PDA

View Full Version : RT on/off on a Classic valve?

Chrome
04-11-2009, 10:40 AM
I read on another thread a suggestion to use an RT on/off assembly in a Classic valve to change the trigger pull characteristics. Seeing as there is a lot of info on the on/off assemblies and valves in the Tech Forum, a search got a little cumbersome for me. . .

Does this work, and if so, what does it do compared to a ULE Trigger kit? Thanks!

flyingpootang
04-11-2009, 02:16 PM
A RT on/off with a .750 in a am/mm valve gives you a light constant trigger pull.
A ULT in a am/mm valve gives you a very very light trigger. Some say it's hit and miss, but I had no problem at all in my am/mm valve....

Spider-TW
04-11-2009, 06:17 PM
An RT on/off has about half the pull weight of the classic and is also good for high rate of fire in classic pneumatic setups. They are a little more sensitive to tight top on/off orings.

The ULT is about 1/4 the pull weight of the RT on/off, but usually doesn't reset very quickly in a classic valve. How much is very quickly? Kind of like flyingpootang said, hit and miss. Some get one ball a second and others a slow walk. They have smaller ports, so valve recharge time is a limit at the least. It's a very sensitive setup.

Flyingpootang, you're not walking a double trigger with a ULT in a classic are you? I remember your pump mag has a ULT.

chill will
04-11-2009, 09:40 PM
It does work!!

I have never put a ULT into a clasic valve so I cant speak on that. I do have some concerns on shot down if you put a ULT and own a dobble trigger toghther with a classic valve. Help me out on this one guys I might want to look into this. I run a single trigger on my mag with a classic valve and it gets the job done.

edit--Posted with out reading other post. :nono: :nono: Hit or miss. The RTon/off is not and will improve your classic valve performance. If you play in the woods this helps.

If you want to shoot faster then get a x with ult. Never owned a pneu but the x-ult and intel is hella fast for woods play.

flyingpootang
04-11-2009, 10:02 PM
Flyingpootang, you're not walking a double trigger with a ULT in a classic are you? I remember your pump mag has a ULT.
Yup, I have a ULT in my pumpmag and the trigger is ultra light. I did put a classic valve in a Emag and it fired full auto on 20bps (xmod) with out a problem. Altough I can't remember if I used a RT on/off or a stock am/mm on/off....

Chrome
04-12-2009, 01:15 AM
Thanks! I'm not looking to increase my rate of fire, just a little tweaking on the trigger is all.