PDA

View Full Version : I'm totally lost.

Barteh
04-19-2009, 10:51 AM
Okay, so I have a Tac-one.
Level 10, ult and all.

It was working fine, but with quite a bit of bolt-stick. I messed around with it a bit, and now I'm completely lost.

I have the red spring in it right now. Velocity is turned all the way down. Last time I aired it up, all air leaked from it in a matter of seconds.

HELP!
What spring is best? I need a total walk-down. And I'm a beginning magger as well. So I need precise instructions. Where could my problem be?

Our team shoots at 280-300 fps.

What could be causing that bolt stick? How do I fix it?
My red spring isn't firing, should I just turn up the velocity?

Output is set at 900.

Halp.

rawbutter
04-19-2009, 11:08 AM
It sucks, but start from scratch. Follow the "More detailed assembly instructions" here. You probably just have the wrong carrier size. Just to be sure to follow each step precisely.
http://www.automags.org/resource/level10/index.shtml

The good news is that once you have it set up correctly, you won't have to touch it again for years.

MeŠiCX
04-19-2009, 11:09 AM
If the velocity is turned all the way down, that's why it is leaking.

Red spring is the easiest on paint but most, including myself, prefer the gold spring. I've found the gold spring to be more consistant.

Bolt stick is cause by a number of things including not being oiled regularly and too small a carrier on the lvl 10.

Start dropping some oil drops in the ASA. Mags like lots of oil. Then set your velocity at 280 with a gold spring. If you still have bolt stick, go down a size on the lvl 10 carrier.

BigTrucker
04-19-2009, 06:35 PM
If you still have bolt stick, go down a size on the lvl 10 carrier.
Umm If you have the bolt stick you want to use a bigger carrier with the same white O ring from the carrier you just took out. Use the biggest carrier with the SAME o ring that does not leak air down the barrael. When it starts to leak down the barral go down a size and ALWAYS reuse the same white o ring when you swap out carriers. Make sure you put a few drops of oil on it b4 and after you play.

Looper
04-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I have found the red spring will sometimes cause bolt stick. You can try dropping down to the Gold spring and see if your bolt stick goes away.

I would also do some searching here on AO for post by Secretweaponvan or athomas they have some really good ideas on trouble shooting.

And search You Tube for the Tom Kaye Videos and watch all 9, you'll be a Mag Expert after that... ;)

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vehPc7vuK20&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vehPc7vuK20&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

MANN
04-19-2009, 08:52 PM
with bolt stick first check to make sure your detents are not screwed in too far.

Coralis
04-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Also you can check out this video for installing a level 10 and tuning it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0mvr30jKhw

MeŠiCX
04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
Umm If you have the bolt stick you want to use a bigger carrier with the same white O ring from the carrier you just took out. Use the biggest carrier with the SAME o ring that does not leak air down the barrael. When it starts to leak down the barral go down a size and ALWAYS reuse the same white o ring when you swap out carriers. Make sure you put a few drops of oil on it b4 and after you play.

Ya meant go up a size. Sorry hangover this morning...

Barteh
04-20-2009, 12:58 AM
with bolt stick first check to make sure your detents are not screwed in too far.

How far should they be in? Cause that sounds like it may be it.
Dry-firing was fine most of the time, but when I put a ball in it, it would stick.

Watcher
04-20-2009, 01:40 AM
A good way to put the detents in is to take the body off, put the bolt in as far as it will go, and then screw the detents in until they stop. Then back them off a full turn.

You don't want the actual threaded part of the detent to come in contact with the bolt, if that is the case. That is why we back them off.

After you did this, take the bolt out and inspect the inside with your finger. It should be sticking out enough that you can press it, but be removed enough to receed completely when you slide your finger past it.

Since you put the ball in and it sticks, it sounds like a traditional case of bolt stick. Just go to the next size carrier up and it should eleiminate the problem.

As was mentioned earlier, you want to use the biggest size carrier you can without leaking down the barrel.
Pick up a carrier set, or get yours out, and select one that is larger than the one currently in your powertube. You can identify them as they are marked with rings and dots. Rings are full steps and dots are half steps. No rings, no dots is the smallest while 4 rings is the biggest.
Keep switching out for bigger ones until you install one that leaks when you air the gun up. And then just move one size down from there.