PDA

View Full Version : Anything going on in Mid/North Illinois??

Cliffio
01-30-2002, 06:55 PM
hey what up, i just moved up to normal-bloomington

wondering what the paintball scene is up here, where exactly is agd at? i know its near chicago but i dunno where

let me know

just tryin to get a picture of the paintball scene here

also any teams looking for a back player with an angel:)?
i will be able to play this summer alot

let me know---i dont mind to drive

later
Cliff

Shaft
01-30-2002, 08:33 PM
Challenge Park Extreme in Joliet.
AGD in Wheeling.
Air America in Elk Grove Village (near Ohare).
Bad Boyz Toyz all over.
And much much more.

Where you at?

marc
01-30-2002, 08:42 PM
Dont forget
Country Club Paintball Glenwood IL (great indoor field)
Warped Sportz Meviville IN
if u wana get in to tourneys go to www.ccpaintball.com(country club paintballs web site) or www.challengepark.com (challenge park extremes web site)

Cliffio
01-30-2002, 09:10 PM
im in normal-bloomington illinois

how far is it to these places for tourny play?

just wondering

thanks
Cliff

hubadlatimmy
01-30-2002, 09:29 PM
Hey cliffo you could come play with my team sometime. We just got together and this will be out first year of tourney play. If you want we are playing at challenge park in 3 weeks. Just playing rec ball prolly but don't go to CCP it sucks and the floors are really slippery but it's the only indoor field

nutz
01-30-2002, 09:42 PM
mapquest is a great way to find directions! im from chicago but in the north

Snooky
01-30-2002, 09:47 PM
i live in northern il right next to rockford. theres a field nearby in byron(outdoor) and a field in machesney park(indoor). otherwise i drive about an hour and 15 mins to apocalypse paintball in poynette, WI. Apocalyspe paintball is best field i know cheap and its bring ur own paint. Anyone else ever been there its so sweet!

damageinc54
01-31-2002, 02:06 AM
Cliffio, you have Sudden Impact paintball field about 10 minutes south of you. It is a great field and it is also a stop in the CPSA series. Check them out.

Spaceman613
01-31-2002, 08:05 AM
Bloomington??

Heck, Im im Peoria.

I play at awhole in the wall called Area 52, Its tiny, but fun, and prolly 15 minutes from you. Also a place in Peoria, And Chillicothe, And Funks Grove (Sudden Impact).

Shoot me an e-mail, lets chat. Lets grab a beer (or 20) and plan on shooting some paint.

http://members.home.net/spaceman613/

thats my crappy webpage, you can e-mail me from there.

Later

Scooter/Cootie
01-31-2002, 11:18 AM
Like damageinc54 said, we have the CPSA series going on. It starts in March and goes thru to November. Check out their website at www.cpsa.cc for the details.

marc
01-31-2002, 11:52 AM
Wow now did i just hear some one say country club paintball sucks? How could you say that place sucks so its alittle slippery, unless you have no coordination your fine. And that means you can slide easier.

Chris
01-31-2002, 12:06 PM
I am in Peoria as well. I like sudden impact/funks grove, chillicothe, and the indoor place in town, the Paint n Place. Email me if you want to get together sometime, me and my roomates are always up for playin some paintball.

-Chris

Cliffio
02-03-2002, 02:39 PM
sorry guys, i dont have a gun at the moment, saving up for a dark ir3

but ill prolly re post this this summer some time, cause i cant play at the moment

but in the future ill be sure and look all u guys up

later
CLiff

IceCool32
02-03-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Spaceman613
Bloomington??

Heck, Im im Peoria.

I play at awhole in the wall called Area 52, Its tiny, but fun, and prolly 15 minutes from you. Also a place in Peoria, And Chillicothe, And Funks Grove (Sudden Impact).

Shoot me an e-mail, lets chat. Lets grab a beer (or 20) and plan on shooting some paint.

http://members.home.net/spaceman613/

thats my crappy webpage, you can e-mail me from there.

Later

Hey James,

Wanna trade up that Micromag and nitro tank for my Impulse and 20oz. anti-siphon on/off? If ya hit up PnP on Weds, I'll be at Bar Warz =](32* Jersey, playing with Adam Knaus).

Anyways,

The place in Peoria is called Paint N' Place, it's a good in-door experience, in the summer check out Area 52 South, their adding Sup Air =].

marc
02-03-2002, 03:42 PM
How many idoor fields are there in IL and IN, I know of 2, Country Club Paintball in Glenwood IL, and another Place in IN. And some1 just said Paint n Place in Peoria IL. any1 know of anyothers

IceCool32
02-03-2002, 04:13 PM
Pekin Paintball is both indoor and outdoor. The Indoor is fairly small, no more than 3 and 5 man teams.....but they're getting Ultimate Air soon =].

Spaceman613
02-03-2002, 04:51 PM
email me if you are looking for a trade, I may be able to do something.

And I know the name of the Paintnplace, I reffed there for 2 years. And as for the Pekin place? The guy is a horses rear section.

I've played most aplaces locally, but the Pekin one I prolly wont, I have yet to hear anything good about it or the owner. And I have fairly good connections everywhere I go.

damageinc54
02-03-2002, 07:04 PM
Wyldside Sportz has an indoor field in Rockford. Some of my guys have been there and they tell me it is kind of small. Best suited for 3 man play. Not worth the trip for me if that is true.

raehl
02-04-2002, 03:32 PM
Your best bet is probably Sudden Impact which is about 10 minutes south of you off of 55 in Funk's Grove. Big field, reasonably priced, has speedball. Used to play there a lot. For tournament stuff, a lot of people are practicing at Sniper Jack's in Villa Grove IL, which is probably about 45 minutes to an hour from you south-east. Practice is pretty much every sunday from 10 AM on and is $10/head plus $50/case for big ball. They have an indoor field there as well. (www.sniperjack.com for more info). It's the home field for the University of Illinois teams plus Backlash and Anarchy and I believe Legacy and Scorpions practice there often as well. I'll be there this weekend practicing for Skyball. There also used to be Timber Games in Decatur, about a half hour south of you, but they may have closed due to zoning issues. They are (or were) pretty much a woodsball/rec field. Excellent staff. A little farther from you is Challenge Park Xtreme, one of if not THE premier fields in the world. You can also check out Fox River Games in Yorkville IL which is up on Rt. 47 (take interstate 55 to IL 47). I forget their website, but they are (were?) Swarm's home field - you know, the guys who first won a tournament with semi's. ;) I played there a lot in High School and they've apparently made a lot of improvements recently that I havn't been down to see yet.

If you're from the K-State club, you can probably also check out the UofI website at www.uiuc.edu/ro/ipw and tag along with them on their rec outings. I think their next one is Feb. 23 at CPX. I'll probably be down for that one since I (Again) have practice at Sniper Jack's the next day. UofI also has a pretty good field list for fields in central IL.

Hope that helps. Are you still with the K-State team?

- Chris

Cliffio
02-04-2002, 03:40 PM
raehl- wow, thanks alot, very informative!
no i am not on the k-state team any longer, i was but for personal reasons i am not attending k-state anymore

once i get all my personal stuff together and my new angel, then il be ready to play, until then its just all talk

but thanks alot for the info

Cliff

anybody know if illinois state university has a team?
since they are down the street from me

raehl
02-04-2002, 03:52 PM
I don't think they have a standing club, but as I recall there was a student from ISU on the college student match list...

www.match.college-paintball.com

May want to drop him a line.

- Chris