PDA

View Full Version : What is AGD up to these days?

WARHEAD
04-30-2009, 03:43 AM
In the short time I've known about AGD, (I'm 20 and Canadian so I'm sure I can be forgiven) I've been a huge fan. Everything they've done seems to work wonders, and they aren't about screwing people out of money with random product lines and proprietary threading etc. Hell, they even make their newest upgrades to work with even the oldest of mags... That's what I call support and standing by your design.

Anyways, what exactly is AGD up to today? I know they still sell the Tac-One and RT PRO ULE, but everyone I know who has a mag either got it years and years ago, or bought it used, myself included. I'm sure they don't have much going on that requires any huge bills to be payed and the occasional marker sale and parts kits etc. are probably more than enough to keep things going no problem, but the last on the list in the "prototype lab" is the ULT, and that was quite some time ago. Can we ever expect any new innovations from AGD or will the mag as we know it today simply be what is is forever: the most freakin' badass marker in the sport?

garbageman705
04-30-2009, 03:58 AM
Pretty much nothing going on. Tom Kaye sold the company to his brother in law or something. No new products coming up.

Watcher
04-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Pretty much the entire encompassing company off of the website is run by Roman Rios out of his garage...

It's sad, but the company just isn't what it used to be. They are still selling and teching products, but with no machine shop they are no longer turning out anything new. So it seems that once the stock is sold out it'll be gone...

That being said, Tunaman does a lot of custom work on mags and it turning out mainbodies, rails, warp-mounts, battery packs, triggers, and all kinds of custom work in addition to having plenty of spare parts stocked up. His shop near rivals the AGD shop itself.

TheMagSmith is a similar setup, though without a lot of the custom work Tunaman can do.

The latest, and probably last, thing being designed, produced, and sold in regards to the automags is a Micromag body fromProTeamProducts.

However, this is a custom run of only just on the high side of 100 or so bodies.

Those who aren't on the pre-order list don't get one, unless someone on the list is willing to sell, and once it is over it's done.

The last innovation for AGD, but as long as the Automag's fan base is so large we will never stop seeing them as successful even today :cheers:

WARHEAD
04-30-2009, 01:48 PM
Pretty much the entire encompassing company off of the website is run by Roman Rios out of his garage...

It's sad, but the company just isn't what it used to be. They are still selling and teching products, but with no machine shop they are no longer turning out anything new. So it seems that once the stock is sold out it'll be gone...

That being said, Tunaman does a lot of custom work on mags and it turning out mainbodies, rails, warp-mounts, battery packs, triggers, and all kinds of custom work in addition to having plenty of spare parts stocked up. His shop near rivals the AGD shop itself.

TheMagSmith is a similar setup, though without a lot of the custom work Tunaman can do.

The latest, and probably last, thing being designed, produced, and sold in regards to the automags is a Micromag body fromProTeamProducts.

However, this is a custom run of only just on the high side of 100 or so bodies.

Those who aren't on the pre-order list don't get one, unless someone on the list is willing to sell, and once it is over it's done.

The last innovation for AGD, but as long as the Automag's fan base is so large we will never stop seeing them as successful even today :cheers:

Lets just hope that if they ever do stop production of the x-valve or other components, they sell the rights to someone else and/or give everyone a last chance to pick up some parts.

It's kinda sad, but to be honest most "innovation" in paintball these days involves pumping out a new version of the gun every year with absolutely no difference in performance... I suppose if the automag has lasted this long, it's probably going to last me my paintballing career regardless of whether "official" support is available or not.

kwood
04-30-2009, 02:07 PM
here is a guy who is making a bunch of new stuff for mags

http://www.bigevilonline.com/showthread.php?t=2459