PDA

View Full Version : Diff between on/off and ult

AutomagRook
04-21-2009, 07:33 PM
How can you visually tell the difference between an emag on/off and a ult?

I bought an emag valve on ebay but I'm not sure if it has ult. I know that if I hold the trigger half way the marker seems to go on auto but a full pull only shoots out one ball. Never shot either set up so I can't compare between a stock emag and a ult emag valve.

Thanks guys. :shooting:

04-21-2009, 08:00 PM
emag on/off
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/205.jpg
ULT
http://store.airgundesignsusa.com/images/product/large/lg_358.jpg

AutomagRook
04-21-2009, 08:31 PM
So there is a difference physically. That ule trigger kit pic doesn't really show it that well. That's why I was asking if there was another way. I alsov read somewhere that the ult has shims on it. Ill try and pull it out and look for that. I tried pulling it out earlier but it wasn't moving so I decided to stop because I wasn't sure if that was the correct way of doing it.

xero28
04-21-2009, 08:41 PM
The ULT is thicker at the top. Look at the picture of the R/T on/off. The area directly under the black o-ring and above the grooved area with the holes in it is thinner than the same area on the ULT. This is because there are o-ring that go between the on/off and the valve in the case of the RT, and no o-rings in the case of the ULT. The on/off may be a bit hard to get out if it hasn't been oiled. I usually grab it with some needle nose pliers, though some people may dissagree.

frans42000
04-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I know that if I hold the trigger half way the marker seems to go on auto but a full pull only shoots out one ball.

Sounds to me like you accidently discovered the "sweet spot".

Sweetspotting an RT trigger allows the trigger to bounce off a semi tensioned finger to shoot full auto.

A ULT trigger is designed to drastically lower the pull weight of the trigger, hypothetically allowing a person to "walk" the trigger with the fingers to shoot faster. This also means that the Reactive Trigger (RT) effect is also lessened.

It sounds likely that you have a normal RT on/off.