PDA

View Full Version : Quick valve swap

MKing
04-23-2009, 12:19 AM
Sorry for the noob question but here it is: I have an rt pro and play a lot of private property woodsball. I have a huge air tank but late in the day it runs dry. I have a line on a cheap classic valve. Would it be possible to swap it in quick to be able to run co2 late in the day? Would I need to adjust anything else?

atech2
04-23-2009, 01:43 AM
Yes, if the valve has it's own bolt, it would be a simple swap.

fishmishin
04-23-2009, 01:48 AM
You are gonna want an anti-siphon tube in your co2 tank, and an expansion chamber too probably. But other than that you should be able to swap them out, chrony your gun and be good to go !

I don't know how cheap the classic valve is your looking at, but there have been some really good prices on used HPA tanks in the Air Systems thread in the B/S/T. Would probably a lot easier to just pick up an extra tank.

http://automags.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

MKing
04-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. It has its own level 7 bolt. I thought about just getting another hpa tank (and maybe I still will) but everyone else I play with uses co2 and there are always plenty of spare tanks. It just seems like a nice back up solution if its a quick swap out.

athomas
04-24-2009, 05:30 PM
Yes. CO2 will get you buy. But, if the tank setup is horizontal, then you do risk liquid in the line. It could be a problem. Fire slowly if it is.