PDA

View Full Version : I need some trigger help please

LqdTECH
01-30-2002, 08:26 AM
I run an Automag with a black plastic 45 grip and single trigger.... I cut a hole behind the pendulum and put a spring there to cause it to spring back faster also I put a small spring on the end of the metal rod that sits behind the triger for a little extra push..

My problem:

When I pull the trigger I feel ALOT of resistance on it I was wondering if this was due to the pin on the vaulve pushing back agenst the triangle part of the trigger pendulum?

What things can I do to make my trigger go smooth and soft without causing it to short stroke? GEt a new guard and trigger?

Army
01-30-2002, 09:11 AM
Well, you just piled on resistence with the two springs. Take them off, the trigger returns with plenty of speed.

Drizit
01-30-2002, 09:22 AM
first off, loose the springs, thay won't realy help much and they will make it harder to pull. if you want a faster return you can grind a VERRY VERRY small amount off your on/off pin, or you can weight for it to brake in on it's own.
for a easyer pull grab a double trigger frame (intelli frame is a good choice) if you still feel you need a faster return then your best bet is to do what i did, get a ring trigger and go nuts on it.

LqdTECH
01-30-2002, 09:49 AM
What is a Ring trigger?

Drizit
01-30-2002, 11:43 AM
it's like a double trigger but the bottem part has a ring you can put your finger in. once you get used to it, it lets your finger pull the trigger back out, helps with short stroking too.

have a look at the "J&K Performance Model 98 Ring Triggers" at http://www.tippmann.com/proshop/items.asp?catID=13

it's for a tippmann but it will give you an idea of what i'm talking about.

i don't know of anyone who makes them for a mag so you may have to get it custom machined but it's worth it trust me.