PDA

View Full Version : A small leak in an emag valve with level 10?

pk5
03-30-2009, 02:26 AM
Hi everyone

I have an emag valve with level 10, basically recently it start to developed a small leak out of the front of the bolt. Increasing the velocity does not help, when i over crank the velocity it start to leak out the back of the valve.

I have try using the smallest carrier possible (no dot, no ring) but it is still having a small leak out of the front of the bolt. It is not a very loud leak, but you can still hear it.

Is it time to try a new combination of oring and carrier?

Thanks

crazyjoe12
03-30-2009, 01:13 PM
try changing the o-rings on the carrier.

flyingpootang
03-30-2009, 03:04 PM
Hi everyone

I have an emag valve with level 10, basically recently it start to developed a small leak out of the front of the bolt. Increasing the velocity does not help, when i over crank the velocity it start to leak out the back of the valve.

I have try using the smallest carrier possible (no dot, no ring) but it is still having a small leak out of the front of the bolt. It is not a very loud leak, but you can still hear it.

Is it time to try a new combination of oring and carrier?

Thanks

If it's a new o-ring 0-2000 rounds it will break in. All you have to do is move to the next smallest carrier....

stoffa15
03-31-2009, 02:30 PM
If it's a new o-ring 0-2000 rounds it will break in. All you have to do is move to the next smallest carrier....

best answer ^^^^^^^^ you Oring just broke in come down in carrier sz then your good to go

athomas
03-31-2009, 04:18 PM
Make sure you don't have too many shims installed. Remove the powertube shims.

pk5
03-31-2009, 04:23 PM
best answer ^^^^^^^^ you Oring just broke in come down in carrier sz then your good to go

Thanks, but

i don't have any shim on the valve, and i am already at the smallest carrier already - the one without dot or ring.

I'll try it with a new oring and carrier combination to see if that will work i guess..

athomas
03-31-2009, 08:33 PM
Yeah, if it leaks at the smallest carrier and no shims, then you could have a bad oring. It would be that or your sear is worn. How old is the emag?

pk5
04-02-2009, 03:28 PM
Yeah, if it leaks at the smallest carrier and no shims, then you could have a bad oring. It would be that or your sear is worn. How old is the emag?

I am not sure, the sear is pretty new, it wasn't leaking before, but i have the powder coating remove from the back of the emag valve, so now i have a tiny leak. Could this be a tolerance issue?

secretweaponevan
04-02-2009, 05:28 PM
I am not sure, the sear is pretty new, it wasn't leaking before, but i have the powder coating remove from the back of the emag valve, so now i have a tiny leak. Could this be a tolerance issue?

Still have your pesky rail bushing?

athomas
04-02-2009, 06:28 PM
I am not sure, the sear is pretty new, it wasn't leaking before, but i have the powder coating remove from the back of the emag valve, so now i have a tiny leak. Could this be a tolerance issue?A new setup should mean the sear is fine. Powder coating could cause a tolerance issue. There should be no extra thickness at any contact points where the valve or body sits on the rail or where the valve sits in the body.

pk5
04-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Oo there isn't any powder coating, it was just bead blast it turn out pretty decent, as comparing to the puke yellow that was on there.

Weird thing though:

I took out the old carrier oring, and use the same carrier + new oring = leak out of the bolt like crazy.

Put back in old - oring with the same carrier, adjust the velocity, fire a shot, now it stop leaking completely.

secretweaponevan
04-02-2009, 11:30 PM
Oo there isn't any powder coating, it was just bead blast it turn out pretty decent, as comparing to the puke yellow that was on there.

Weird thing though:

I took out the old carrier oring, and use the same carrier + new oring = leak out of the bolt like crazy.

Put back in old - oring with the same carrier, adjust the velocity, fire a shot, now it stop leaking completely.

New carrier o-rings will leak until you break them in.

deathbypaint1213
04-02-2009, 11:37 PM
If you are running your lvl 10 with the smallest carrier and it still leaks- swap out the oring with a new one. The oring should have a moderate seal - not too tight and not too loose. Try to dry fire the the gun without any shims. If the bolt does not reset after bouncing off a squeegee, add shims.

athomas
04-03-2009, 03:40 PM
It is possible that you have a faulty oring. If the old one works, keep using it. It is possible that a piece of dirt was causing your problem. It may have been removed with the new oring.