PDA

View Full Version : sear questions

Manuel_FZR
01-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Hello!
What is the difference between a ReTro sear and a sear for the normal AIR Valve?
Will the ReTro valve work with the normal sear of an AIR Valve?
Thanks!

gimp
01-30-2002, 10:01 AM
The sear for the normal AIR valve won't work with a retro valve. If you order a retro valve for your mag, to upgrade from your AIR valve, it should come with the new sear you'll need.

BlackVCG
01-30-2002, 10:59 AM
The normal Mag sear will work with the Retro when it's being used in an Auto or Minimag. The sear in the E-Mags and RT-Pro's will not work in regular Mags. The Retro Valve will come with a new sear, but it will be the same as the sear in your gun right now.

Manuel_FZR
01-30-2002, 01:58 PM
Thanks BlackVCG!
I was shure that this works, but I wanted to know it exactly! (they both look the same) Only the sear for a normal RT (not the ReTro and not the Pro) is different.

BlackVCG
01-30-2002, 06:49 PM
The RT-Pro and the RT sears are the same, only the RT sear has a roller bearing and the RTP sear has a brass bushing.

Either way, they both have an I.D. too small for the Mag sear axle pin to fit through. The E-Mag sear has the brass bushing like the RTP sear, but it is only used in the E-Mag because it has the arm on it for the solenoid plunger.