PDA

View Full Version : Adding ULE Body to Minimag

Lancer X
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Yay, my Minimag and parts all arrived today - thanks Easter Bunny! :D The valve is a Minimag A.I.R. version with 4 stars. What "level" bolt is that??

I will be replacing the stock body with a ULE (vert feed) over the weekend. Any advice re. this process? I remember a note on the AGD site stating that something-or-other had to be pressed out of the stock body. Thanks in advance!

Well, off to the shop to get some macro fittings and line!

Dend78
04-09-2009, 12:26 PM
most likely a lvl7 bolt unless it was changed out. get a pic of it and we can tell ya for sure.

as for the body you have to remove the old mm body and in the rail there is your twist lock pin, its a lil silver lookin thing with a nipple sticking up. this is what holds the twist lock barrels in place. these can sometimes be a pita to remove but get a good no mar hammer and a soft jawed vice the pin drives from the bottom (trigger frame side) to the top (body side) of the rail. here is a link so you can see what the pin looks like

http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=182&categoryID=92

xero28
04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
It's probably a level 7, the stars don't really mean anything anymore. They used to stand for how many times you can send the valve back to AGD for free maintenance. If the bottom of the bolt is flat, then it's a level 7, if it has rounded edges, then it's a level 10. To put in the ULE body, you have to take out the twistlock assembly in the rail. Take everything off of the rail. Turn it over and put it on a piece of wood. Hit the twistlock assembly from the bottom (the side that has the allen screw) until it pops out. Some people will tell you to put another piece of wood over it and hit the wood with a mallet or a hammer, but I just used a hammer and it worked fine, though if it is really in there, using a hammer may damage the assembly or mushroom it out so it's harder to remove. It's up to you, good luck.

EDIT: Someone always beats me to it /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ /\ :D