seated

That's most of them.

flyingpootang
03-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Tym, Very nice looking mag pistol. I've been building and improving mine for some time now. For the spring I'm going to make it a quick strip type by cutting a L into the end of the feed tube and installing a 6/32 screw into the side of the removable spring charger assembly. That way you don't have to worry about cross threading the feedtube. Are you going to start selling your mod? Also are you able to weld on sights like on the Sydarm ? I have a gen2 Sydarm that needs a rear stainless steel sight....

Tym
03-08-2009, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure if I'll sell the mod, I was thinking I might buy up some bodys, mod them then sell them, The main problem is I have to take them to work to weld them. I don't have my own tig. As it stands right now, I want to finnish this one, see how good I can get it, then go from there.

There is also the issue of the feed tube, it takes quite a bit of work to remove one.
Also I would like to find a better fitting asa, the duck bill works but I know I could find something better, I'll keep you guys posted..

Tym
03-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Hey guys, Just an update, I've uploaded a vid of me shooting the pistol mag. I've shortend the macro line and found a better spring, I can load 9 balls in to the marker now they fire flawlessly at high fire rates. Check the video out.

Click here to watch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Y39CKzjok0)

blackdeath
03-11-2009, 09:43 PM
Reminds me of the old agd sidearm. cool lil toy there.

Biz Kizzle
03-11-2009, 10:15 PM
agreed, that is a nice marker you got there, i like how clean the feedtube looks for the most part. as it seems to be the cool thing to do, i am ALSO working on a pistol mag. lol i picked up an old Noxx55 body with springfeed attached and i'm doing the rest. all i need is the asa, i'm trying to get someone to fabricate a standard asa just so its a bit cleaner, but the guy that's doin it doesn't seen in a hurry so idk when it'll be done. but i'm a bit jealous of yours, a bit more compact and cleaner than mine for sure lol. good luck with everything, looks great so far. i'll be watchin this thread for completion! :D

Smoothice
03-11-2009, 10:55 PM
LOL. And here I though I was the only one building a pistol... :ninja:

that looks great. I'm gonna try out some pvc pipe to see if my idea works. Then pick up some brass from home depot. Maybe one day end up with steel.

Bagheera
03-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I like your solution to spring-feeding the balls, it's a solution I haven't seen before.

Tym
06-16-2009, 12:12 AM
I like your solution to spring-feeding the balls, it's a solution I haven't seen before.

Yeah, sorry for the late reply. It works great. I just need a better end cap, Ither gonna thread the tube or cut a L groove and add a pin on the cap.

DanMan
06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
where did you get the plastic spring you were talking about in your movie?

Tym
06-16-2009, 11:47 PM
where did you get the plastic spring you were talking about in your movie?

It's a coil bind (from a coil bound book)

DanMan
06-17-2009, 12:02 AM
oh ok, that is a really good idea!