PDA

View Full Version : Need a new reg, not sure which to get

Newbit
04-13-2009, 11:00 AM
So I've got an Automag RT Classic, and I'm not sure what reg to get for my tank. The current reg is a air america melee, but it is leaking very badly. What are some good regs to get for use with an RT? I've read alot of posts saying you need 950-1050 psi, and all the regs im seeing are 800-850. Where do you get these higher output regs? Which ones are good?

xero28
04-13-2009, 11:11 AM
They don't really make fully adjustable regs anymore. Nowadays you'll find regs that you can put in different shims or pistons to get different pressures. I think Ninja and Myth regs are ones people have had good experiences with. You can also find a NitroDuck I-reg in a few places, that has a piston that gets around 1000 psi output. I think there is a guy selling brand new ones on e-bay. You can also find some of the old adjustable regs here for sale used, most of them are in pretty good shape. The Smart Parts Max-Flos (not the new micro's) work quite well. To be honest, you may not even need to get up that high. I had an RT valve (though it was not a classic) that I could get a good bounce with around 800-850 psi. As the reg starts to get broken-in the needed pressure to RT drops. Check out zakvetter.com for a lot of good info on RTs. Good luck.

-X

Xceolite
04-16-2009, 07:55 AM
I bought one of those Nitroduck I-reg and piston kits off the guy on e-bay and it works great. Very easy to change pistons.
Recently bought an other one for my other tank. Shipping was slow, so be pateint.
$25 brand new...is still pretty good.

ManInBlack
04-16-2009, 11:24 AM
Get a Raptor Rex reg off of ebay. They're cheap, fully adjustable, and still available in new condition.