PDA

View Full Version : Nitro Duck Mega Reg - Lets get this RT going!

WARHEAD
04-18-2009, 02:03 PM
I've got one of these things lying around. Anybody know offhand what pressure it can be set to? If I remember correctly, there were two versions, and mine is the higher pressure version. I used to know, but it's been sitting in the closet and I can't remember.

Also, I've heard of people adding shims or something to their tank regulators to get a little extra pressure. My goal here would be to get a nice, easy RT effect using this reg.

Anyone have any personal experience here? What pressure do you think I'd need to reliably and easily get an RT effect on an X-Valve?

(right now I am running 800psi crossfire and ULT, and I can't get any bounce.)

Thanks!

secretweaponevan
04-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I've got one of these things lying around. Anybody know offhand what pressure it can be set to? If I remember correctly, there were two versions, and mine is the higher pressure version. I used to know, but it's been sitting in the closet and I can't remember.

Also, I've heard of people adding shims or something to their tank regulators to get a little extra pressure. My goal here would be to get a nice, easy RT effect using this reg.

Anyone have any personal experience here? What pressure do you think I'd need to reliably and easily get an RT effect on an X-Valve?

(right now I am running 800psi crossfire and ULT, and I can't get any bounce.)

Thanks!

You won't get bounce with a ULT. You need a RT on/off pin and assembly. Perhaps a shorter RT on/off pin too.
And, valves vary. Some go nuts at 850, some at 1200 psi.

WARHEAD
04-18-2009, 05:02 PM
You won't get bounce with a ULT. You need a RT on/off pin and assembly. Perhaps a shorter RT on/off pin too.
And, valves vary. Some go nuts at 850, some at 1200 psi.

Ah, ok. From what I've seen people can still bounce with the ULT though...

I'll probably hang on to this reg for another project.

GroovYChickeN 2.o
04-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Ah, ok. From what I've seen people can still bounce with the ULT though...

I'll probably hang on to this reg for another project.

Mine went up to 900 psi. It was enough to rt my xvalve faster than a egg could feed the gun.

WARHEAD
04-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Mine went up to 900 psi. It was enough to rt my xvalve faster than a egg could feed the gun.

Nice. Making me hopeful, thanks!

Riddler236
04-19-2009, 11:51 PM
the PMI preset i have puts out 1050, which for my classic RT (with level 10), is enough for a lot of reactivity but no runaway. so yeah, markers will vary.

Drizit
04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
you won't get much bounce with that ULT no matter what you do... put in an RT on/off... if you use an Emag on/off pin things will get right nuts... however it can make it hard to actually take just one shot. Mine could sweet spot with a crossfire preset... what reg you use makes a large difference sometimes more then the pressure. I've used a crossfire and a pure energy that I tested with both about 850psi and the crossfire was much faster. The best tank regs I've found for this are the SP maxflow (old manifold style), AA Armageddon, and evil scion. I've been told that the centerflag dynaflow is excellent as well (and can be modded up to 1900psi) the maxflow is only good to 1000psi and the other two are good to 1200-1500psi stock. With a longer set screw on the Armageddon you may be able to get even more (i havn't tested that though). Other regs sometimes just don't have the snap to the recharge that makes the RT happy. Long story short with a good fast charging reg 900-1000 psi should be lots of bounce for most times. The 1900psi centerflag has set the record for the fastest mech around at 34.5bps with paint in a mag.

malJohann
04-23-2009, 02:59 AM
..The 1900psi centerflag has set the record for the fastest mech around at 34.5bps with paint in a mag.

Please tell more. Linky?

Elemental
04-23-2009, 03:17 AM
Please tell more. Linky?

It was actually done by hooking a mag up to a scuba tank with 2000+psi in it.

Here you go... http://zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/34bps.mov

And here's the idea... http://zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/34cps_rapidfire_classic_rt.mov

malJohann
04-23-2009, 05:45 AM
It was actually done by hooking a mag up to a scuba tank with 2000+psi in it...

Right. That one I know of, I was asking about your 1900psi Centerflag reference, thinking its been done with a normal PB tank running 1900psi.

Drizit
04-23-2009, 10:38 AM
It was zak vetter who did it, I found the reference on his site to the 1900psi centerflag, I've never done it myself... 1500 from my stock scion was always more then enough for me. I was just looking over Zak's site and I can't find that reference to the 1900psi centerflag any more... I thought it was on the 34.5bps video but apparently not... it's been a few years since I last saw it... sorry can't help you more on that one. As I say the Scion and the 'geddon have always been more then enough for me. (although it is fun to plug into a scuba tank every now and then ;)

edit:
I may be totally on crack here guys, I can't find a reference to a 1900psi centerflag tank anywhere. It may have been 2am or something when I first looked at those videos and read the input pressure for the 34bps video and then watched the centerflag tank on a viking video or something to that effect and just mixed the two in my head. Forget I said anything about it, it's just the sleep deprivation and the voices in my head talking. It's probably not the last time I'll accuse myself of spouting fiction as fact. :tard: I'll stick with what I've personally tested from now on in this thread. Old maxflows are great, the 'geddon and scion are better. I've had the 'geddon reading about 1200 or 1300psi (don't go more with the stock set screw or it will go past it's threads and lock the tank on, cause it to creep like crazy and total you LP gauge.... (bad times trust me) with a longer set screw who knows.... the scion I've had to 1400-1500 output but... don't leave it set there or you will kill your spring pack (gota find a new spring pack for mine.) and make sure if the air is on you have a good (read new high quality) alan key and it's seated totally into the screw or you will strip it out and I don't know how hard that is to replace. (had someone else adjust mine and he striped the top of the screw) also the LP burst disk is only good to 1500 or so on the scion... blew that up to and replaced it with a plug for the moment... gota get a new one of those to. When it comes down to it pushing the limits of the gear gets expensive and you will probably break things unless you stop before every setting change and think about ALL the variables.

WARHEAD
04-24-2009, 10:57 PM
It was zak vetter who did it, I found the reference on his site to the 1900psi centerflag, I've never done it myself... 1500 from my stock scion was always more then enough for me. I was just looking over Zak's site and I can't find that reference to the 1900psi centerflag any more... I thought it was on the 34.5bps video but apparently not... it's been a few years since I last saw it... sorry can't help you more on that one. As I say the Scion and the 'geddon have always been more then enough for me. (although it is fun to plug into a scuba tank every now and then ;)

edit:
I may be totally on crack here guys, I can't find a reference to a 1900psi centerflag tank anywhere. It may have been 2am or something when I first looked at those videos and read the input pressure for the 34bps video and then watched the centerflag tank on a viking video or something to that effect and just mixed the two in my head. Forget I said anything about it, it's just the sleep deprivation and the voices in my head talking. It's probably not the last time I'll accuse myself of spouting fiction as fact. :tard: I'll stick with what I've personally tested from now on in this thread. Old maxflows are great, the 'geddon and scion are better. I've had the 'geddon reading about 1200 or 1300psi (don't go more with the stock set screw or it will go past it's threads and lock the tank on, cause it to creep like crazy and total you LP gauge.... (bad times trust me) with a longer set screw who knows.... the scion I've had to 1400-1500 output but... don't leave it set there or you will kill your spring pack (gota find a new spring pack for mine.) and make sure if the air is on you have a good (read new high quality) alan key and it's seated totally into the screw or you will strip it out and I don't know how hard that is to replace. (had someone else adjust mine and he striped the top of the screw) also the LP burst disk is only good to 1500 or so on the scion... blew that up to and replaced it with a plug for the moment... gota get a new one of those to. When it comes down to it pushing the limits of the gear gets expensive and you will probably break things unless you stop before every setting change and think about ALL the variables.

Hey drizit, You Don't Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

:ninja:

And hook me up with an rt on/off will ya! :P

Drizit
04-24-2009, 11:34 PM
ok now this is going to bug me... I can only think of 2 people i know with a warp body tac-one... and you arn't ether of them... grr... ok I give up... and sorry I never had much in the way of RT parts, what I had went to france with my longbow. I'm sticking with my classic micromag and vikings for the moment.

WARHEAD
04-25-2009, 02:52 PM
ok now this is going to bug me... I can only think of 2 people i know with a warp body tac-one... and you arn't ether of them... grr... ok I give up... and sorry I never had much in the way of RT parts, what I had went to france with my longbow. I'm sticking with my classic micromag and vikings for the moment.

Hint: I JUST ordered a tac-one warp left to replace the body of my sexy new mag. Also, I may or may not have had to warranty a cracked q-loader part that YOU broke ;)

Drizit
04-25-2009, 11:23 PM
I'm guessing Matt... only guy I can think of with a mag and a Qlaoder... but what could I have broken on your Qlaoder? I havn't seen it in a year or so since I helped mount it on the T9

WARHEAD
04-27-2009, 11:45 PM
I'm guessing Matt... only guy I can think of with a mag and a Qlaoder... but what could I have broken on your Qlaoder? I havn't seen it in a year or so since I helped mount it on the T9

Yeah, it's been a while. The mounting block (the black piece of plastic) on your kit had a crack in it I think from some time you used it a while back or something. I never had a use for it so it didn't matter. I tried mounting it on my mag and it broke in half!

I contacted q-loader and they sent me a new one... except they sent it UPS with a written value of of just over $82, and UPS wanted just over $42 in brokerage fees.... So I sent it back. They apologized and sent me a new one USPS now, but it has yet to arrive.

Freakin' retarded UPS and companies that have no idea how to do business with people across the boarder...

Oh, and I got a hold of an RT on/off, so hopefully when I air up my nitro duck tank it will work, and I'll manage 900psi. :D

Drizit
04-28-2009, 10:23 AM
black plastic mounting block?? i don't follow... possibly i'm being obtuse here... However you need to come over to my place again anyway as I've got all your goodies from the US there... it's finally all there ;)

WARHEAD
04-28-2009, 03:52 PM
black plastic mounting block?? i don't follow... possibly i'm being obtuse here... However you need to come over to my place again anyway as I've got all your goodies from the US there... it's finally all there ;)

What all do you have for me? I barely even remember at this point... I haven't seen you on MSN for ages, what's up with that!

MKing
04-28-2009, 04:43 PM
As far as input pressure, my rt pro bounces like a pro at 900psi but oddly at 1200 on my max flo regulator it doesn't bounce.