PDA

View Full Version : leaky macroline cause rapid firing when gassed?

Madcat_MK2
04-13-2009, 09:16 PM
Hey Everyone,

Like the title says, I bought some new macroline as my GF is getting her new ULE Custom tomorrow and so I figured I'll replace the macroline I've had on mine for a year since I bought two kits that came with three hoses a piece. Well in midst of fitting the new hose, the elbow that fits on the valve does not seem to want to work with the new macro and constantly leaks. My buddy says that I probably have to replace it as that is a frequent thing apparently. I put the old macro back on, but that leaks now too so I think hes right.

Anywho, I noticed now that when I gas up and the macro is leaking, that the mag rapid fires. Before it was fine, even after my little episode of forgetting the pull the trigger and yanking on the valve trying to get it out to realize after the trigger pin was down. I pulled the ULT out just to be sure and it looks fine to me, so could the leaking macro line cause the rapid fire since the ULT and its orings look fine? Thanks for the help

MANN
04-13-2009, 09:22 PM
use some oil in your asa, and try again.

It sorta sounds like you may have damaged the on/off when tring to pull the valve out, but I would eliminate the others before replacing it.

Madcat_MK2
04-13-2009, 10:42 PM
Ok, so before when I checked the valve I put more oil on it, so I believe that would count as putting oil in the ASA. So I tried it a minute ago and it rapid fires on gas up with the trigger pulled and stop when I let go. But any time i pull the trigger it rapid fires 5 or 6 times then stops. I also remeber when I had the ULT out that the body wiggled a little bit when it was screwed down and I also remember that it would not screw down, but rather got to a point and kept spinning on the screw.

So does this mean I need to replace the ULT unit now?

If I do, I figure I'll get spare parts since the GF also is running a mag now. I planned on getting more foamies and carrier oring, but other then that what else should I get? Do the other oring in the valve and ULT rarely go bad? What about the springs and bumper? Which spare parts set goes in the ULT Custom?

chill will
04-13-2009, 10:55 PM
HMM, maybe you got some sealent in your valve when you took off the micro line fitting and put the new one on(ex. teflon tape).

athomas
04-14-2009, 03:16 PM
Your ULT is leaking if the mag rapid fires with the trigger held.

Madcat_MK2
04-14-2009, 05:24 PM
Ok, so I just messed around with my marker some more. I swapped in my GFs new ULT and my marker still rapid fires when I pull the trigger. Next I took all but 1 shim out of my ULT and the marker still auto fired the same. I also tried tightening down the rear screw as per the AGD tech guy said to try. I checked the sear too and it looks fine to me. The rear point in slightly rounded at the corners and the front point that holds back the bolt is slightly rounded but still sharp and the other end facing down the barrel is also slightly rounded at the edges along with 4 thins line cut into the top of it near the tip.

edit: I think it is now my xvalve that is the problem as I swapped the whole valve and put it on my GF brand new mag and it still auto fired when I pulled the trigger, so I would think that rules out my sear being bad and my ULT since I've swapped that already.

Any ideas on what it could be now?

athomas
04-15-2009, 12:42 PM
I'm shooting in the dark here. Other than air getting by the on-off pin, the only other path is through the regulator. The orings that could cause it are the two orings on the base of the regulator pin assembly. They would both have to be compromised. The other is the on-off type oring at the other end to the regulator pin assembly. A leak here could cause air to backfeed through the center of the regulator pin. If this was a problem, you would also hear a leak at the back of the valve or out through the vent hole in the side.

Spider-TW
04-15-2009, 01:28 PM
Is your bolt lip still in good condition?

Is your trigger rod/trigger gap small enough? If it's too large, you may be just barely tripping the sear.

Madcat_MK2
04-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Thanks for the help guys, but it looks like it was the ULT orings after all. After staring at those gif video and remembering what the AGD tech and Athomas said, I had it stuck in my head it must be the ULT despite the fact my GF brand new ULT acted the same way. So I went to my pball store and luckily he had both orings to replace the center and side one on the top half of the ULT. Tried it out and it rapid fire for like 3 shots and it was good since then. Fired about 40 dry fires and no problem. So hopefully it will stay like this as that was one weird issue considering all the things I tried. Thanks again!