PDA

View Full Version : Starting over again

BeaverEater
03-17-2009, 12:16 AM
So after about 4 years away from paintball ive decided to come back and play again. I just got back from deployment so i have a little bit of extra money to spend on some hobbies. Now i really dont know what the prices of things are going for or whats new and great. I used to play a 03 cyborg with a halo b, 68/45 and a profiler. Im really looking to get something along those lines again cause i really liked the borg compared to other guns ive shot. But before i go out and spend a lot of money i wanna know if worth it to get about the same setup. Im trying to get back into it for the least amount of money but not buying total crap. Probably somewhere along the lines of 600-900 at most for everything. I think i still have some misc stuff back home but im not too sure

aSpiffyMofo
03-17-2009, 01:08 AM
I'm not sure how easy it would be to get that same setup for 900. For an example I've got about 700-800 invested total in my Pneumag, (including mask, loader, tank).

Anyone on here have any other recomendations for a high end electro?

trevorjk
03-17-2009, 01:43 AM
Beaver, Welcome back!

well first things first, for that price you can get most anything.

and in the last 4 years ALOT of new guns have come out.

so, used 68/4500 ($120ish used)
Halo B W/ Rip Drive and goodies ($60ish used)

get a new mask Vforce Grill ($90ish

so you have 600ish to spend on a marker... you can literally get any marker made today for that price or FAR less used.

however, if your in love with the Cyborgs, you should be able to pick up an 06 for around $400ish and 07's for around $550ish

REDRT
03-17-2009, 01:50 AM
Hey Scott. Been a while hasn't it. I'm going to play some myself this year. Must be a bug going around. ;) I guess there is new rules in regards to BPS in tournaments. I'm told 10bps. So them high tech death cannons are not so important. I reluctantly sold all my Emags. Just going to use the RT and my minimag. I know you liked your borg, but from the sounds of it your not going to need it.

BeaverEater
03-17-2009, 04:58 AM
Pretty much the only reason im starting to play again is cause they opened up a field on base that ive heard is pretty sick. Im coming back to WI for 30 days this friday and i might play once while im home but im not sure yet. Im just looking to get back into it without spending a fortune since ive got other hobbies to pay for right now too. Mainly golf cause its just amazing in hawaii

chafnerjr
03-17-2009, 08:39 AM
You know... pneumags are looking better and better for tourny use... but that aside trevorjk is right... if you want an electro... you can get just about anything you want for $300-$500 a year or two later... whether it be a borg, a vice, an ego or whatever.. it's the XMags, AKA's and some palmers that tend to be a bit more pricey then that.

Deathss
03-17-2009, 08:59 AM
I may be able to help you out when you get back to WI. I can send pics if you are interested. I will shoot you a PM so I am not breaking any BST rules. :D

BeaverEater
03-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Ya im not looking for anything too expensive right now cause everything is expensive in hawaii. But i just want something that will get the job done. Plus ive got a couple of other people in my squad that are looking to start playing and buying gear so im trying to figure out whats a good deal.

Toll
03-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Some of the lower pricing tiered electros are actually pretty damn nice.

Ions, gen2 timmies, dm5/6, 05 egos...For around 200/300 a peice they are great markers with lots of life in them in most cases.

aSpiffyMofo
03-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Beaver, hope that field turns out to be nice. Have you checked out Bellows for woodsball? or K-bay has some pretty good speedball. Never played at Pearl Harbor but I've been by there, didn't look too good. The K-bay field has a super friendly crowd. alot of locals go there too

BeaverEater
03-17-2009, 05:31 PM
I heard k-bay is pretty nice but i think they pulled one of the airball fields from wheeler to put up at k-bay. My understanding is that both fields are run by the same company. I havent played in hawaii yet but my friend played at wheeler and said its real nice.