PDA

View Full Version : Gas though and drop forward?

Archie
01-29-2002, 07:11 PM
Hiya fellas!

just a question.....i recently purchased a mini mag. what do you recommend for a front grip and a drop forward for hpa?

MikeCouves
01-29-2002, 08:02 PM
Well it depends if you have a screw in nitro/CO2 Tank, or a mount system nitro. For CO2 and screw in nitro I would recommend a PMI Drop Forward, they are cheap and work extremely well. For a mount system I highly recommend the KAPP Drop Zone II drop forward...it's pricy but defiantely worth it. For a grip, personal preference. Benchmarks look really cool on black guns, but then again you can get PMI Gas Thru's in any color you want! Here's a pic on my Minimag with the PMI Drop and PMI Gas Thru...Enjoy!

Archie
01-29-2002, 09:08 PM
I purchased the pmi pure energy 68 4500 tank. i guess i need to wait and see if it is screw in or adapter mount.
thank you for your input.

where did you get the longer air line on your gun?

Smokee_2_7
01-30-2002, 02:34 AM
All the PMI pure energy systems are screw-in. (so you can go ahead and start planning your setup. ) I have a PMI drop forward Just like the one n mikes picture and Personally, Its just a bit too far forward and down for me. (then again I was running a 48 cubic inch tank on it. . . . would proabbaly be really cool w/ a 68.)

What I am doing right now for my next screw in system will be a shocktech drop forward, with a Custom products screw in adaptor. The larger shocktech works GREAT with 68ci tanks, and the cp adaptor looks very nice. In case your wondering, here's a pic of the SFL drop with a 68ci tank. note that this particular air system is not a screw in, so you will have to have an adaptor to make it all work. The CP one im refering too is nice because it allows you to turn your tank on and off. A pic of that follows in the next post.

Shocktech Drop: (the largest of the 3 sizes they make)

Smokee_2_7
01-30-2002, 02:35 AM
the CP adaptor. this will mount on the SFL drop, and your tank screws in it. pretty cool.

Archie
01-30-2002, 07:09 AM
Thanks alot you guys!

Smokee_2_7
01-30-2002, 10:21 AM
No problem, thats what we're here for. Let us know how the setup works out.

nilloc 93
01-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Don't know if you've gotten your setup ready, but here's another suggestion. Check out the Fighter X gas thru grip and drop forward, here's a pic of what they look like. The setup really reduces the Mag's profile. Just a suggestion.

Archie
01-30-2002, 06:42 PM
I like the looks of both of them....i guess economics will decide this one.
i really appreciate your help fellas, and not a "Newbie" once!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-30-2002, 07:24 PM
Archie!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to AO....Where in the Dallas area to you live, and what field do you play at?
Arman/XPM and myself play at DFW Adventure Park.
I live in the Lewisville/Highland Village area....You??

O I just noticed I broke 700 posts!
w00t!

Archie
01-30-2002, 08:57 PM
I live in a town called Cedar Hill. I play at hit and run in Mansfield. I have never been to DFW adv. park. It would be great to get together with you guys sometime.