PDA

View Full Version : luke vertfeed mod question

rifleman wi
03-27-2009, 03:35 PM
looking to get a minimag body converted to VF by luke. does it being off center effect the balance on the gun to that side enough to bother you enough, or is it barely noticeable. i know tippmanns are like this, my old 98 was fine. thanks in advance.

Smoothice
03-27-2009, 03:39 PM
i would say yes but less then your minimag body currently is.

xero28
03-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Well, I guess it would be just as if you've got an elbow on there, it's probably closer to the gun's center than the elbow too. I don't think it would be anything noticeable.

georgeyew
03-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I didn't notice the off balance when I had a feed right Minimag. And most of the time, players shoot their markers tilted instead of straight vertical so it shouldn't make a difference.

Don Carnage
03-28-2009, 12:07 PM
I have one and the balance is unnoticible even without the stock.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/Vladruk/Homeless%20Pics/MiniMag.jpg

:::EDIT: I'm an idiot:::

rifleman wi
03-28-2009, 01:01 PM
thats a pretty sweet setup, anyone else have this bending problem with theirs?

luke
03-28-2009, 01:30 PM

However, I will say that the body does have a tiny bend or deviation in it now. I can not see it with the naked eye, but it bends enough that most twistlock barrels and my Doc's Cocker-thread adapter will not fit anymore. My Noxx55 thead-adapter still fits though, but that is the only barrel or adapter I can get in there without use of a rubber mallet.

It's not a "bend" it's where the weld has been sanded after welding.

When I do these the inside of the body has to be "cleaned up" do to the stainless steel characteristics.
Even purging the inside of the body during welding with gas will not eliminate the carbon buildup.
I check the inside of the body with a STOCK AGD barrel. If your aftermarket barrel dosen't work a little sanding may be necessary.
Or the inside of the body may need sanded a little more. But, I'm not sure how the powdercoating will hold up because it will get hot.

Measure your barrels with a set of calipers and see how many different measurements you come up with. (??)

One other thing to check, remove the orings on the barrel and slide into the body and see how it fits. It may be as simple as using a diffrent size o-ring. ;)

Drop the hammer and back away slowly!!! If you guys don't mention these things I can't help you out. ;)

Don Carnage
03-28-2009, 02:17 PM
:::EDIT: I'm an idiot:::

No biggie. I'm still sending you another minimag bod to do once I get the spare cash. The one I used the first time was a right feed (vert feed now on left side) and I'll be sending in a left feed (vert feed will be on right).

That's of course all dependant on if/when Rogue gets that ULE minimag he's been teasing us with ready for production. :D

luke
03-28-2009, 02:55 PM
It's a bend. The barrel has trouble making it to the feed hole. I tried an o-ringless barrel and it still got stuck. Feed hole weld is smooth. I'll need calipers to check it because I still cant see it when visually examining it.

No biggie. I'm still sending you another minimag bod to do once I get the spare cash. The one I used the first time was a right feed (vert feed now on left side) and I'll be sending in a left feed (vert feed will be on right).

That's of course all dependant on if/when Rogue gets that ULE minimag he's been teasing us with ready for production. :D

IS NOT A BEND. And quite frankly I take offence to the comment, because you don’t know what the problem is, I do.

It's a carbon build up on the inside of the body from the weld. Look inside and you will see where I've done the cleanup. If anything it needs a little more work for your aftermarket barrel. What you think is a dent is a combination of the sanding on the exterior and the build up from the welding on the inside, it is not dented.

rifleman wi
03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
hmm.. well i didnt want this to turn into what it has.. but Luke, you will definatly have some work to do when i return from Iraq on my Scenario Mag. :shooting:

rifleman wi
03-28-2009, 11:40 PM

However, I will say that the body does have a tiny bend or deviation in it now. I can not see it with the naked eye, but it bends enough that most twistlock barrels and my Doc's Cocker-thread adapter will not fit anymore. My Noxx55 thead-adapter still fits though, but that is the only barrel or adapter I can get in there without use of a rubber mallet.
could you take a few more pix of it, like one of looking straight down the barrel from behind it, i wanna see how much it offsets it to see if what i have planned for it will work. thanks in advance man. :cheers:

Don Carnage
03-29-2009, 12:17 AM
Sure thing. The clamping neck is a Redz one I snagged off Ebay. I also sent it in to Luke with the body so he could properly tape off where the powdercoat needed to stop.
A few people have asked if the neck get in the way of my line of sight, but since I naturally lean my gun to the left a bit, it ends up being much further out of the way than a centerfeed is when I shoot. However, with the stock on the current setup, I can't lean it as much.

http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff206/Vladruk/Homeless%20Pics/MiniMagTop.jpg

rifleman wi
03-29-2009, 12:50 AM
thanks man, i dont think im goona beable to do what i wanted with the top of the marker inless i go with a warp setup, which i dont want to do.. i was going to put a picataniy rail along the top of the body.. maby i can offset it alittle. thanks again man :D