PDA

View Full Version : what qualifies to call the marker RT Classic?

thegrayghost
04-25-2009, 08:25 PM
just curious, just purchased an RT On/Off Assembly and put it in my classic/ level7/benchy 2 trigger frame.....does this make my mag a RT Classic?.....i have been into mags for 2 years now, still learning....i did notice the trigger pull a little better and sharper....so i think the RT Assembly was worth it...

thegrayghost

frans42000
04-25-2009, 08:56 PM
In a word,

Nope.

A true RT mag has a different regulator too. And there is a different interaction between the on-off and the reg.

In a RT, the dump chamber is recharged at full tank pressure instead of regulated pressure as in the older A.I.R. valves.

This means that an RT pro and x-valve is also faster than an A.I.R. valve. The reactive trigger happens because the on-off also gets reset by full tank pressure. Im almost willing to bet that the RT effect was a happy coincidence while TK and AGD were trying to make a faster valve.

xero28
04-26-2009, 01:10 AM
This is a Classic RT (not mine, found the image using google).

http://i8.tinypic.com/6srf3bb.jpg

This was the only gun made by AGD that did not have compatible parts with any other marker. The valve receives air that goes through the rail and then through a banjo bolt, so there is no external air inupt to the valve like all other Mag valves. Also I beleive the bodies could only be used with this valve/rail. Dropping an RT on/off into a "classic" valve does not make a "Classic RT". Good try though :D .

Putting the RT on/off in there though does reduce the trigger pull by about 1/2 of the standard on/off. I used one in my classic and had a great time with it.

-X

Konigballer
04-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Thats a big NO! :D

It is a interesting question tho', because so many Mag parts are interchanchable EXCEPT with the RT Classic. So at what point does your specific mag model become something else?

For instance, I have a Minimag with a Retro Valve, so I could say I have a 'Retro Valved Minimag', or maybe even a 'Minimag RT' (which sounds better). However, if I switched out the Minimag body for a ULE body or classic mag body, I would say I no longer have a true Minimag even if I kept the Minimag inscribed classic valve in it. Thats because the Minimag body is the defining feature of that model. Whatever... :)