PDA

View Full Version : nitro tank

Ebbed
04-29-2009, 09:45 PM
I have been told a couple things about this tank, and now I’m a little confused. Here is the link:

http://www.paintballgear.ca/product/Ninja_90cui_4500psi_-_Carbon_Fibre.html?cPath=157_236_153_1212

I know this is a nitro tank but just to give me peace of mind, that is not for compressed air, that is a different tank, and a different gas correct?

automagmasta
04-29-2009, 09:52 PM
If I understand right, you think that tank is for nitrous oxide right?

ok, we dont use 'nitro' in paintball. We use High Pressure Air (HPA or Compressed air, all the same) Nitro is a gas, compressed air is just what it sounds like. That tank is fo rcompressed air, which is what you get at your local field. This tank IS NOT for Nitrous oxide (nitro,) but for compressed air.

Watcher
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Technically, air is a mixture of several different gasses, Nitrogen (N2) the most prominent.

Thusly, the paintball community has nicknamed the tanks "Nitro" tanks.

However, it is severely different than Nitrous (NO2) like what you'd force into your car.

The 2 tanks are not interchangeable, however a Nitrous tank may be able to be used as a CO2 tank...

High Pressure Air (HPA), Nitrogen (N2), and Compressed Air tanks are all the same.