PDA

View Full Version : AGD Jersey Logos

Scooter/Cootie
01-30-2002, 02:21 PM
Hi everyone!

I'm toying around with several different AGD logo's that will be iron on's and placed on the front of jerseys, like the 'WDP' or 'Diablo' stickers you see on the Pro's jerseys.

Granted these are rough ideas but any feedback you can give me would be great. Vote for the one you like most.

Also, if you know of a manufacturer for the stickers, let me know. I'm also trying to get quotes. Thanks!

MikeCouves
01-30-2002, 02:43 PM
Best bet is to make it look futuristic and cool. That is what attracts people's attention when buying a jersey. So I would defiantely go with "Husky Stash".

Cliffio
01-30-2002, 03:02 PM
i like the wide glide
just looks good to me

shartley
01-30-2002, 03:10 PM
GREAT IDEA... Let's change the AGD logo.. :rolleyes:

I thought it was customary to use the font the company actually uses? I mean it is cool and all, but doesn't that go along with branding and company identity? Unless it is an integrated part of the overall design (and correct me if I am wrong, but didn’t he say it was an iron on patch?) such as mixing in with swooshes, waves, flames, etc.. the font should be what is used with current marketing materials. The other companies just happen to use a better font.. LOL Lucky for them. :D

Well, that is just my .02… do what you want. :)

synreal
01-30-2002, 03:13 PM
sweet jeebus im afraid...i agree with shartley

first time for everything i guess ;)

shartley
01-30-2002, 03:19 PM
synreal
shhhhh, you know you can say I agreed with YOU but I typed it faster than you did. :D

;)

Scooter/Cootie
01-30-2002, 03:42 PM
Your absolutely correct Shartley and I agree.

To answer your question, I asked Tom about it and sent him the very same pics that I posted above. He said that he hasnt had much time to look into the marketing side and asked me to post it here on AO to see what you guys think.

Your votes are going straight to Tom and he's going to have the final say on the logo. Thats a good question though.

But hey, if you guys think the company font is the way to go, just post it. I want any and all feedback that you have.

So rest easy Synreal, there's nothing to be afraid of! :D

zvanut
01-30-2002, 03:53 PM
the wide glide one, looks the best IMHO

PsychoMag
01-30-2002, 05:15 PM
i need to agree with shartley.

AGD has a logo and typeface that is recognized everywhere

RT 01037
01-30-2002, 06:13 PM
i also agree with shartley.

udtseal
01-30-2002, 08:02 PM
I agree with Shartly, stick with the company font. Otherwise, I voted for Wide Glide.

Aliens-8-MyDad
01-30-2002, 08:47 PM
Sho Roman i thought this one said Acid for a second and i was like, isnt it saposed to say agd?

Manuel_FZR
01-31-2002, 05:43 PM
Take the original one ... :rolleyes:

Predater
01-31-2002, 08:23 PM
i realize it isnt in the choices but i would love a jursy with the lions logo on it. am i the only one that would wear this?

Hasty8
01-31-2002, 10:37 PM
What can I say? I'm from Queens, NY so I gotta go wit' da Brooklyn Kid.

(And any youse wiseguys in here calls it "Crooklyn and we're gonna have words, capise?)":p

X-Plosive
02-02-2002, 01:22 AM
ughhghhh 1980's Airgun Design Logo and font........ Let's get as far away from it as possible. Every company updates there font, or atleast should. Look at nike. They went from "NIKE+(swoosh logo)" to "nike" or just the "(swoosh logo)" by itself. Actaully the old AGD logo with the dual facing lions is nice except for the color scheme and the fact that it looks sketched. Maybe an AGD lion logo outline would be nicer than coloring it all in. Or sticking to two basic colors. Semi-similar to the logo on the z-grip. As for the font, the wide glide looks nice if it were just a little less wide.

http://www.kmoser.com/slideshow/ss_nike.gif

http://www.nacwaa.org/Nike%20Logo.gif

http://www.creativewatch.co.uk/nike-logo-106x39.gif

shartley
02-02-2002, 06:26 AM
X-Plosive

Every company updates there font, or atleast should. Look at nike. They went from "NIKE+(swoosh logo)" to "nike" or just the "(swoosh logo)" by itself.Interesting, and actually somewhat true, but not in all cases. There are some companies that need to keep up with the times and trends that go with them. However, Nike did not have some 3rd Party T-Shirt Manufacturer (this is not cut against those making the Jersies, just pointing out an example) go crazy or be creative with their Branding…. and the font used is PART of that branding.

Also even with the example you provided, there was a STEP process. You leave one part of the branding the same, and make minor changes to other parts. Then when that has successfully taken, you can change another part. In this manner, you can actually (over time) end up with a totally new look and design and the public will accept it as if it was always that way. There are many companies out there that have done that exact same thing. That is unless you want a BOLD facelift… which has been done by companies as well. This may, or may not be a good thing for AGD to look into. But that is their decision.

So…if a company wants to update their look, Logo, or Fonts, it should be made at the company level. And then all other levels follow…. NOT the other way around. 3rd Party Manufacturers or Designers should not dictate the direction, feel, or look of a companies branding… no matter how bad the current materials are. If the company wants them updated, they need to do so on a company level and dictate the changes down the line. And this project is not a company level production, it is 3rd party.

I think THAT is what is being lost here. This is NOT a “What do you think AGD should change their Font to?” thread, started by, and maintained by AGD. It is a “I am making a Jersey, and what font do you all think I should use for AGD?”. In this case, the only proper thing to do (as was actually agreed upon, so why the thread has continued is confusing to me) is to use the current fonts used by the Company Branding materials (or something VERY close to it).

Again.. people can do and think what they want, no problem. But the Thread Author already stated....
Your absolutely correct Shartley and I agree. So why is this thread still alive? LOL You are either going to do the right thing, or NOT do the right thing. ;)

X-Plosive
02-02-2002, 01:02 PM
Shartley, I loathe you.

shartley
02-02-2002, 01:40 PM
X-Plosive
Ouch! ;)

Hey, when I read that, it brought to mind some movie that they did a "Wild Thing" spoof and sang it "I think I loathe you."....... what was that movie!?!?! It is driving me crazy. I can see it and hear it, but can't think of the name! :mad: :mad: :D

Rahman
02-04-2002, 10:38 PM
Hey I would like to see a more modernised AGD logo but I don't think AGD will be hiring an advertising multinational from Madison Ave ,to man this project the way Nike did remember AGD sells paintball markers(the very best if you ask me) for paintball players not fashion oriented sporting gear for the whole planet.So I say let Scoot do his thing cause he's put some time into this and more importantly he has Tom's permission to do so.....Anyways my picks are Sho Roman & Brooklyn kiiiiiiiiid...:D