PDA

View Full Version : Hoppers for pneu

m0l0t0v
04-08-2009, 04:46 PM
Hello,

I have my pneu frame on my way thanks to someone here at AO who sold it to me. =] Anyways, my old hopper just broke down, and I feel I should just buy a new one instead of changing the shell, but I'm lost with all these options. I want a good hopper, doesn't have to be cheap, but I won't pay 150 for the top notch ones. Any recommendations? I'm looking for something around the 50-100 range. Is it worth it buying used? Or is this something I should buy brand new?

Thanks.

Mongoose
04-08-2009, 04:54 PM
i use a vlocity and vlocity jr and they both work great for me....plus they are very light.
You also cant go wrong with a halo

xero28
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
Yeah, you can find a nice used force fed for 40-60 bucks. I got a used Halo V35 w/ rip drive, 12V mod, speed feed, and anti-jam for $45 over on PBN. Just keep an eye out and you'll be able to find a good deal.

mechman
04-08-2009, 05:01 PM
halo or reloader b no reason you'd need anything faster and you can pick them up on the cheap

Spider-TW
04-08-2009, 06:15 PM
The halo can push a little hard if you have a ULE body. I haven't had a problem on power feed bodies and nubbins, but small paint in a halo on a ULE has been a pita with both kilas and stock detents. Of course, small paint is just difficult for detents anyway.

trippleRipple
04-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I have been using a velocity jr for a little while now and the only complaint is battery life. The thing really eats up batteries. Otherwise its a really nice hopper. I have not had one jam in it nor has it damaged any balls.

I got tired of dealing with the battery issue and since most often I play in semi mode I really dont need a hopper that can push over 10 bps so I recently picked up an invert ball agitating style hopper. Cheap and impressive. Sound activated so its not chewing up batteries constantly. Has a magnetic lid so its a breeze to open and close while playing. Also will take a virtue crown without any adapter. Holds 240 balls. Not bad for 45$. Only have played one game with it but I am impressed so far.

If you are not going over 10-11 bps you might want to consider one of these jobies. If you need 20 bps the jr is a nice hopper and it wont break the bank.

Mongoose
04-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I have been using a velocity jr for a little while now and the only complaint is battery life. The thing really eats up batteries. Otherwise its a really nice hopper. I have not had one jam in it nor has it damaged any balls.

I got tired of dealing with the battery issue and since most often I play in semi mode I really dont need a hopper that can push over 10 bps so I recently picked up an invert ball agitating style hopper. Cheap and impressive. Sound activated so its not chewing up batteries constantly. Has a magnetic lid so its a breeze to open and close while playing. Also will take a virtue crown without any adapter. Holds 240 balls. Not bad for 45$. Only have played one game with it but I am impressed so far.

If you are not going over 10-11 bps you might want to consider one of these jobies. If you need 20 bps the jr is a nice hopper and it wont break the bank.

I started using the bone pack for my vlocity and i gotta say its well worth it.

m0l0t0v
04-09-2009, 10:59 AM
Nice, thanks for the quick responses. When I get my frame on the mail, I'll go to the local field and make some people lend me their hoppers to see whats up. I really like the VLocity and the Halos, will probably get one of those. =}

BigEvil
04-09-2009, 11:03 AM
The Vlocity is noticeably lighter, but harder on batteries. The halo is probably faster and has a lower profile.

The shells on both suck compared to the new generation of loaders hitting the market now. I swear I think I have replaced my halo shells 12 times already.

m0l0t0v
04-09-2009, 11:17 AM
Interesting, yeah, I've seen a lot of people buying shells and trading them at PBN. What other hoppers would you recommend?

gunangel
04-10-2009, 02:29 AM
halo's are nice and affordable, just replace the shell with a cranium or suicide as that will make your life a lot easier. but while very unnecessary i have to say shooting with a rotor on is just amazing. i can run my rt valve on full bounce without worrying about chopping :shooting:

StygShore
04-10-2009, 09:46 AM
FYI there is a new shell coming out for the HALO that is made out of a material similar to the original revolution loaders back before BE bought Viewloader.

Supposdly the woes of cracking HALO shells should be coming to an end once those shells are made available to the public ( from Kee )

Styg

manike
04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Styg, those shells have been available for months. They are called "Superlight" shells.

BAZOOKA_Boy
04-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I say reloader B all the way! I hate my halo, jams every 100 shots, sometimes more often...sound activation is nicer than eyes anyway. no more worrying about clean eyes in your hopper when you decide to outshout your hopper!

secretweaponevan
04-10-2009, 07:11 PM
I say reloader B all the way! I hate my halo, jams every 100 shots, sometimes more often...sound activation is nicer than eyes anyway. no more worrying about clean eyes in your hopper when you decide to outshout your hopper!

Yep. It is better to advance on each shot instead of waiting for a problem to fix (i.e. eyes not reading paint).

m0l0t0v
04-14-2009, 03:03 PM
Nice, just bought a: LNIB Hybrid Suicide Shell Reloader B, upgraded Shocktech cone and rip drive for 60 bucks =]