PDA

View Full Version : Paintball changes?

NJPaint
04-25-2009, 05:50 PM
Hey guys, I dunno how many people are still around. Used to be on here all the time, went to a few AO days, then went to college and then medical school and stopped playing entirely. Anyways, haven't kept up with the paintball world since 2004 (5 years! :o). Anyways, medical school organized a paintball trip tomorrow (Sunday) and so I dusted off my 6+ year old equipment including the only marker I didn't sell... the good old lvl 10 mech mag. Put a tank on and what do you know, 50 airshots later, sounds perfect like it hadn't been collecting dust for 5 years :). Also found my automags online jersey and will be rocking it tomorrow :)

Anyways, so... Whats happened since I left? Last I heard Smart Parts released their Ion, which looked like a Mech mag ripoff, but I haven't heard anything since then, so lay it on me, whats new, whats the same...

Smoothice
04-25-2009, 06:12 PM
Well. I have not been around too long. But from what I can tell....

AGD has downsized. They are of course still alive and will be forever. But they have reduced there overhead as much as possible. So as far as we can tell they are now more of a home based business.

Smart parts has taken over the world. Well most of it at least. Most paintball parts fall under one of their patents. So any new and old manufacturers typically have to pay smartparts to use one of their patents. I may owe smartparts a few dollars at the end of this post for using the word "paintball".

The ion is not really a mech mag look alike. More like a plastic squirt gun look alike.

The invert mini came out. Which looks like a miniature emag. It was designed by manike the same guy who designed the xmag. So it is actually a pretty sweet marker. I had one for a few weeks and felt like I was cheating on my xmag. So I sold it.

Alot of the old time AO'ers say that this forum now sucks. And is not as much a family as it was back in the day. Since I wasn't around back in the day I can't say for sure. But I am pretty happy with the forum and spend an insane amount of time here. This is my home in cyberspace.

Xmags are now worth around $1,200. SFL's are now worth around anywhere between $2,500 to $3,500.

Thats about all i can think of right now. :cheers:

going_home
04-25-2009, 06:43 PM
What I want to know is how did you remember your AO account password from 5 years ago ?

:wow:

Outlaw5
04-25-2009, 11:19 PM
NJPaint, I see you are in New Jersey.....so if you want to throw paint with a bunch of AO'ers then be at Topgun Paintball on Saturday, 30 MAY to play Tunaball III! We AO'ers will be there and you will see some sweet mags....in addition there will be parts and fun for all! Welcome back and hope you can make it. Outlaw5 :D

NJPaint
04-26-2009, 10:34 AM
NJPaint, I see you are in New Jersey.....so if you want to throw paint with a bunch of AO'ers then be at Topgun Paintball on Saturday, 30 MAY to play Tunaball III! We AO'ers will be there and you will see some sweet mags....in addition there will be parts and fun for all! Welcome back and hope you can make it. Outlaw5 :D

lol I was in NJ... 5 years ago :P Left for college and didn't return after medical school lol Thanks though :) I am visiting in May, but I leave on the 30th :(