PDA

View Full Version : Lvl 10 vs. Force-fed Hopper?

Lancer X
04-08-2009, 04:59 PM
My team is playing in the Skills Div of the UWL this summer, so I need an all-mech gun to qualify for the Ranger position. So, I just purchased my first Mag (a Minimag w/ lvl 7 bolt)! Brace yourself: newbie questions incoming!

I can't put a X-Valve or any RT features into this gun, as those are also a no-no for Class B guns. However, I still want to get it tuned up and shooting as perfect as possible.

Questions:

1) I'm wondering if upgrading to a Lvl 10 bolt would be unnecessary/redundant if I plan to run a nice force-fed hopper on the gun? (I have a VLocity.)

2) I can't use an X-Valve for this tourney, but might want to use it off-season. Could I plan ahead and buy an X-Valve, and use the Lvl 10 bolt parts from it to upgrade the old Minimag valve???

3) Are there other parts besides the X-Valve that are necessary to upgrade a stock Mag to RT operation? (I don't want it to "rapid-fire" or anything - just the normal RT function like a stock Tac One.)

Thanks in advance!

xero28
04-08-2009, 05:06 PM
I run a level 10 even with my Halo. More for just another level of security I guess. I suppose if you're hopper is really feeding 25 bps and you're only shooting 10 bps you should be fine. Technically you could run an X-Valve with a ULT installed as the ULT eliminates the RT effect in the valve. It gives it a VERY light trigger pull, and most people can walk it, so I don't know if that is an issue with the rules. Most X-valves will come with the Level 10 already, so buying a Level 10 by itself may not what you want since you'll probably get another one with the X-Valve.

georgeyew
04-08-2009, 05:10 PM
You should be able to use an XValve for the tournament as long as it does not RT. You can make sure that does not happen by using a tank that puts out 750-800 psi. Anything higher you may get some RT.

For the time being, the Velocity should suffice without the Level 10. But the Level 10 is always nice just in case.

Lancer X
04-08-2009, 05:13 PM
Per Tom Cole's post in the UWL Rules forum:

"ReTro Valve", "X-Valve", "X-Mag" Valve, "E-Mag" Valve, "E-Maxx" Valve, "E" Valve, "E-Micro 2000" Valve will be considered a assisted trigger by the UWL and will be a Class C marker.

So, looks like no X-Valves at all for the Ranger players.

Engus
04-08-2009, 05:18 PM
Per Tom Cole's post in the UWL Rules forum:

I would think there should be an exception to that rule for ULT and pneumags.

maniacmechanic
04-08-2009, 05:54 PM
there were a lot of AO'rs chiming in over at the UWL forums , I can't believe they let this broad of a ruling get by

GO with a Level X , I don't care what kind of hopper you run , if you don't you WILL chop a ball at the most inopportune time

If you have the cash , buy the X valve , if not just the Level X

At this point your biggest problem was you bought a Mag , :rolleyes: PLEASE , PLEASE , don't let anybody let you shoot an E Mag or Pnu Mag :D

Lancer X
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
If you have the cash , buy the X valve , if not just the Level X

So, does this mean that I *can* yank the lvl 10 parts out of an X-valve and put them in my Minimag valve?

PLEASE , PLEASE , don't let anybody let you shoot an E Mag or Pnu Mag

Nope, no plans to pneu it or anything. :)

MeŠiCX
04-09-2009, 09:43 AM

That's gay! An X-Valve with ULT and input pressure of 800-850 would not give you an RT effect if setup correctly therefore it is not "an assisted trigger" by any means!

xero28
04-09-2009, 10:07 AM
So, does this mean that I *can* yank the lvl 10 parts out of an X-valve and put them in my Minimag valve?

Absolutely.

rawbutter
04-09-2009, 10:09 AM
An X-Valve with ULT and input pressure of 800-850 would not give you an RT effect if setup correctly

That's probably why the refs don't want to allow X-valves. A ULT can give an RT effect under the right conditions, and they probably don't want to have to individually test every X-vavle they see. It's a lot easier to just outlaw every X-valve.

Lancer X
04-09-2009, 10:18 AM
That's probably why the refs don't want to allow X-valves. A ULT can give an RT effect under the right conditions, and they probably don't want to have to individually test every X-vavle they see. It's a lot easier to just outlaw every X-valve.

Yes - that's exactly why. They're worried about policing internal components. Same reason they have disallowed electros whole-hog for the "Class B" weapons group.

In reality, an unmodified SP-1 or whatever would be fairly in spirit with the Skills Division. Throw a Blackheart board in it though, and it can shoot pretty fast, eyes or no.