PDA

View Full Version : Replacing O-rings need help

AutomagRook
04-28-2009, 03:58 AM
I just bought a oring kit and want to replace everythign in my classic valve. Ive done everything except the power tube tip oring. I cant seem to get that in. Any tips on how to do it? I got it onto the outer edge but cant get it over the threads into its position. Thanks

btw, i have 2 teflon rings left over. Am i missing some old ones or is this normal?

secretweaponevan
04-28-2009, 06:48 AM
I just bought a oring kit and want to replace everythign in my classic valve. Ive done everything except the power tube tip oring. I cant seem to get that in. Any tips on how to do it? I got it onto the outer edge but cant get it over the threads into its position. Thanks

btw, i have 2 teflon rings left over. Am i missing some old ones or is this normal?

Are you trying to use a powertube o-ring as a powertube tip o-ring?

It is normal, depending on which part kit you got, to have extra teflon o-rings.

AutomagRook
04-28-2009, 10:57 AM
Are you trying to use a powertube o-ring as a powertube tip o-ring?

It is normal, depending on which part kit you got, to have extra teflon o-rings.

So the parts kit doesn't bring a power tube tip oring? I guess I was using a powertube oring. I thought only the RT used a diff powertube tip oring.

Anybody have an extra powertube tip oring they would like to sell?