PDA

View Full Version : benchmark frame Vs stock frame

big poppa fluff
04-09-2009, 11:18 AM
This may be a old question but,
I always wondered why a stock mag frame has a shorter and crisper pull than a benchmark frame for a mag?

Can you shorten the pull on a benchmark frame?

lend me your thoughs on the matter.

Sumthinwicked
04-09-2009, 03:07 PM
dude just rol the sear pin ;) the lighter trig of the stock is plastic and the benchy is metal differant weight differant placement makes for a diff feel i hate reg mag frames i always use a benchy

big poppa fluff
04-09-2009, 07:00 PM
dude just rol the sear pin ;) the lighter trig of the stock is plastic and the benchy is metal differant weight differant placement makes for a diff feel i hate reg mag frames i always use a benchy

OK, so if I shorten trigger sear pin the pull on the bench mark frame will shorten, and it won't screw up the works of the gun

secretweaponevan
04-09-2009, 07:08 PM
OK, so if I shorten trigger sear pin the pull on the bench mark frame will shorten, and it won't screw up the works of the gun

No. Don't mess with the trigger rod. It can cause problems.

Benchmark frames use a different geometry which makes for a longer, softer pull.

Sumthinwicked
04-09-2009, 07:13 PM
wtf u smokin bud???? LOL i have owned around 70 mags i think i actually increase the rod length so it has a shorter travel to fire and i have never had any issues

big poppa fluff
04-09-2009, 11:42 PM
wtf u smokin bud???? LOL i have owned around 70 mags i think i actually increase the rod length so it has a shorter travel to fire and i have never had any issues
ok so I lengthen the rod (unscrew) to shorten the pull.
any other advice you can give me to improve the shortness and lightining of the pull.

chill will
04-10-2009, 01:54 AM
If you have a classic valve put a RT on/off in her, its like taking the blue pill with nothing but time and a lady friend to spend it with. :ninja:

secretweaponevan
04-10-2009, 06:51 AM

It can lead to bolt wear, especially in RT's. The sear is on a hinge. No matter how long/short the trigger rod is, it still has to go forward and back. To cut into its distance is not recommended, especially for people new to mags (bolt wear, chuffing, etc.).

Can you do it? Sure.
"You can drive with your feet too, but it doesn't make it a good idea". (/chris_rock)

Watcher
04-10-2009, 02:20 PM
As far as I remember, the trigger rod should be about a mm from the back of the trigger on whatever frame you use.

That should give you the shortest pull without compromising wear or reliability.

The benchy I have on my RT Classic is... interesting.

The play in the trigger is rediculous, maybe about 1/5th of the trigger pull actually operates the marker.

It does make the pull very light, but it eliminated almost all of the RT effect in the valve.

I don't like it at all compared to my Pro's Intelliframe. I'd rather one of those or a stock single trigger.

But to each his own.

Dend78
04-10-2009, 02:33 PM
pneu it :ninja:

big poppa fluff
04-10-2009, 03:03 PM
pneu it :ninja:
I dont have the skill, tools, or time to do that i would rather buy a G-force frame

Dend78
04-10-2009, 03:18 PM
I dont have the skill, tools, or time to do that i would rather buy a G-force frame

if you buy a g-force frame you better have time :spit_take :rofl:

snoopay700
04-10-2009, 04:02 PM
The benchy puts the pivot point further behind the trigger than the stock trigger, meaning it has to move further to make the back of the trigger go the same distance which basically spread the force applied over a longer distance. You do the same amount of work but due to leverage pretty much you use less force, so it lengthens the stock pull while making it easier to pull. I don't like benchys, i used my friend's and it was, bleh. Listen to watcher about the sear rod length though, man knows what he's talking about.

chill will
04-10-2009, 05:08 PM
If you have a classic valve put a RT on/off in her, its like taking the blue pill with nothing but time and a lady friend to spend it with. :ninja:

This does work and will allow a classic valve to shoot faster, smoother, and lessen the lbs. nneded to fire your marker. If your sear rod is not set right it will cause your mag to chuff in rapid fire. Easy way to set your sear:

1 Gas up your marker.
2 your sear rod should be almost, but not, touching the back of your trigger.

big poppa fluff
04-10-2009, 05:28 PM
thanks for all the help guys i have some work to do now I'll keep this thread open for awhile and tell you how it comes out

Sumthinwicked
04-10-2009, 06:09 PM
the mm distance is correct but u should adjust with any frame (hense it being adjustable) if the dynamics are not the status quo u will get bolt wear now mind u i have never had bolt chew unless i was using a hyperframe and using the snot outta it but besides that like i said i swear by them and it was an ans bolt LOL stick with agd parts when it comes to the whole valve the after market parts ie back reg halves, bolts, and on offs that arent agd arent very good in my eyes but frames, rails, and bodies minus the:"it" bodies should all be good and even the it body i owned i had no issues with

MANN
04-10-2009, 06:35 PM
benchmark frames suck. simple as that. :cheers:

Sumthinwicked
04-10-2009, 06:37 PM
dems fightin words mann LOL

big poppa fluff
04-10-2009, 06:42 PM
that may be but It what I half to work with untill I get the cash to buy a G-Force Pneu Frame

Sumthinwicked
04-10-2009, 06:44 PM
that may be but It what I half to work with untill I get the cash to buy a G-Force Pneu Frame
when u get ur gforce pm me ill always take extra benchies ;)

MANN
04-10-2009, 06:50 PM

Dont hold your breath. a good double trigger frame and a ult works well. cyberave and loguzzzz can make a pneumag as good or better than the gforce (as can many others).

you would be better with a standard cf agd frame than the benchmark. Some people love them (along with micromags), but IMO both are substandard to other AGD products.

Sumthinwicked
04-10-2009, 09:06 PM
benchy and micros < substandard still helped us place 4th LOL im just saying.... in a 3v3 with electros ;) at that :rolleyes:

MANN
04-10-2009, 09:11 PM
huh. I put my marker on the field last week, and it would shoot anyone. :p

Id dare to say that you won due to skill and not equipment.

Sumthinwicked
04-10-2009, 09:23 PM
remember to the agglets im to fat and i have no skill im the old guy with gear older than the peeps im playin ;) but ty for the props :cheers:

XM15
04-10-2009, 11:07 PM
The benchmark has way more travel than it needs to fire the gun.The easiset thing you can do is add a trigger stop behind the trigger. You need drill and tap it for a set screw. If you want to shorten it even more you can move the hole in the sear up about .150" where the clevis for the trigger rod attaches. This will shorten the trigger stroke too. It will also make the trigger stiffer but you can counter that by useing a RT on/off in a Classic Valve or a ULT in a X -valve.

Watcher
04-11-2009, 06:19 PM
Whats up with the push in/pull out safety on all benchies?

Near impossible to use with a warp feed...

JRingold
02-14-2010, 12:44 AM
Anyone have some tips on pneu-ing a Benchmark frame? It's what I have, so I'm trying to go with it. So far, I've had the frame milled for the piston and now I've determined that I need some more done for the MSV... <sigh> :(