PDA

View Full Version : My MiniMag Panitjob

trugz
03-10-2009, 05:38 AM
Allright guys,

I dont know if you all remember that recently I was fortunate enough to find a great deal on a minimag. After rebuilding it and taking it out to the paintball field for a try out, I felt in love with her. She performed flawlesly, so I decided that she has earn her woodsball status as "Queen of the Woods". In order to reward her, she received a beautiful paintjob and she is ready to pranced in the forest taking out paintball pixies right out of their bunkers.

So tell me boys, what ya'll think? Ain't she purty? I am in love!!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2na1f1u.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/10zxvep.jpg

I figure you guys will appreciate a marker like this. I really like it and I think my X7 is going to get a lot of shelf time for a while.

TwilightG
03-10-2009, 06:48 AM
I like it :) Personally, I would have kept the barrel silver to match the valve or maybe black to match the frame/asa. The camo on the barrel makes the shroud of the body harder to see.

Not sure if you're into sight rails or not but a black rail on the back would look nice too! :)

Dend78
03-10-2009, 08:11 AM
nice job i dunno about paintball pixxies but stellar paintjob none the less

:cheers:

Spider-TW
03-10-2009, 08:46 AM
A reverse mini at that! Nice!

What kind of paint and top coat or not? Two things I like about camo painted mags are that the scratches and fades help the camo effect and they strip easily.

C_losjoker
03-10-2009, 12:33 PM
Nice job, like the whole set up. did you do this yourself or had it done? and yeah what type of paint did you use?

trugz
03-10-2009, 06:10 PM
Thank you guys for all the comments and input. They are greatly appreciate it. I am toying with the idea of painting that barrel to black or purchasing another barrel like the cmi tru-flight QB barrel.

I used rust-oleum specialty cammo paint and minwax satin polyurethane top coat that I found at the military store on base. I sprayed the first color, let it dry for a couple of hours under a heating lamp, put more tape on it and sprayed the next color. I repeated the process until all colors were applied. I started with flat black, then dark green, light green and brown. After all that was done, I placed all the parts in the oven at 200 degrees for 10 minutes.

After it cooled off, I srayed it with the satin top coat, let it dry adn put it together.

I am thinking about painting the ASA as well. What do you all think?