PDA

View Full Version : Tank cover recomendations

Blennidae
01-30-2002, 03:51 PM
I recently purchased a 68/3k Flatline and I'd like to put a cover on it for protection. Since there are many brands, DYE, Rase, Redz, and the Loc Soc things, I am looking for opinions on which to get. How easy to get on, how well they fit, level of protection they provide, that sort of thing. Is one brand better than the other, or are they all the same.

Thanks

ProjectMag
01-30-2002, 04:01 PM
Any of those brands you mentioned will suit your needs just find. The only thing is the the Lok Sok things from WDP only cover the ends of the tank leaving the middle exposed. They look cool but don't provide the level of protection the neoprene style does - plus they are a little pricey for what you get. The Dye, Rase, or Redz would be your best choice and is your decision on which one you like best. ;)

Cliffio
01-30-2002, 04:03 PM
rase or redz
both are equally good

altho- i do like the loc soks they provide good protection on both ends, i mean have you ever seen a talk have lots of scratches in the middle? well i havent
also they smell good out of the factory, no joke, they smell fruity!!!

later
Cliff

Hysperion
01-30-2002, 04:23 PM
I owned a rase and now own a dye, the dye is by far the best because it has little pads and grips on it. Most importantly it is easy to get on/off because it uses a zipper. The Rase was a pain to get off. I also think the Dye looks the best. Not that the Rase was bad, but the DYE nitro cover is better.....And I used both these covers on the same nitro tank. I'd get pics but too lazy, get the Dye you won't be disappointed. www.g3pb.com is about the only place that has all the colors in stock.

P8ntball Freak
01-30-2002, 04:38 PM
i just u a regular oversized wool sock. im too damn cheap to spend 20 bucks on one lol

Blennidae
01-30-2002, 05:30 PM
Thaks for all the opinions so far. I still haven'd decided, but the sock idea is kinda cool. If only I could get something like "WUL SOK" embroidered on it. :)

PsychoMag
01-30-2002, 05:35 PM
i like Loc socs...little pricey but arnt a walking billboard for brand names

Paintballer86
01-30-2002, 06:29 PM
I have a Redz tank cover. Very protective and looks great. and I likt the grip it has so it wont slip like an un-covered tank would. It is somethimes hard to get on and off whn I have my Drop zone all the way farward, ut no biggy. I used to use a sock, man that was ghetto.:D

nutz
01-30-2002, 06:39 PM
my advise: Just get a bluez cover!!! i got a 68ci cover and it was almost impossible to get it on my tank! just warning u

sbikeclix
01-30-2002, 07:00 PM
i made my own out of a soccer jersey and a thick shirt. it took a little sweing and whatever, but the finished product looks pretty good

rhino
01-30-2002, 09:41 PM
The coolest ones I have seen are at Animal Paintball. http://www.animalpaintball.com/Hot%20Gear.htm

Xzion
01-30-2002, 11:36 PM
I use a RASE tank cover on my 68/3000 tank, covers well, realitivly easy to put on, I find its really easy when put on with two hands, plus the rubber 'non slip' end of the cover works really well for me.

Army
01-31-2002, 12:01 AM
Love those Animal covers.

I have a Bluez on my 68 stubby. I like the full side and the base rubber pad. You can just see it here:

Gup44
01-31-2002, 10:27 AM
Nicest one I've seen is Kilaueakids. He's got a flatline 3k on his SFL. He uses one from DYE. The pic doesn't do it justice.

zekewh
01-31-2002, 10:36 AM
Heck, one of the people at the paintball field has a very tacky tank cover. He has 2 wool socks that cover it. Its funny, but it works.

DarkRipper
01-31-2002, 11:37 AM
I've been using a RASE cover... I looked at the DYE but the zipper makes me nervous.

:)
DR

deded
01-31-2002, 10:38 PM
I use loc socs, with a Kapp grip clips squeegee holder/tank cover in between the socs. It protects the tank completely, has the grippiness of the loc socs, and holds a squeegee!

I had to cut the grip clip cover a little bit to get the loc socs all the way on, but it works really well!

X-Plosive
01-31-2002, 10:44 PM
Redz make a nice one. The zipper on the dye is the only thing I don't like. I'm not a big fan of David Youngblood and his inflated prices. However, the DYE tank cover isn't too expensive. Kilauekid's pic is void, the SFL makes it look nicer than it really is.

X-Plosive
01-31-2002, 10:55 PM
the only annoying thing about the redz is that in order to get it to cover the tank properly it creates a raised bump. Here's a pic

note: this was right after coming back from the field. I had to show the hydro date and when I put it back on I didn't take my time. It usually gives close to full protection at the front. I have another pic that shows you how much of the tank is visible from the front. Just ask for it:)

zekewh
02-01-2002, 02:26 PM
ugh xplosive, how can you play with that zgrip with a dropforward like that. I have about a inch drop for more hand room.

spliff
02-01-2002, 06:45 PM
If you look close, the tank is offset to the side, im sure he has plenty of room. But back to the subject, i use redz covers, and i love them.

X-Plosive
02-01-2002, 07:24 PM
Good job spliff! Everyone says that to me................here's another picture.

ChrisRT
02-01-2002, 07:48 PM
Of all the tank covers I have ever owned I must say nothing can beat the new Dye tank covers those things are beastly.

PowerFedMag
02-01-2002, 07:49 PM
I just got my Redz...I have no probs getting it on, and its cheaper than most others. I like it cuz I saved money...plus Redz is cool.