PDA

View Full Version : XTREME'ly Cut and Carved (pics)

AGD
01-29-2002, 11:03 PM
AO,

After Mr Sostas first attempt at taking pics he sent us the proto body that Manike was working on. We have mounted it on a silver SFL lower so you can get a better idea of what it looks like. I tried to light it so you can best see the complex curves in the design. Look carefully at the different pics to see them all. The body is only tumbled, not polished or anoed so please take that into consideration. We hope these pics do it some justice.

AGD

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon01.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon02.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon03.jpg

http://www.automags.org/~TomAGD/simon04.jpg

zvanut
01-29-2002, 11:03 PM
theres a winner in my books. looks really slick Tom.

headcase
01-29-2002, 11:13 PM
It's looks ALOT better as a complete marker. I like it quite a bit. So when can I put my preorder down for one in Dark Blue w/ Vert and Warp Left Breaches? :)

Good work to everyone involved.

gibby
01-29-2002, 11:13 PM
NICE! <sigh> One can only dream!

FooTemps
01-29-2002, 11:14 PM
AHHH! SOO COOL!!!!

Ok, Now that i've come to my senses... Maybe the body should flow a bit more. It has some abrupt edges that make it look very... edgy... lol... It's all good no matter how you cut that design.

Load SM5
01-29-2002, 11:17 PM
Looks very nice. The only thing I would change is the long cut in the valve part I'd shorten it so it's more of a squared off point; like the rest of the cuts in the body.

I like the swoop of rail the best, very cool.

Miscue
01-29-2002, 11:30 PM
I think it's a keeper... maybe some minor changes...

Load SM5
01-29-2002, 11:32 PM
I especially like that lack of surplus ball detent hole. That makes it for me ;)

prikkaboo
01-29-2002, 11:36 PM
that is one nice piece of aluminum. that thing looks great. the only thing i dont like about it is how under the barrel thers a big gap. that kinda throws off the look, but other than that the gun rules. expect me to be getting an extreme in the near future.

MantisMag
01-29-2002, 11:43 PM
i think the body should extend out around the barrel matching the milling around the valve. i know we're trying to go for lighter but come on. are we really so weak that we can't deal with that little bit of extra weight that it would add?

Miscue
01-29-2002, 11:46 PM
We need to get Amy to hold that gun, so that way we can really form a good opinion on it.

FooTemps
01-29-2002, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by MantisMag
i think the body should extend out around the barrel matching the milling around the valve. i know we're trying to go for lighter but come on. are we really so weak that we can't deal with that little bit of extra weight that it would add?

Or you could just mill the front of it to look like the bottom curve...

headcase
01-30-2002, 12:00 AM
Am I the only one who likes it as is? I love the flowing lines and abrupt edges, I think it all works together very well.

I just want to see it now with the Manike frame, a warp left breach, all polished and anno'd........and in my grubby little hands!

Bonx0007
01-30-2002, 12:37 AM
The step in the Emag valve is bothering me a little but I think over all it looks awesome. This is the first one that I have seen that I think you should actually anodize and polish. This one seems worth it to me. Maybe just incoorperate the step in the e valve into the design a little more so it doesn't look out of place and you are set. I also feel that the space between the barrel and battery is fine. I think that part looks good. Good work. Lets get those puppies on the market. I am anxious to buy one.

damageinc54
01-30-2002, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by Bonx0007
The step in the Emag valve is bothering me a little but I think over all it looks awesome.

I agree with you about the way the body is cut around the valve. I do not want to think of the mess we would have after a few hits right there on the valve. Overall I think it looks nice, but I do not like the valve exposed.

Snooky
01-30-2002, 02:08 AM
love it and would even buy one but the valve is naked. need to extend the frame to cover the valve a bit better in my opinion. Still a very nice gun though.

Smokee_2_7
01-30-2002, 02:13 AM
Escellent Job to all those involved. I can definitly see the amount of detail that went into milling that. Very smooth. Youve pretty much got me sold on an Extreem over an SFL. Fortunately, by the time I have enough money save up for this bad boy, the millwork will be complete, as well as the ACE's installed, AND all the other 'minute changes' you eluded to this past weekend Tom. (. . . If that tells you how long its going to before Im able to pick one up. lol. )

Too bad for me that you didnt have this one down in New orleans. Id love to check it out in person.

Keep up the good work.

Carl

Manuel_FZR
01-30-2002, 02:19 AM
Looks great! Definitely, I would buy this one (I like it more than the SFL, but they are both great)! I like the minimalistik look and the naked valve ... great!
And if the new gripframe is mounted, the ACE installed and the "other new stuff" added it would be the marker to have ... Great work!!!

When and where can I order one? (really) Must I call John from AGDE or you Tom?

virus
01-30-2002, 04:04 AM
i luv that look... the tumbled look that is.... along with the c&c looks real sweet.....

but i have a couple of ques.
can i get just a body for a non-Emag (dont seem myself going E for a while but luv the body none-the-less)

what would that body, say anno'd blue then tumbled some more look like... i'm thinking the stonewashed blue jean effect...

if that, tumbled/anno'd/retumble for stonewash effect, and was avalible for us non E people i'd buy one......

plus if i ever did want to goto the E i would have a body that i like already and could jst send it in for the upgrade which probly be a piece of cake as the milling for the ACE and whatnot would have already been done for the most part.....

also Tom.... i know the best way to get me to buy the I-Zgrip when they do come out....
offer a package for the Z and the c&c mod body anno'd to match.... kinda like what i said up above, tumble, anno, retubmle....
heck i would even do if ya found an old Z layin around or i could send mine back in for the test run for ya..... i thknk that would look pretty sweet myself....

ok enough babble from me it time to head off to my next to last 12hour shift for a while... startin next week my plant goes 8hr 5day week but i got stuck on 2nd... but that leaves every weekend for paintball now.... if my body is not to stiff to play....

bornl33t
01-30-2002, 05:25 AM
aight, I've NEVER posted about how good one gun or the other looks... NEVER until now. If that actually hits the stores sometime.. I'll be a whole lotta $$ shorter.... and I'm serious... that is a NICE looking mag and I would HAVE to buy one! wow... I like that...

Paintballer86
01-30-2002, 05:45 AM
Very slick tom, very slick. BTW, I found an old picture of you giving an autograph to some kid. I will Post it when I get my digital camera back and if you want to see it.

shartley
01-30-2002, 06:36 AM
MUCH better! I don’t know if I like it more than the SFL.. but it does not look terrible (like I thought it did before).

This one may grow on me….. but I don’t know yet if I would buy this one over the SFL. I think it will definitely appeal to a good number of folks though.

Good job guys.

I whipped up some color ones to give a better idea of how it may look completed. It does change it quite a bit. Going with a Pewter color with smoke Warp Feed…. Hmmmm lookin’ good.

Dubstar112
01-30-2002, 07:00 AM
I like it all except for how the chamber of the valve looks a little too exposed... I dont think you can do any thing about that. But yeah i like it ;)(the sfl still looks better in my opinion because of the shape of the milling..)

heres an idea, how about one with out the sight rail on there and bring the bottom of the rail up to a curve on the top :) I could do somthing in paint if youd like lol..

Dave
01-30-2002, 08:04 AM
as a complete marker it looks very nice, but I also agree that the valve gap should be shortened just a little bit. What are some of the battery pack ideas that AGDE has been coming up with?

-Dave

headcase
01-30-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by damageinc54
I agree with you about the way the body is cut around the valve. I do not want to think of the mess we would have after a few hits right there on the valve. Overall I think it looks nice, but I do not like the valve exposed.

Really thats all it would be, a mess. Getting paint by that step isn't going to hurt anyting, and when you are off the field for a min, just pull the valve, squeegie the area, replace the valve, no problem.

synreal
01-30-2002, 08:36 AM
incredible, granted i may be a bit biased, but that body is exacty what i want on my gun.

any chance of buying one of the prototypes when you are done playing around with them? ;)

oneshot
01-30-2002, 09:07 AM
now that I have seen that pic, I think I am going to delay my angel and up grade my emag to a extreme.:D

I like it the way it is, keep up the good work agd.:D

Lostinthewoods
01-30-2002, 10:26 AM
I like it. I would however like to see a little more of the sight rail left. I like to use a dot sight like an Armson Pro Dot or Dye Izon and there doesn't seem to be much of the rail left for mounting. I know I'm going to get trashed for that as a lot of people don't think sights are worth anything but you don't want to exclude any buyers by taking away the option.

RoadDawg
01-30-2002, 10:49 AM
WOW. Even though it isn't polished and annoed it looks darn good. I'd have to agree about the valve being a little too exposed. Looks really nice though. How much would this run for? If the price is in my range I'd be more then happy to get one of those pretty things.

Webmaster
01-30-2002, 10:59 AM
Bling bling!

We have a winner! Very nice - I want one of those! Is there any possible way to make the sear pin smaller so its not interrutping the lines in the milling?

Finally - DO SOMETHING WITH THE BATTERY PACK - it is LITTERALLy a blank canvas! But some shallow millines in it or something!!! Even cut into it making holes, and wrap the batteries in a colored plastic for contrast...

lazer engrave it - something!

Gup44
01-30-2002, 11:03 AM
Very very nice... the big question is WHEN? Gimme NOW!!:D

cphilip
01-30-2002, 11:18 AM
Ok...I will take it just like that. Email me for my shipping addy...

Bluntman
01-30-2002, 11:33 AM
Looks really kick ***, except for those panel grips. I can't help but stare at them.

Doobie
01-30-2002, 12:23 PM
It's bootiful!
I'm tired of getting teased...WHEN!!!

whew!

:confused:

lonsch
01-30-2002, 12:25 PM
i like it a lot better than the other ones. i agree with webmaster though. you need to mil the battery pack. other than that i think its on par with the sfl.

Bonx0007
01-30-2002, 12:46 PM
I really like what you guys did but there could be a few more design fixes. The sear pin rod is something else that is begining to bother me. It is hard to pick apart this design but I figured it would be good to here someone not just say "I want it". Also, if you look at Dave's image that I attached you might incoorperate some of the breech and battery pack milling. I think it works nicely. Also, His design does not leave the sear pin just hanging out there. Just a thought.

Dave
01-30-2002, 01:32 PM
whoops, I guess I forgot to put the sear pin in that drawing....:D

-Dave

personman
01-30-2002, 01:35 PM
I agree with what I THINK virus was saying. I really like the design and would choose it over any angel's. I dont want to go E yet, but I want the body badly. I cant afford a body right now (assuming they are over 60$:rolleyes: ) but I would love one. You should manufacture the body seprately. :D

John Sosta, AGD Europe
01-30-2002, 01:46 PM
Dave's design is great, and is something that Manike & I are looking at doing.
The Sear pin hole has to protrude out of the body, because it has the thread cut into it for the pin to screw into.
If we milled it all away, there wouldn't be enough meat left for the threads.
We will work on many other designs, but bear in mind that the more intricate the design, the more milling hours there are, and the more expensive it becomes.

Hasty8
01-30-2002, 01:51 PM
I love the way the metal splits and wraps around the valve at the rear. Makes it look almost organic. Like the metal grew around it.

Yeah, maybe some light milling on the battery pack or a series of custom carved jobs with holes in it as was recommended. Instead of colored plastic I would use a metal sleeve but that's just for protection cases.

All in all I would buy it as it, right now, no questions asked.

Fantastic work gents.

I also like the image Bonx attached but I see that as a different work altogether. The Bonx image is more along the lines of an alien lifeform if you will. The clear areas, as I see it in my head(cluttered as it is), are bright polished chrome or maybe a dark yet still highly polished red. The darker areas would be finished in a beadblasted grey or carbonfiber black color but it would definately have to have some sort of a texture to it.

All in all I think both are great works.

John Sosta, AGD Europe
01-30-2002, 01:52 PM
Forgot to say that we do have a C&C Battery pack & frame, that we showed on an earlier thread, but Tom just fitted this Body & module to an SFL, to give you some nicer shots.
Manike is away Snowboarding at the moment, but when he gets back, we will start milling again. We'll probably finish off the blade trigger as well.

marc
01-30-2002, 03:56 PM
I absolutly love it. I would buy the body right now, as is for a few hundred. When are they coming out? And bravo to who ever designed it

Manuel_FZR
01-30-2002, 04:17 PM
I´m really looking forward to the frame (is it the same shown some days before?) and the milled battery pack.
And then I will order my C&C Xtreme :D

AngelBoy
01-30-2002, 05:24 PM
...If I was only allowed to....

That is the nicest E-mag I have ever seen. I love the back of it about how it almost looks alive. I would like to see pictures of the milled battery pack and frame on the body, that would be great. I would sell my kidneys and donate my body to science to get the money for this if I was allowed to get another gun.

media
01-30-2002, 07:50 PM
I'll take one c&c emag extreme, supersize fries, and a large coke.

ShinyGuy
01-30-2002, 07:59 PM
I love it. I love the exposed valve. The only thing it needs is a little milling on the battery (something subtle to match).

RT_Luver
01-30-2002, 08:07 PM
Just sum thougts for the battery pack......maybe laser engrave the AGD logo into it..That might be a bit hard BUT IT'D look tight.........maybe have Daves X design on it.....I Especially like that second one he came up with.....the third was AWESoMe with the X at the center'warp breach and how the x continued.I can draw so deal with me and if u can follow it's be kool......Maybe have that X design around the breach ahve a side of the X go along on to the battery pack and from the side make it look like a side ways v ,but when u look at it from an angle from the front when u have that on both sides it'll be an X...if u think u like what i'm talkin about butnot sure tell me and i'll TRY to draw what i'm thinking about.other than that.....I WANT ONE..........OH and also.......maybe have a detend where the battery pack side pin is so that it's flush against the side or so u can just barely feel it and have a way of gettin it out....oher then that it looks great..........sorry for such a long post........guess it was longer then i thought it would be

RSUAVE911
01-30-2002, 08:22 PM
OK if you want the gun to truly look good you need to get rid of the battery pack, I don't know how but that is what you have to do, it makes the gun look horrible...sorry...but it looks pretty cool except for that.

media
01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Get rid of the battery pack? No way. That thing will run your HALO and your warp feed so it stays.
I also heard you can wire it to run your ab-energizer for a sexy stomach and use it to start your car if you leave your lights on.

RSUAVE911
01-30-2002, 08:38 PM
Have you ever held an E-MAG media? The battery pack is gigantic and makes the feel uncomfortable. I hve pretty big hands too so I know for others it has to be even worse.

headcase
01-30-2002, 09:01 PM
That's funny, I don't find the battery pack uncomfortable in the least. I don't even have big hands, they are average if anything, and I have no problem holding my E-mag.

edit: Besides changing the battery pack would further delay the release of the extreme C+C and I just can't have that! :)

ah137
01-30-2002, 09:23 PM
i like this a little better it makes the marker look a little shorter. Your toughts? Later Hills

ah137
01-30-2002, 09:23 PM
another

media
01-31-2002, 12:02 AM
Well, the e-mag specs say it'll run off 2 9-volt batteries.
Maybe after the extreme is released agd will offer an ergo front grip designed for that size battery for those who absolutley hate the stock battery. Then everyone would be happy.

FooTemps
01-31-2002, 12:24 AM
Didn't AGD prototype a round grip battery?

giant1515
01-31-2002, 08:04 AM
with the valve exposed so much is there any damage that could be done to it? Dirt gets everywhere during play and there's always the chance of taking a hit directly on the valve.

I also think that something should be done with the battery pack, laser engraving or something, it could add a lot to it.

oh, shartley, thanks for posting the colored emag pics (cad, whatever they are), it helps to be able to SEE that stuff.

Giant

RSUAVE911
01-31-2002, 09:17 AM
Yea, I wonder what happened with that round battery pack, I a sure that would be much comfortable. Yeah, I also feel the valve might be in some danger, I am sure it would still work but like it would always be dirty. I kinda like what BONX did with the valve.

Drizit
01-31-2002, 09:42 AM
my thought on everyones concern about the exposed valve is. who cares if it gets hit, or gets some dirt on it. as long as it's sealed nicely into the body infront of that cut it won't make a difference. there are no moving parts there. as long as you give it a wipe before you split the valve to replace the reg seat (witch i hope you do anyway) there shouldn't be a problem.

ah137
01-31-2002, 09:42 AM
As far as I know the round battery pack was not a pack at all it was only a fore grip.

later Hills

zekewh
01-31-2002, 10:30 AM
Awsome....the word that explains it all. I was at the Kick'n indoor tourny in Springfield, MO. I talked with someone that works for AGD. He told me how the extreme was coming about. So, that day, I got my Angel Sold. Got the money, just waiting on the gun to be for sell. Great work AGD.

headcase
01-31-2002, 10:47 AM
I hope you have another marker to play with while you wait for the extreme to be released. I know I'm not selling my E-mag until I have my Extreme in my hands.

Bonx0007
01-31-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by RSUAVE911
Yea, I wonder what happened with that round battery pack, I a sure that would be much comfortable. Yeah, I also feel the valve might be in some danger, I am sure it would still work but like it would always be dirty. I kinda like what BONX did with the valve.

RSUAVE911 THAT IS NOT MY PICYURE IT IS DAVE'S. I IN NO WAY CLAIMED RESPONSIBILITY FOR THAT PICTURE. I just don't want to take credit for anyone elses work.

media
01-31-2002, 11:37 AM
Art thief!!! Art thief!!! ;)

Manuel_FZR
01-31-2002, 11:42 AM
I´ve also saved already the money ... my € are only waiting for the c&c Xtreme ... :D

RSUAVE911
01-31-2002, 11:48 AM
Ok Bonx...Simma...Down....Now....SimmaDownNow.....I just saw your name by the picture, so I assumed it was yours, I am sure Dave is not angry with you. Sorry for the commotion.

media
01-31-2002, 12:46 PM
I wanna see the polished and anno'ed c&c. How bout blue or red or whatever color you happen to do first, just wanna see one finished.

Bonx0007
01-31-2002, 01:45 PM
I just wanted to make it known sorry to yell I just don't want to take credit for his skillz. No harm no foul. Consider me simmered.:)

Hasty8
01-31-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by RSUAVE911
OK if you want the gun to truly look good you need to get rid of the battery pack, I don't know how but that is what you have to do, it makes the gun look horrible...sorry...but it looks pretty cool except for that.

It's funny but in just about every picture I have ever seen of someone holding a marker they are always holding the front regulator if there is one. Now we have an Emag with a battery pack in it's place and everyone onplains about it.

To tell the truth I love it right where it is expecially since I have the warp feed on it. Now I have a really comfy front grip when I snake my hand around the warp feed.

Ah well, to each his own.

RSUAVE911
01-31-2002, 03:25 PM
I am not sure I completely understood what you meant but no one complains about where the battery pack is but more the size and shape of it. :)

crakonpr
01-31-2002, 03:47 PM
is this the final C&C or will there be more?

John Sosta, AGD Europe
02-01-2002, 01:39 PM
There will be more.
We are going to try to mill Dave's design next.
I really like that design, and would go for that on my own Xtreme.
My photography's not too good, so I'll send a sample to Tom, and he can post pics as soon as it's finished.
We're also working on the round battery pack.

Manuel_FZR
02-01-2002, 02:05 PM
I hope, this shown one (not Dave´s) will be done. It looks better in my opinnion!

John Sosta, AGD Europe
02-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Yes, we are machining the first one now.

virus
02-01-2002, 06:09 PM
i'm would still like to know if, those of us that dont have a need for and Egun at this time will be able to get just the body.....

i know in time i'll be going that route but probly not fer a couple of years...

Manuel_FZR
02-01-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by John Sosta, AGD Europe
Yes, we are machining the first one now.

Good to hear this ;)
What will the milling of the battery pack look like? Is the gripframe the nice one already shown?

-§on-
02-02-2002, 07:11 PM
Has my approval...Very nice looking...

Cha0tic
02-02-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by -§on-
Has my approval...Very nice looking...

-§on- when did you start posting on the forum again.....i thought you'd left us....

AGD
02-03-2002, 12:12 PM
Yes you will be able to buy just the body and put it on a mechanical gun.

Yes that is the grip frame that will come with the Extremes, it's highly lightened.

AGD

virus
02-03-2002, 12:17 PM
hehe.... i can see myself buildin a 3rd mag already... and i'm not even done with the 2nd....

now how about the tuble then anno and then tumble again for that stonewash bluejean effect....

Manuel_FZR
02-03-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by AGD
Yes that is the grip frame that will come with the Extremes, it's highly lightened.

AGD

I´m really looking forward to this c&c Xtreme ... and of course to the first pics of the complete c&c ...

manike
02-04-2002, 04:05 AM
Hi all, I'm back from Snowboarding and missing it already!

Some very interesting responses here, and I thank you all for them. It's interesting to see the different response these pictures got from the ones before...

Originally posted by Bonx0007
This is the first one that I have seen that I think you should actually anodize and polish. This one seems worth it to me.

This is what I find strange. It is exactly the same body that we showed you before. EXACTLY. Before it didn't appear to be liked and yet now the majority do like it. This causes me concern for several reasons. It is still not finished. It is yet to be annodised and I think it will look a shade better again once a whole gun is match annodised (thanks Shartley for your coloured pictures, that helps a lot. The dark grey one and Blue look good... I'm a dark blue man myself but that grey looks awesome!)

The bad responses here on AO before on the raw body made us consider canning this design! However the people who saw it in the flesh could see past the raw aluminium to how it would look when it's finished, they were on the whole stunned that people on here didn't like it. This is what you guys are just starting to see, now that we are showing more of what you are used to seeing.

If people can't see the potential then that makes me think we shouldn't present prototype designs to you until they are polished, blasted and annodised. Certainly just rumbling this design has gotten a significantly different result than showing you the WIP raw body... Let's see what happens when we get one anno'd red or blue... or Aurora... :) I want to see the AZTEC one anno'd also...

Now to answer a few other points...

Originally posted by MantisMag

We can't add that weight because we can't add that material :) If the material is not already there then it can't be milled to match... These bodies are modified from the standard extreme bodies so we can only remove metal not add it. In the future we may work from a bigger or more base extrusion so features like that can be done. But not at the moment.

Originally posted by Webmaster
Is there any possible way to make the sear pin smaller so its not interrutping the lines in the milling?

The Sear pin is like that because we removed a huge amount of material from the sides of the gun. If we left it more slab sided like the SFL that you wouldn't have the roundel effect.... or the heavily indented and machined sides. Dave's body design will probably be based on a flat sided approach like the SFL and so it won't be prominent.

Bonx007, Dave's design is going to be done seperately. So I definitely have no intention of incorporating parts of it into this design. I want his to stand on it's own for what it is. It will take some time and work though so don't expect to see it soon.

Personman, bodies will be avaliable seperately for E and non-E guns. So you will be able to have a very stylish custom mechanical gun...

Battery packs WILL be machined, not just plain. :)

Ah137, a short minimalistic (but stylish) gun is in the thought works, as a signature series marker for Pete 'Robbo' Robinson, I was talking to him in #automags (there's a good reason to come chat with us sometime). Again each design is supposed to have a specific style and is not going to incorporate everyones ideas into one body. Stay tuned for Robbo's gun at a later date. The round battery pack IS a battery pack and is being developed by AGDE.

Originally posted by giant1515
with the valve exposed so much is there any damage that could be done to it? Dirt gets everywhere during play and there's always the chance of taking a hit directly on the valve.

The valves in AGD products have to be the most indestructible part of any paintball marker ever. There is no concern whatsoever about damage being done at all if it is shot in the valve. You may need to clean it for a while but even that should be easy by just sliding out the valve, and heck you should be in the deadbox by then, right? ;) . One reason I am not intending to do slots into the bolt area is that paint there may affect performance, but getting any of the body hit on this design should be just fine.

That's all for now folks gotta catch up on 9 days of work...

manike (tanned and tired but wishing he was till on the slopes!)

cphilip
02-04-2002, 08:28 AM
Gee Manike I never remember seeing this one before. I remember the one with the Aztec stuff on it. I don't think I even commented on it at the time. I for one thought it a bit busy though. I think those kinds of things are personal preference and appeal to individual tastes more than this one does. This one I think has much wider appeal. I did not see this carved one in that particular post. I realy like this one. Curvacious and Sexxxxy I think!!! (by the way you can send it to me for some close up market analysis if you like :)). Did I miss something? Maybe I did?

Oh and remember...take responses with a grain of salt here. Only the strong feeling ones usualy respond and those on the fence often say nothing. Also the trend seems to be that the early responses, pro or con, set the tone for the rest of the comments. Far to many followers rather than leaders. I suspect you will find that on many Forums as well. I would almost bet you could post the same picture every week and get an entirely different attitude depending upon the mood and the ones who see it at the time. This is not an accurate Market Research forum however much we all would like it to be. We tend to be far too moody to get realy accurate results. Although a good feel can be obtained it is up to you to sift through the garbage. :eek:

manike
02-04-2002, 08:51 AM
Here it is Phil... Called "A Different Hot of the Mill Emag Extreme"...

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=21440

You didn't post in it so maybe you missed it. It does look different 'hot off the mill' ;)

manike

cphilip
02-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Doggonit. I sure did miss that one. Where the heck was I? Hmmmm.

I must admit it looked better after the valve was in. It gave it more definition. In that particular incident first opinions could be formed slanting any further views. An important point to remember for next time.

However I do not see the majority of the comments as negative. Quite the opposite. I think overwelmingly they were in favor of it. Now mind you these folks always want more. They are insatiable critics. But I like to always take the extreme commments and throw them out of the sample group. Go with the average. If you do that then its "a big seller" from what I can see. You still need to send it to me to be sure though...:D

Dragoon
02-04-2002, 12:34 PM
manike,

I'm looking forward to seeing the Robbo design. I like a minimilist marker myself. We talk about it before in the other post but here is the pic again of the type of marker I'd like to see (and buy! :D )

http://www.riversidewoodworks.com/files/modified_2_custom1.jpg

Even better the upper 'fin' would be removed completely.

Keep it comming. I'm like a junky for this stuff!

Douglas

FooTemps
02-04-2002, 04:02 PM
Manike, I didn't like this body when they first showed it. I thought it would be bad looking because it would have overexposed the valve. Then AGD put up a pic with it with the valve. I thought "Ok, that looks pretty nice." It does look like a slightly modified mill to me though, it looks like the back was milled a bit differently.

MantisMag
02-04-2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by manike
We can't add that weight because we can't add that material :) If the material is not already there then it can't be milled to match... These bodies are modified from the standard extreme bodies so we can only remove metal not add it. In the future we may work from a bigger or more base extrusion so features like that can be done. But not at the moment.

i see what you mean. i just took a look at the pics of the standard extreme. my mistake. oh well. think there would be enough demand to produce the bigger modules?

AGD
02-04-2002, 05:18 PM
The reason you guys like these views instead of the first ones is because I spent a lot of time making nice pics. To get a product to look good is all about lighting. That why Manikes kitchen floor pics don't compare to our pro lighting setup and post production.

AGD

media
02-04-2002, 10:50 PM
I knew it, it's all about the lighting. Bars must have bad lighting if I'm not meeting women that often.

Manuel_FZR
02-05-2002, 01:19 AM
... I liked the first shown pics too, and I noticed, that it´s the same :(

Dodo
02-05-2002, 06:37 PM
that gun is the coolest, tell me when its 4 sale:D

halo13
02-06-2002, 10:13 AM
that milling looks great. I it going to go into production, or is it just a test?

manike
02-06-2002, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by halo13
that milling looks great. I it going to go into production, or is it just a test?

It is going into production :) There may be a few very minor changes but nothing you will really notice as compared to the one you can see here. I can't wait to see a fully finished marker with matching air system and everything :)

manike

Manuel_FZR
02-06-2002, 10:26 AM
... me too, me too ;):D:p

Gup44
02-07-2002, 11:25 AM
I have a pre-order in for an xtreme... Make sure I get one of these carved up ones!!

-Jake

FaSSt
02-07-2002, 11:40 AM
Very nice.

While you are at it, you may want to consider smoothing the bottom of the trigger guard a bit, so that it's not s sharp.

manike
02-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by FaSSt
consider smoothing the bottom of the trigger guard a bit, so that it's not s sharp.

? I'm not sure what you mean, can you elaborate a little more please.

manike

nickkiland
02-08-2002, 10:26 PM
omg thats sweet i wont

Ghost Stalker
02-10-2002, 08:06 PM
Do you an idea or estimate as to how much the C&C extreme will cost?

Manuel_FZR
02-11-2002, 06:47 AM
Are there already pics of the c&c with anodisazion and the milled gripframe? :rolleyes:

manike
02-11-2002, 06:48 AM
Not yet Manuel, these things take a little time :)

manike

Manuel_FZR
02-11-2002, 07:54 AM
Ok ... i will wait and be patient :rolleyes: (even if it´s verry difficult for me :D )

56kSomeGuy
02-11-2002, 06:27 PM
I been wanting to buy a e-mag for a while now. Finally I have enough money for one. This xtreme mag looks great. When will it come out? So that I could get one.

slayer
02-11-2002, 07:16 PM
I like the color the way it is. I didn't think that automags were ever actually pretty until I saw that photo and that triggernomics one but that isn't production(it was sculpture)... but that is really a milled work of art. Well done manike!

Oh and before anyone defends how they look... its personal preference(I also own a warped emag, and a powerfeed mag if that gives me any more credentials).

RT_Luver
02-12-2002, 10:04 AM
one word........WHEN.I really wanna know.That thing is a BEAUTIFUL work of art.Also,Ya'll should sell it on your store with a warp and a Flatline tank as a package.THat'd be AWESOME!!

Manuel_FZR
02-12-2002, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by RT_Luver
one word........WHEN.I really wanna know.That thing is a BEAUTIFUL work of art.Also,Ya'll should sell it on your store with a warp and a Flatline tank as a package.THat'd be AWESOME!!

Good idea. With a little discount ;) it would be a great deal as The Ultimate Package :D

marc
02-12-2002, 12:11 PM
what ever happened to the pic of the one emag that look like it was alive, with like veins and everything

hawpunch
02-12-2002, 05:38 PM
that is an awesome difference in the emag...i can't wait for the c&c extreme bodies, so i can upgrade my emag. i'm hoping the upgrade with the ace won't be too expensive.

aloha,

jae park

XxslayerxX
02-12-2002, 11:51 PM
omg thats awsome!

shartley
02-13-2002, 04:35 AM
marc
That was a Triggernomics "hand carved" frame, NOT an Extreme with custom machine milling.

Telefragged
02-13-2002, 08:01 PM
Drool.... :eek: All I can think of now is a blue acidwash C&C RT Pro, or Emag! Cool that the bodies are coming out for both ElectroMags and RT/Mechanical Mags, but on the other hand, that's gonna be one more thing that my wallet smacks me for...

Riotz
02-13-2002, 09:21 PM
Well, someone asked me how to change the colors of the body on the picture. So while I was teaching them I played around with it for a few and did some fades and paterns real quick.

Here it goes:

http://jeff.acky.net/agd/extreme/010.jpg
http://jeff.acky.net/agd/extreme/009.jpg
http://jeff.acky.net/agd/extreme/008.jpg
http://jeff.acky.net/agd/extreme/004.jpg

Riotz
02-13-2002, 09:23 PM
one more

http://jeff.acky.net/agd/extreme/007.jpg

Gup44
02-13-2002, 09:46 PM
Those are awesome... I love the first two! The blue and the tiger stripe. Great job Roitz! I want...I want...:D

manike
02-14-2002, 02:55 AM
Very Nice Riotz, the fade looks very cool, as does the blue and black :)

manike

JanStah
02-14-2002, 03:17 AM
I love that tiger-stripe pattern!
For some reason, Gold coloured mags always look really cool! I remember seeing the gold ano examples on the AGDE website and thinking 'Mmmmm That's for me!'...

If I got one, I'd call it my 'Bling-Bling Mag'.... <grin>

Good work Manike and Riotz!

Jan.

BartManSr
02-14-2002, 01:07 PM
What time frame am I'm looking at in getting an anodized C&C Xtreme/Ace Emag?

FutureMagOwner
02-19-2002, 11:12 AM
*craps his pants* wow thats sweet tom want to send me one for a "permanant testing"

Rahman
02-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Nice job,Riotz..:)
Manike, I wanted to ask you are the tubular battery packs going into production aswell??

manike
02-23-2002, 05:44 AM
Rahman, You are better off asking AGDE than me but they are still working on the development of them so I would say there is a fair chance.

manike

Manuel_FZR
02-23-2002, 09:28 AM
hmmm... will the c&c Xtreme come with this new technical innovations, Tom has told us and has aroused our curiosity ;)

Bonx0007
02-24-2002, 03:04 AM
I picked up a second job to buy one of these(seriously).. It better be good!:D ;) :D

WARPED1
03-06-2002, 10:04 AM
Great gun Tom,Retail price?

cooldude
03-06-2002, 02:22 PM
i wish i had enough money for that

Hysperion
03-07-2002, 07:26 PM
sorry to go against the grain here but the back of that gun looks like a hackjob...the front looks so nice and then all of a sudden the back turns into this gross deformation....up for the sfl....I see alot of potential there though.......just my .02...

Rowan
03-08-2002, 05:20 PM
Some new anodized blue fade Xtreme from John and Jackie Sosta at Airgun Designs Europe...:cool:

Rowan
03-08-2002, 05:24 PM
and another pic

Hysperion
03-12-2002, 12:56 PM
now that one looks very nice :), I take back what I said about the extreme b4...and after seeing a blue C&C I don't really think it looks that bad but it could be better.

Croix71
03-12-2002, 01:59 PM
:eek: Nice pic, Thanks Rowan!

paintslinger
03-12-2002, 08:44 PM
the regular extremes look so plain there needs to be something done to the back add some slots(couple mm deep) or something. maybe mill down the back...take those "wings" out and put some sort of 3d design or something. just my .02

Hysperion
03-12-2002, 08:46 PM
that's what the C&C is for....the regular extreme looks like that you can send it to a shop and have it custom milled to your tastes, cool w/me :)

gretch6364
03-14-2002, 04:55 PM
the coloring on that blue silver fade extreme makes it look like it belongs on the beach or something like at the board walk! Good job with the c&c's i am so very happy tht will be the dezign over the aztec!

paintslinger
03-14-2002, 06:52 PM
i know the real question is...when are we gonna get to see some pics of annoed c&c xtremes!!

headcase
03-14-2002, 07:46 PM
like this one?

http://www.automags.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=244014

as far as I know that is the only anno'd C+C extreme so far(unless Tom or the guys at AGDE are hiding something!)

joker4hire
03-14-2002, 08:18 PM
Why is the Flatline reg on a ACI Bulldog tank?...

Gup44
03-14-2002, 08:20 PM
That is the way the new 4500psi flatline comes... Just got mine today.

-Gup

paintslinger
03-14-2002, 09:23 PM
oh man that is 2 2 2 sexy. wheres my piggy bank!!!!!! also wheres the ace gonna be placed?

headcase
03-14-2002, 10:16 PM
The ACE is completly internal.

look at this
http://www.automags.org/resource/tech/prototype/ace_1.shtml

pretty much explains it all.

2UnREal
03-15-2002, 06:41 PM
Are you sure those tanks are bulldogs? When I took that pic it didn't look like a bulldog tank.

Bonx0007
03-16-2002, 06:41 PM
They are luxfer tanks with 5 year hydro dates.

Jordan-APL
03-17-2002, 03:24 PM
They look awesome,if i wouldnt have bought a new E-Mag,then i would prolly get one,But maybe in the near future!

Hysperion
03-17-2002, 10:00 PM
make the reg black or blue and I'll get one!....please Tom make me a blue flatline...I'll pay like $100 extra because I'm stupid with my money like that ;)

Krom-One
03-19-2002, 01:28 PM
THIS IS OUR ANSWER TO THE BLACKMAGIC COCKER! GENIUS. Whats the price on this thing?

FooTemps
03-19-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Krom-One
THIS IS OUR ANSWER TO THE BLACKMAGIC COCKER! GENIUS. Whats the price on this thing?

LOL! Only the bm cocker? It's more like best gun in the world. Fast, small, hella light, good looking, lp, ACE, new feed geometry, modular parts... Hell, I think this gun is better than a racegun and an angel comebined at the moment!

I mean, this is probably one of the most inovative guns out there. NO ONE even considered stuff like modular feeds until AGD came up with the idea...

Krom-One
03-19-2002, 09:38 PM
you are correct. This is the best gone ever. I stand corrected.

Dragoon
03-21-2002, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by FooTemps

I mean, this is probably one of the most inovative guns out there. NO ONE even considered stuff like modular feeds until AGD came up with the idea...

I think the Matrix had them out quite some time ago.

Douglas.

FooTemps
03-21-2002, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Dragoon

I think the Matrix had them out quite some time ago.

Douglas.
Nope, those were only modular breeches to use different barrel types...

manike
03-22-2002, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by FooTemps

Nope, those were only modular breeches to use different barrel types...

Yes but even right at the beginning they intended to have it modular so that people could have vert or side feed etc. as well as different barrel types.

manike (the first person EVER shot by an E-matrix)

splat11756
03-24-2002, 08:19 PM
wow

~Backdraft~
03-26-2002, 08:49 PM
Ohh man those look SWEET!!! When I get enough money, THAT will be my next gun! :cool:

I also think that it would be nice to see some milling done to the battery just to give it better looks so it isn't soo boxy...also it could take some weight off of it too.

RT_Luver
03-26-2002, 09:07 PM
OK....WHEN..I have to know....maybe by July?? Please TOM....maybe let me try the proto out and give u some um... thoughts about it? I need to know so i can start saving the money. ALSO..about how much they gunna run??? I've heard about 1500...please say less.

RT_Luver
03-27-2002, 06:44 AM
does any one know since the regular superbolts mainly go with the regular 'Mag....when the Extreem comes out, is AGD gunna put the Extreem superbolts on the onine store?

Manuel_FZR
03-27-2002, 06:37 PM
Tom ... give some informations!
Will the new (c&c) Xtreme be verry easy on brittle paint?
Will it have the "finger in breach" valve?

flo
03-27-2002, 07:07 PM
this gun is gonna rock, i'll have to sell the bushy...

max-mag
03-27-2002, 10:27 PM
I agree with "headcase", just buy yourself a battle swab or one of those things that's meant to clean out your hoppers and pods, no paint can get into the internals because the valve is pressurized, unless you are watching a game and you are just holding your non-gassed gun with you, and a stray paintball hits a one-in-a-million dollar spot on the valve.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 10:50 AM
AGD should water proof the electronics so that even on a rainy day they wont get messed up.

RT_Luver
03-28-2002, 11:26 PM
is AGD goin to come out with Extreme Superbolts? and when are they gunna come out with the warp breech?

ShooterJM
04-03-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Miscue
We need to get Amy to hold that gun, so that way we can really form a good opinion on it.

Pretty funny man, I get what you're saying. Subtle too. Almost fell off my chair laughing when I read it.

LeadBasedPaint
04-03-2002, 09:16 PM
Someone posted saying that the body alone will be available for use with manual guns. Anyone know how much those will cost?

AssassN
04-05-2002, 09:13 PM
This xtreme reminds me of a girls dress with along slit up the side. IT lets u see part of the valve but not all of it. :)

magsRus
04-06-2002, 10:12 PM
sexyyyy

mrkbik
04-14-2002, 03:53 PM
Very nice. wish i could afford it.

maverickTG001
05-06-2002, 09:35 PM
this question has probably been answered, i only read the first page, i just wanna say i love it and wanna ask, how much???

maverickTG001
05-06-2002, 09:43 PM
i was looking at it and said to my self, you know what might make this gun look real nice??? if the design included the same "wing"( i know i sound retarted but that's because i am and wing was the first thing that came to mind )type design were in the front for the barrel but instead of the gap being vertical the gap should be horizontal... ( there i go sounding like a retard again, if no one understands i undestand cuz i'm a retard, it might be good if you just forgot this whole post)

p.s. did i mention i'm retarted???

paintslinger
05-07-2002, 03:07 AM
soooooooooooo how far is this baby from production?

John Sosta, AGD Europe
05-07-2002, 05:42 AM
Guys, The Xtreme body & modules have been completely updated compared to the version that was shipped with the SFL's. This also includes the implementation of the ACE.
We are virtually ready to go with the Body & modules, but we need to finalise, and then implement the new "brittle paint" research that we've been working on, that Tom has been discussing with you.
We are very close now, and based on our results, trust me, it will be well worth the wait.
(Once we are ready & we launch the Xtreme, all SFL's will be upgraded. But we don't want to recall any until our research is finished)

Manuel_FZR
05-07-2002, 10:53 AM
Good work John! Go on and complete the marker, and then release it - it´s better to release a perfect marker later, than a faulty one earlier. I will wait for my c&c Xtreme ;)
also greets to Jackie and the whole staff! ;)

paintslinger
05-07-2002, 05:29 PM
now with the implementation of the new "brittle paint" dew hickies whats the efficiency gonna be like on the new xtremes? with say a 68/300?