PDA

View Full Version : Dang.. reading this really sucked.. MASK from tapout killed in car crash,

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-12-2009, 11:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_ylt=AqiAm5QbTuU1mrncAyos54c9Eo14?slug=ys-mmaweektt031109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just reading about this.... i really liked the guys from tapout... making it from selling out of there trunk to what it is today... :eek:

Army
03-13-2009, 12:19 AM
Does suck.

I didn't like how they were taking into the WWE side of TV though. Cage fighting is very serious, but they went the silly make-up and nickname route.

icky.

olinar
03-13-2009, 01:55 AM
This a terrible loss.

Im not really a fan of the sport but hearing about a death caused by a collision as "simple" as hitting a street pole is tragic.

How do high ends not have stronger cabs?
Torn in half?!?!

That is ridiculous...

Ruler_Mark
03-13-2009, 07:28 AM
shear strength is what composits lack

Lohman446
03-13-2009, 09:22 AM
More performance = less weight

Even with great engineering less weight = less strength assuming the level of engineering is equal

punkncat
03-13-2009, 10:57 AM
There has to be much more to the story that that poorly written article describes.

How are you going to arrest the driver of another car for vehicular manslaughter while racing?

As the article describes the cars were racing and buddy crashed. They did not say if his female passenger was killed either, just that she was ejected.

Unfortunatly, and being the almost victim of a similar type, running around acting stupid in an overpowered vehicle results in this much too often. Hate that he died, but it sure could have been easily avoided.

Hilltop Customs
03-13-2009, 11:35 AM
probably "racing", saw the cop and decided to run. Fast car =/= ability to drive. Really sucks, stupid decision that are made in split seconds change lives forever. Having a passenger and driving like that just makes the guy a dumbass :nono:

Will Wood
03-13-2009, 12:01 PM
There has to be much more to the story that that poorly written article describes.

How are you going to arrest the driver of another car for vehicular manslaughter while racing?

As the article describes the cars were racing and buddy crashed. They did not say if his female passenger was killed either, just that she was ejected.

Unfortunatly, and being the almost victim of a similar type, running around acting stupid in an overpowered vehicle results in this much too often. Hate that he died, but it sure could have been easily avoided.

Yea .... I wasn't really sure what was going on from the articles I read.
The only thing that would count is if the other guy slammed into him causing the accident ... it's just reckless driving on both their parts.

sandfreestyle
03-13-2009, 01:24 PM
you guys should have seen some of the local news reports on tv. they had some gnarly pics of the crash and interviews. Amazing that people can live (female in the car) after a crash like that, but there are also the down sides.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
03-13-2009, 02:07 PM
you guys should have seen some of the local news reports on tv. they had some gnarly pics of the crash and interviews. Amazing that people can live (female in the car) after a crash like that, but there are also the down sides.

there is a video within the link also that shows the car... It didnt look good at all..

sandfreestyle
03-13-2009, 02:59 PM
the news had pics of the street covered in car partsand intviews with people saying "It looks like a seen from a movie. I didn't think something like this was actually possible."

Destructo6
03-19-2009, 03:40 AM
If you engage in illegal activity that could reasonably result in injury and/or death, you are responsible for the outcome.

If you rob a bank or pull a home invasion with some buddies and one of them is killed in the process, you can, and probably will, be charged with first degree murder.