PDA

View Full Version : 27 Bps??

om3n
04-23-2009, 06:35 PM
So I just cleaned my mag and got my tank filled (supposedly 850 psi output reg), and I decided to try to get it to RT. I usually use the ULE on/off, so I put the stock on/off on the gun, and look at how it's shooting!! Is this right??

<object width="576" height="384" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1137612153899" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1137612153899" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="576" height="384"></embed></object>

So I took the audio off this video and sliced it up to repeat the first string of shots, and this is what it looks like.

That is 27 bps folks... I don't know if that's is right?? I just bought a halo B out of excitement because it won't stop doing this now (the Halo will arrive next week). You have to understand, I just bought this mag this winter and haven't even played a game with it. My friends don't understand why I didn't go with an electronic gun... and if this thing indeed is shooting at 27 bps then I will have the fastest shooting gun out of anyone I know lol

here is the slice up of the audio:

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii191/om3n07/27BPS.jpg

MANN
04-23-2009, 06:45 PM
im not sure that you can do that indoors. you will get an echo.

ManInBlack
04-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Something about that doesn't look right. Is the trigger bouncing? It looks like it's just cycling while you're holding the trigger down. My classic valve did that once because I put the on/off in upside down.

om3n
04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Something about that doesn't look right. Is the trigger bouncing? It looks like it's just cycling while you're holding the trigger down. My classic valve did that once because I put the on/off in upside down.
it's not really bouncing no, but I can feel the sear bouncing. However, my finger is not being pushed back... That's the main reason I thought it wasn't working correctly. however it will shoot paint. It usually shoots 1 or maybe two rounds before it gets jammed- I don't have a feeder that can feed that fast though. I have one coming this week however

om3n
04-23-2009, 07:18 PM
im not sure that you can do that indoors. you will get an echo.

should I try outdoors then? It still sounded just as fast outside when I was shooting it... It just doesn't seem right I know...

I guess we'll see when my halo arrives next week.

EDIT

its definitely shooting that fast guys. I can push paint down the feed neck and get the gun to sometimes shoot up to 4 rounds at a time, and it's shooting all of them this fast.

Freebird
04-23-2009, 08:24 PM
somthing isnt right if it is not re-setting the trigger

secretweaponevan
04-23-2009, 08:34 PM
Leaking/missing on/off o-ring is where I'd start.

om3n
04-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Leaking/missing on/off o-ring is where I'd start.
but it's shooting paint... should I even care if it's not resetting the trigger??

I've put nearly 1000 shots through it and it's working fine so far... Do you guys really think I should take it apart and see if there is something wrong with the on off? I'll see if I can even bounce the trigger...

om3n
04-23-2009, 09:07 PM
but it's shooting paint... should I even care if it's not resetting the trigger??

I've put nearly 1000 shots through it and it's working fine so far... Do you guys really think I should take it apart and see if there is something wrong with the on off? I'll see if I can even bounce the trigger...

Ok well I took the bolt out, or tried to anyway, and it would NOT come out. Something was making it stick. I thought oh great there IS something wrong with the on/off... and so I had to pull of the intelliframe. Indeed, the on off pin was stuck down way too far and would not push back up. I had to push quite hard against it to get the bolt out, and when I removed it, the o-ring that goes on top of the on/off was slightly damaged :( I'll mess with it again tomorrow, we'll see what happens.

tbaggin
04-24-2009, 02:18 AM
had this on my X valve once, was messin around in my garage, no paint did the same thing. Put paint in it, and not even half a hopper, the whole valve seized up, and my shop had a fun time fixing that one.

om3n
04-24-2009, 11:04 AM
had this on my X valve once, was messin around in my garage, no paint did the same thing. Put paint in it, and not even half a hopper, the whole valve seized up, and my shop had a fun time fixing that one.

What was the cause of it?

Seriously though, before I replace that o-ring I'm going to wait until I get my halo and I'm going to see if I can shoot consitantly like this. If I can, I'm just going to keep the damaged o-ring on the on/off lol

right now I have the ULE on/off in the valve... hopefully when I put the stock on/off back in the gun it will keep shooting like it did yesterday.

chafnerjr
04-24-2009, 12:32 PM
This sounds NORMAL! The valve should slid right out if you pull the trigger. :cheers: The sear will sometimes hang on the valve (potentially the on/off if it's in wrong)... anyways... this will happen from time to time.

tbaggin
04-24-2009, 03:40 PM
they never really knew the cause, all i know is that it took them a few days to get it running, my guess is that the onoff was going so fast it shredded the oring and some of the oring schnards got into the valve somehow, other than that, i have no clue to what happened

om3n
04-24-2009, 09:09 PM
This sounds NORMAL! The valve should slid right out if you pull the trigger. :cheers: The sear will sometimes hang on the valve (potentially the on/off if it's in wrong)... anyways... this will happen from time to time.

Well I WAS pulling the trigger, and it wouldn't come out. in fact, the trigger wouldn't pull, because the top o-ring on the on/off was jammed above the on off, preventing it from going up, and preventing me from pulling the trigger.

chafnerjr
04-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Well I WAS pulling the trigger, and it wouldn't come out. in fact, the trigger wouldn't pull, because the top o-ring on the on/off was jammed above the on off, preventing it from going up, and preventing me from pulling the trigger.

Ahhh... crappy. Thankfully you got that all sorted out then I take it :clap:

om3n
04-26-2009, 10:25 PM
Ahhh... crappy. Thankfully you got that all sorted out then I take it :clap:

ha ha yes you win :p thanks for the help!

Too bad now the on/off is chopping o-rings... rrg

i have another thread now all about that...

Watcher
04-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Looks like we got to the bottom of the issue, but for fun's sake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwdMaud-pkw

Sorry about the vid quality, turn your sound up ahead of time.

AnthonyDStone
04-27-2009, 01:28 AM
I Had a Retro Valve That Shot Every Bit Of 22 WITHOUT Chopping or Feeding Problems,It Just had a Modified on/off Pin!The Thing Was Setup to FULL-Auto Sweet Spot.It Worked Better than any "Full Auto" Marker I've ever seen,And It Was All Mechanical.That's Why Mags Are the Best!

Tony