PDA

View Full Version : Emag Sear issue

Rob-0
03-16-2009, 05:12 PM
I just got my first Mag and it is an Emag with Emag rail and ULE body, the previous owner had not used it in a few years and is not much help.

The problem I am having is the sear is does not have enough travel to push the pin on the ON/OFF, it is to the point that if I gas the valve up and the Pin on the ON/OFF comes out and then I disconnect the gas and pull the trigger then try to remove the valve the pin get caught on the ULE body.

If I take out the screws that hold the rail in place and pull the trigger the rail will move forward but also move the sear will also have more travel.

On the sear assembly I do see some part that seem adjustable, but I have not tried changing them yet.

If pictures would help, I can post them later.

Thanks for the help

micromag-man
03-16-2009, 05:37 PM
Maybe the on/off needs lube?

Rob-0
03-16-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think that is the problem because when it is not gassed up and I pull the trigger and the sear is not pressing the pin in very far (or at all) and I can easy push it in with my finger.

maniacmechanic
03-16-2009, 06:13 PM
there are a few adjustments on the E Mag , if it was working when he put it away it should work now
Will it fire at all ? in E or M mode , is the only problem when removing the valve ? if so hold the trigger while degasing then you should be able to remove the valve

Rob-0
03-16-2009, 07:06 PM
It does not work in E or M mode. I can take the valve in and out if the pin is pushed in.
If I gas it up so the pin comes out pulling on the trigger will not push the pin in.

Outlaw5
03-16-2009, 07:38 PM
Rob-O, You need to take the On/Off Pin out of the valve and measure it. For an E-MAG the pin needs to be .712 inches long. Anything other than that will either leak like a sive or not trigger the marker at all. If you get the marker to fire in M mode than we can work on the solenoid part of the trigger.

Lastly, If you have a .712 you will wnat to measure the push rods for both the mechanical trigger and the solenoid trigger. Below are the dimensions needed for each part of the valve or trigger.

On/Off pin: .712" w/ brass top and double o-ring top.
.725" w/ aluminum top and single o-ring top.

Trigger Rod: 2.125"

Solenoid Plunger Rod: 3.005"

Good luck and keep us in the loop. Outlaw5

Rob-0
03-16-2009, 09:27 PM
I feel like a idoit.

Till I read this page
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=149&categoryID=24

I didnt realize that it was a safety. It was very stiff, I had to hit it with a grip of a screw driver to get it to move.

maniacmechanic
03-16-2009, 09:40 PM
I feel like a idoit.

Till I read this page
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=149&categoryID=24

I didnt realize that it was a safety. It was very stiff, I had to hit it with a grip of a screw driver to get it to move.

no just uninformed , remember you should learn something new every day :)

Outlaw5
03-17-2009, 07:05 AM
Outstanding! That is alot better than tearing apart your marker for measurements. Good deal and good luck. Outlaw5 :D

chafnerjr
03-17-2009, 08:26 AM
You do have to laugh at yourself at least a little bit. Everyone has these moments from time to time :cheers:

P.S. I do this kind of crap all the time!