PDA

View Full Version : turn velocity screw down after games?

Madcat_MK2
04-02-2009, 10:17 PM
Hey all,

I have a ULE Custom and was wondering if I should be turning the velocity down after every game? I ask as after having the velocity set all winter long unused, I played a game early march and had to turn the velocity up very slightly to get to 270. But the next game 2 weeks later my velocity was 250 and I had to turn it quite a bit and even then it was at 265ish (didnt fee like turning it up anymore). Now the rest of the guys on my team said they were actually chronoing hot this day, so I wondered if having it still set last game was weaking the spring pack some as they shot hot while I was actually under more. Am I over analyzing this or should I be turning the velocity down after every game? Mind you I bought this new from AGD last february so its not old at all.

Also I was wondering, anyone else having awesome results with the silver spring? I remember reading that using it could cause bolt stick, but I actually fixed my bolt stick with the red spring by switching the the solver one. Anyone else get this or is it just dumb luck? Thanks!

chill will
04-03-2009, 01:34 AM
I think you spikes in velocity are due to your paint. It could be your paint to barrel match. Do you use the same type of paint every time you play or do you switch between brands? Also, its getting warm outside maybe that is causing paint swell depending on where you store your paint(sun or shade). I am in the south so when summer gets here paint must be treated with care.

secretweaponevan
04-03-2009, 07:01 AM
Don't worry about turning down the velocity. There are tons of mags that sit in closets for years and come out only needing 2 drops of autolube in the ASA.

Make sure you are chronoing using the RT chronoing technique.

As said, it is most likely paint to barrel match.

athomas
04-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah, I agree with everyone here. Its most likely the changes in paint that are causing the velocity differences.

Madcat_MK2
04-04-2009, 01:49 AM
Well I was using the same paint. But if you guys say dont worry about turning it down then, I worry no more! lol