PDA

View Full Version : ult/bolt shim

skyless
04-19-2009, 04:04 PM
So when i first got my first x-valve it came with a bunch of carriers and shimms. After i tuned and got my mag working ok i put all the parts together in on bag and forgot about it. Now that i am tuning 2 more valves with the remaining parts plus some extra, and now have a caliper, I notices that there is a size difference between most of shims. They range in thickness between .01 and .005, some are .06-7. After a adding and removing shims depening on how trigger felt i now have my single trigger setup silky smooth with nice reactiveness if i hold the sweet spot. There is also an unsweet spot that makes my marker cuff, which is just past the sweet spot so trigger pull is very percise. I thought the ult kit prevented bounce but maybe mine is just at the tipping point. Just wanted to share my journy with my mags.

Setup with.
*Psi 850 output, crossfire reg.
*benchmark single trigger

Watcher
04-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Yeah, IIRC the ULT shims are half the thickness of the lvl10 shims. The lvl10 ones would bt .01 and the ULT .005.

Essentially then, you can use one lvl10 shim instead of 2 ULT shims.

Nice work on making an awsome mag awsomer (I know it's not a real word, but to make awsome even more awsome you have to awsome it up :rolleyes: ).