PDA

View Full Version : Question about the freak.

hitech
01-30-2002, 04:29 PM
Okay, can one of you guys with a freak help me out (I've never seen one). As I understand it there is a base, insert and tip. What you change is the insert, correct? How long are the base and then the tip area that contacts the paintball? I ask because wouldn't these be mismatched? Isn't having the tip mismatched a problem as it has the final influence in the paintballs trajectory.

magboy02
01-30-2002, 04:33 PM
there are differt length fronts for the freak and yes there is a back and insters with multiple bores, i dont think that the differnt tipps would change the trajectory by much at all, if your thinking about it i would go for it i have on on my rt pro and i love it, the only thing that really sucks about the freak is when u break a ball forget shooting anything without sqeeging and swabbing the barrel out

shartley
01-30-2002, 04:39 PM
When I read the Thread Title “Question about the freak.” I thought you were asking about Cphilip!!!

You may want to be more specific next time…..

;)

hitech
01-30-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by shartley
When I read the Thread Title “Question about the freak.” I thought you were asking about Cphilip!!! ;)

What makes you think I wasn't? ;)

xmetal2001
01-30-2002, 04:56 PM
If i remember correctly, the ball doesn't even touch the tip, only the insert and then right down the middle of the tip since its a little bigger bore size.

PsychoMag
01-30-2002, 05:22 PM
i have a Freak and love it!!!

The inserts are about 5" long once thru the insert, the ball doesnt contact the tip. the tips bore is .70 where the biggest "normal" insert is .695

I use a 10" on my RT Pro