PDA

View Full Version : Some valve issues

drewkroeker
04-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Alright, its getting close to the start of the season, and I took out my guns for some testing. Here are a couple issues I had:

1) My x valve with ULT was sticking. I made sure to oil the valve before airing it up. I was getting barrel breaks, definitely not chops. The bore was definitely big enough for the paint. The paint was at least six months old, but it's premium and gave me no trouble in another mag. The trigger felt way too stiff, and would sometimes stick, causing air to come hissing out. Later I tried switching the ULT for an RT pro on-off and the trigger wouldn't move at all. After degassing, it was very difficult to depress the on-off pin to remove the valve from the body.

2) My emax valve shot for me when I dry-fired it but air was loudly hissing out the little hole on the side of the valve. I can deal with a barely noticeable hiss, but this was much more significant. I made sure to oil this valve as well before airing it up.

Thanks in advance for your advice and expertise.

Drew

PS: On a positive note, my pneumag shot like a champ! :shooting:

jade_monkey07
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
hey buddy!

hopefully youve got a parts kit or 2 sitting around

the x with ult. now i could be very wrong here, but were you able to chrono your shots with it?
it almost sounds like the pressure is so high that its making the trigger pull heavy and blowing the balls up..just an odd thought. that doesnt make sense though cause even degassed it was hard to move.
check that the pins in the ult and the rt are still straight. take them both apart and check orings. it just seems odd that even degassed it doesnt move easily.
is the sear engaging the on/off pin properly? try the valve in another mag.
if none of that seems right then take the valve apart and inspect everything. every oring and part.

alright for the emaxx, take the valve apart. not the power tube or on/off, but unscrew the 2 halves and check the reg piston orings clean it like an ocd person, check all the orings for little bits of dirt, if that doesnt help then its time for some new orings inside. cant remember wich one for that little hole though.

you can always give me a call if you need help taking it apart
pm me if you want my new number

drewkroeker
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the help, jade_monkey07. I turned down the velocity on the x valve, and it started to work. I was dry firing it and getting what I think were useable shots, but now I am getting chuffing issues. Something to do with that magical entity we call "Level 10." I have some extra carriers and shims so hopefully I can resolve the issue there.

I'll take apart the emax valve sometime this week when I get time. I also should probably order a full mag oring kit so I can keep on top of these things.

Hope Calgary is treating you well!