PDA

View Full Version : Convince my mom that the AGD Store is safe!

MikeCouves
01-30-2002, 06:43 PM
My mom doesn't think using her credit card over the internet is safe. But it has SSL security so I can trust it! Can someone convince her somehow? Lol I want an AO patch and some other stuff really bad!

Paintchucker
01-30-2002, 06:52 PM
Pick you items, and select CHECKOUT. The next screen you see (in MS Internet Explorer anyway), should have a little lock at the bottom. This is the Security that means that no one else but the AGD store should be able to see the credit card number as it is sent across the internet.

Here is an SSL Security Lock explanation from another site, but keep in mind that SSL is a Standard, not specific in anyway to a specific site...

SSL Security Lock Explanation (http://www.singlesix.com/ssl.html)

AGD
01-30-2002, 07:00 PM
If she is really worried you can just call us directly and place the order. The other thing to think about is the credit card machine we use here goes out across the phone lines too.

AGD

Omicron
01-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Hey Mike, since you're in Canada you can't order online (the store doesn't accept canada orders...??) so you have to call anyways. Tell the nice ladies that answer the phone what products you want and then they'll ask for a credit card number, and thats it! So anyways, hope your mom's convinced!

CoFFeY[NiTrO]
01-30-2002, 07:21 PM
Look at that! Our creator speaking to you/your mom specificly should be enough to convince her ;)
Lol

JACK
01-30-2002, 08:47 PM
I just ordered from them and got it in four days!