PDA

View Full Version : Barrel Sizing, which ones?

HyperSnyper
01-30-2002, 01:26 AM
Hello Guys,

I have decided to convert from DYE over to JT barrels. I was thinking of getting a 688 and 690 since sometimes in my 688 Boomy, the Paint seems a little tight than suppose to.

I asked my shop on their opinions, they told me NOT to get the the 688 and 690 since they are so close in bore size. They told me it would be a waste. They instead told me to either get a 2 combo: 686 and a 690 OR a 3 combo: a 684 688 and 692.

My paint has been majority of the time Marbs and PMI premiums. I know they are 688 bores, but sometimes, they seem hard to push through the 688 boomy, where I have to get a Pen and push it through.

Please dont tell me to "Just get a Freak", I want to try something different from everyone else, and I like the fact that the stainless back is serving an actual purpose as the contact medium (plus I am a Lanche fan). I also am getting a sweet deal here locally if I buy 2 barrels one time. I plan to get the 688 and 690 backs, with 10 and 14 inch tips. Mathematically, 4 barrels! Sweet.

Let me know your opinions fellahs. What you think of the bore size ranges I am picking. Also let me know your comments on the JT barrels.

-Hyper