PDA

View Full Version : Co2 & valves

oozeeh
04-17-2009, 03:14 AM
Situation:
I'm in turkey. The only paintball place is on-base. They don't have compressed air.

Problem:
I know I can use co2 on the classic valve.. but can i use it on an "rt pro x" valve?

rawbutter
04-17-2009, 08:00 AM
In emergencies, I've run my x-valve on CO2 with a remote. It works... but you can't shoot faster than 8bps or so (the CO2 just can't expand fast enough), so I guess you have to ask yourself if it's worth it to spend all that money on a shiny, super-fast valve when you can't really use its full potential. It's like buying a sports car when you live in New York City and never have a stretch of road to see what the car can do.

But yes, if you have a remote (and an expansion chamber or stabilizer on top of that would be good too), it can work.

I'm surprised that you can't find compressed air on base, though. Not even nitrogen? Don't they use compressed nitrogen for welding all the time?

TAW
04-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Did you ask the Fire Station on base if you could get air fills?

oozeeh
04-18-2009, 04:02 AM
yeah i did.. they're turkish and won't let me fill my tanks. since i'm on a turkish base here.. turkish rules applies to all including US military

Outlaw5
04-18-2009, 09:46 AM
Oozeeh!!!! Hey man, You can get a classic valve sent to you and use it on your e-mag in mech only...no battery until you get to a place with Compressed air or nitrogen.

So you are alive and well!.......good to know. another year and ahalf or two and ahalf before you are back???? Let me know what you need and your address and I'll get something to you my man! Jerry "Outlaw5" Perkins :D

chafnerjr
04-18-2009, 10:00 AM
yeah i did.. they're turkish and won't let me fill my tanks. since i'm on a turkish base here.. turkish rules applies to all including US military

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Damned Turk's!!!

I was going to give you the idea about the fire station as well. Man that sux! So the American personnel don't have that sort of equipment then huh...

What about SCUBA fills? Isn't there anywhere in Turky to get SCUBA fills? You might be stuck with 3000PSI, but a yokel (is that what it's called?) is like 35$ USD.

P.S. We're puliin' for you man! Oh, BTW... you're only going to hurt the O-Rings in the worse case scenario... so besides the frustration a rebuild kit is like what... $20 or so?!?!?!? :cheers:

oozeeh
04-20-2009, 12:34 PM
they have the equipment, they just havent heard of small carbon fiber tanks for paintball.

oh well.. i think i'm gonna pull the classic valve of my mech and switch it with my rt pro x valve. that should work till then.

ill remove the battery from the front grip to help with the weight. man this sucks. but atleast i can shoot straighter than these tippy rentals they have.

chill will
04-20-2009, 11:46 PM
WoW, people are posting from NC. I started playing in Fayetteville about 7 years ago. How is the rec play on the weekend?

Get a classic valve.

oozeeh
04-21-2009, 05:26 AM
rec ball when i left was completly different from when i started 7 years ago.. i was shooting a spyder and gawking at the cockers back then..

before i left.. i was shooting my classic mech and my emag, standing in the open, taking out pillboxes.

from what i heard, they have an indoor field now as well. crazy.

anyone know where i can buy thread seal tape (teflon tape) online?

i have to switch over the hoses and the QD from my other valve.

Looper
04-21-2009, 07:16 AM
McMaster Carr
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/115/3355

They have the 1/4 inch stuff that is perfect for our smaller air fittings. Shipping will probably cost you more than the item...

chill will
04-21-2009, 11:19 PM
Try lowes or walmart

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=23501-138-31403&lpage=none

Yeah I hear that they opended a indoor field, i have not been by to check it out yet. They had one a few years back, but it did not do to well.