PDA

View Full Version : Bolt no resetty

sffudapparel
04-03-2009, 02:08 PM
x valve w/lvl10 (red spring, carrier #1) and ult

When i fire, the bolt stops just shy of resetting the sear/trigger pin. just a hair. I'm only dry firing right now, but every shot or so i need to push the bolt back to re-engage the sear.

Potential fixes? Usually I could figure this stuff out, but I've gone through enough air at the moment and I'm getting a little frustrated.

Thanks
Ty

Spider-TW
04-03-2009, 02:28 PM
New bolt spring?

rawbutter
04-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Sounds to me like you may need an extra shim.

Go here and read what it says near the bottom about shim adjustments.
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

Or it could need the next larger carrier. I just had to change mine to the next larger size. The only reason I could come up with for my issue is the change in season. Maybe the warmer weather is making the o-ring a tad bigger, so it needs a bigger carrier. :confused:

athomas
04-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Sounds to me like you may need an extra shim.
No, shims only help if it doesn't fully cycle and doesn't reset. If it fires and sticks, then shims won't help.

The problem is probably bolt stick due to a carrier that is too tight or possibly a ULT tuning issue. I'd try tuning the level 10 first. Remove all shims from the level 10 when tuning. Use the largest carrier that doesn't leak. If it still sticks, then tune your ULT.

sffudapparel
04-03-2009, 05:01 PM
thanks guys, I ended up blowing out one of my detents today trying to tune it :mad: So i backed the other one out a little bit. Also went from carrier 1, to a new carrier o-ring and carrier 2. My current o-ring was leaking on 1.5, so I decided to pull one from my parts kit for SSP, oil it really good, and start breaking it in a bit. Seemed to help (shot about 50 balls trouble free)

Thanks!

Madcat_MK2
04-04-2009, 02:00 AM
Another quick sizing if you dont know is dry off the oring and bolt stem and size the oring on the end of the stem with NO oil. After I did that I got much better results as I used oil for sizing first time and that gives faulty size results. Also, give the silver spring a whirl. I had same prob on red spring and figured silver would help reset as oring was fine and its been running awesome ever since.