PDA

View Full Version : plastic nubbin with regular bolt?

hawpunch
01-30-2002, 05:22 AM
hi,

i was on agd's website and they said that i can only use the plastic barrel nubbins with their superbolts. is this true? thanks!

aloha,

jae park

Eric_AGD
01-30-2002, 06:08 AM
You can use the plastic nubbins with any type of bolt.

If you are using a superbolt, use the plastic nubbins
only. If you were using the wire nubbin with a superbolt,
and the nubbin were to break, it would destroy the superbolt.

kenshinkandon
01-30-2002, 12:46 PM
I tried using a plastic nubbin with a regular bolt and the nubbin broke after the first shot. I tried it with two nubbins and the same thing happened any suggestions on what to do?

personman
01-30-2002, 12:48 PM
Get another batch of plastic nubbins. Its possible you got some bad ones. Mine work perfectly with a regular bolt.

cphilip
01-30-2002, 01:30 PM
In fact I highly recommend them for the long nosed SS bolt! You heard it right here.

I think what they ment to say was you should only use the plastic nubbin with the super bolt. Do not use the wire nubbin with the Super Bolt. Maybe you read it wrong?

personman
01-30-2002, 01:38 PM
I read it wrong too. I see alot of misunderstandings happening about the plastic nubbins. I REALLY think AGD should fix that.

cphilip
01-30-2002, 01:45 PM
Fix what? Peoples tendency to miscomprehend what they read? Yea Tom... Fix that!

:rolleyes:

cphilip
01-30-2002, 02:47 PM
Here is how it reads (I cut and pasted them):

What more can we say? Get 'em in packages of 6. MUST BE USED WITH SUPERBOLTS!!

So you could read that to say it "must ONLY be used with Superbolts". (your reading that into it)

Or you could read it as what it intended to say was "you must use them when you are using a Superbolt".

Get it?

Now mind you...it is clearly prefaced with this:

First there were “V” nubbins, then there were “P” nubbins, then we went back to “V” and just got confused. We said the heck with this, let’s make 'em out of plastic so they:

Never break
Don’t fold over.
Won’t scratch your barrel
Can’t jam your bolt
Go easy on your Superbolt
Can’t cut your paint

So you should read the whole thing right?

Maybe even more clear would be: Caution! if using the Superbolt you must use these plastic nubbins or damage to the Suerpbolt may occur.

Now if you did not know you could use them on regular Bolts you clearly have not been spending enough time on AO. I mean we all tested them out on regular bolts as the Superbolt wasn't out when these things came up for testing. So...

But it realy is not that hard to understand, as it is, the way I see it. We shall let Tom decide though. Its his store.

Paintchucker
01-30-2002, 03:03 PM
It said "Works well with any bolt, but these are required for use with the SuperBolt"...

hawpunch
01-30-2002, 03:12 PM
as usual the ao gang is on top of things. thanks a lot for all your guys input. yeah the reading made me think that it could only be used with superbolts. i'm still a newbie and being naive, i've been duped into buying some useless equipment. but ever since i found these boards, haven't been duped yet. i think i will buy a set of the plastic nubbins. has anybody heard when the superbolt will be making its comeback? thanks.

aloha,

jae park