PDA

View Full Version : Tank output and pneumag

ezcreation
04-02-2009, 10:19 AM
Aloha

Just wondering: is it worth to increase the tank output pressure with a pneumag system?

Since there is no RT is there advantages or drawbacks?

snoopay700
04-02-2009, 10:39 AM
Aloha

Just wondering: is it worth to increase the tank output pressure with a pneumag system?

Since there is no RT is there advantages or drawbacks?
I can't think of any advantages or drawbacks, it just doesn't seem necessary. Since the lpr is usually set at about 80 psi or so i think a higher pressure won't yield a higher rate of fire, and with 800 psi input the valve can still recharge 43 times per second so you won't get shoot down.

EDIT: Also this should probably go in the tech forum.

xero28
04-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Nah, my experience at least was that it wasn't necessary. I ran my Pneumag on a standard Micro Max-Flo with around 800 PSI output. I didn't find any problems with it. I suppose if you are really fast (over 18-20 bps) and the LPR is turned WAY up (over 100 PSI, which it really shouldn't have to be), you may start to starve your Mag, but most people won't be firing that fast anyway and the LPR shouldn't have to be more that around 50-70 PSI.

-X

snoopay700
04-02-2009, 10:47 AM
Nah, my experience at least was that it wasn't necessary. I ran my Pneumag on a standard Micro Max-Flo with around 800 PSI output. I didn't find any problems with it. I suppose if you are really fast (over 18-20 bps) and the LPR is turned WAY up (over 100 PSI, which it really shouldn't have to be), you may start to starve your Mag, but most people won't be firing that fast anyway and the LPR shouldn't have to be more that around 50-70 PSI.

-X
Even if you were firing that fast you'd be hard pressed to find the valve starved me thinks, unless you were running well over 100 psi (i.e. 150-300 psi) of input, but at that point you would have either had your MSV-2 venting like crazy or you would have blown the o-rings. So basically the only reason to turn up the pressure is to make the trigger return with more force in a mech gun so you can bounce it.

EDIT: sorry i misstyped, i should have said even if it were possible to fire that fast.

Spider-TW
04-02-2009, 04:26 PM
If you were going to use a ULT in your pneumag, the extra RT effect helps kick the pin out. Other than that, I can't think of something practical.

You can sometimes sweetspot the lpr to make your pneu a full auto RT trigger just for kicks.