PDA

View Full Version : best valve for pump mag?

k-wall
03-19-2009, 11:39 PM
I know there is no reason for a x-valve, but would any other be better than another?

Dawg047
03-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Nope. I see so many people with X-valved Pump mags and I don't understand it. It is the lightest no doubt out of the 3 but it is not getting used to its potential at all and you can only play open class with it. If you play stock class, you have to have a classic valve because you run the 12gram CO2 cartridges. I think the classic valve is best for a Pump mag. You can run the 12's and it is alot cheaper overall on the valve price. Why spend all that money on an X when You could save $140+ and have a valve that is more suited for pump play?

dark blade
03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
i personally use an xvalve on my pump because of many reasons. Let me explain why...

1.) i can literally just take out 1 spring (wave spring) and have an RT mag
2.) i plan to pneumag my pumpmag which would allow me to remove 1 spring (wave spring)
and have a walkable mech
3.) its lighter but thats a minimal reason
4.) ive had much better consistancy with an xvalve than with any other valve ive ever used
5.) i can take the xvalve and lvl 10 and literally swap the gold spring for red and use it in any
other mag i own
6.) color... its black... my entire chord pump is black and im a stickler for matching ano
7.) you can use it for stock class... all you have to do is have put a palmer stab in the vert reg
spot and the 12gram adapter running through an asa
8.) its an xvalve... need i say more?

flyingpootang
03-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I run mine with a Classic and a ULT. The trigger is ultra light.....
http://i537.photobucket.com/albums/ff333/flyingpootang/PICT3325.jpg

k-wall
03-21-2009, 07:45 PM
SWEET LOOKIN PUMP!!

can you have auto trigger on pump mag? and if so how?

secretweaponevan
03-21-2009, 09:44 PM
SWEET LOOKIN PUMP!!

can you have auto trigger on pump mag? and if so how?

Nope.

Well, you could, but you'd have to fabricate something really really custom. So, technically, no.