PDA

View Full Version : What is actualy "rare"

red magnum
04-30-2009, 09:10 AM
It seems like every one thinks what they are selling is "rare". I'm sorry but allot of stuff just never sold all that well and therefore never became widely available. This doesn't make it more valuable in my eyes just another product that never took off. Now that being said some things are rare like for example and old AGD sixpac changer or nitro duck and things as such. But please don't tell me your cocker with extremely rare milling job is just that, anyone can go to a CNC shop and get a milling job done and will never get that money back when they sell there marker. I don't mean to be a dick but just thought some one should say what allot of people are probably thinking.

Tunaman
04-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Some things are "more rare" to some more than others. What is rare to me might not be thought of as rare to you. Rare is good. ;)

Dend78
04-30-2009, 09:20 AM
very true rare is in the eye of the beholder, or the newb buying an old 98 cutsom for 200 cause well he just doesnt know any better :rofl:

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
04-30-2009, 09:36 AM
I agree that RARE is in the eye of the owner, everyone looks at thing differently.. I have a karta mag with a V2 airwalk EP modded, I dont consider it RARE, It does have hard to find pieces and pieces that were done in a limited run. I consider her a total custom job as where someone else may look at it as rare just because of the pieces that were used to do the build...

:cheers: my.02 :dance:

Ruler_Mark
04-30-2009, 12:32 PM
If I have/do own it its rare :ninja:

chopper duke
04-30-2009, 12:46 PM
I see that term thrown around a lot on PBN. Rare 1 0f 1 cause it has some "special" anno. That doesn't make it rare.

A lot of the "rare" stuff you see really isn't rare, it's just that the seller hasn't been around long enough to see it else where.

I recently sold a stock that I had only ever seen two of. I'm told there were more, but that they're hoarded up in someone's house. I got a "rare" price for it though.

A KP = Not so rare
A KL = rare

SCpoloRicker
04-30-2009, 01:13 PM
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/gallery/data/500/CockerWestwood.JPG

What "rare" may look like.

http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/marker_gallery/sfl_e-mags/tymcneer/Z-man_SFL.jpg

What "rare" may also look like.

Flatliner333
04-30-2009, 02:20 PM
Knock it's horns off and whipe it's @$$ that's rare.

BREAD_DA_PAINTER
04-30-2009, 02:43 PM
http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/marker_gallery/sfl_e-mags/tymcneer/Z-man_SFL.jpg

Ive always loved this marker... That is just pure sex all the way.... :hail:

behemoth
04-30-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd probably rather have the westwood :D

GRimm
04-30-2009, 03:45 PM
Yes I think pretty much everyone loves zachs old sfl, or in my case I love all sfls and want one badly.

While there is a lot of rare paintball gear out there, not all of it is worth money. I do get annoyed by how many people claim their stuff is rare, just because they think it is.

MX48
04-30-2009, 04:25 PM
Another one that gets me is the staggering number of markers for sale that have had either 1 or 2 cases of paint thru them. It seems 90% of markers for sale say that .

MX48

p8ntbal4me
04-30-2009, 07:37 PM
I think alot of guys get the word "custom" confused with the word "rare"

If you have ever seen the skeleton cocker,... that to me is very custom before it is very rare.

It is STILL a cocker,.. but someone put some hard labor into making it a very beautiful marker BEYOND the stock marker it once was.

So by those means I would call a custom marker as "a marker that once was in its original form from the manufacturer, and has changed since then to become modified in such a way as to be both functional as the manufacturer intended and no longer of its original form"

I would call a rare marker as being "a marker that is in its original form from the manufacturer, and has not changed in form or functionality set forth by the manufacturer but carries a "price" either by means of: high demand and low avalibility, sentemental demand and low avalibility, or sentemental demand only.

I would call the: "high demand and low avalibility" as something like the Devil Mag frames. They are always being held onto and there are so very few of them around.

I would call the: "sentemental demand and low avalibility" as something like the Titanium Classic 68 Automag Valves. While we have access to newer, faster, and ligher X-Valves,... we are all still looking for these few valves that TK said are kicking around somewhere.

I would call the: "sentemental demand only" as something which holds value to a single someone and not everyone else. I dont like the Euro X-Mag bodies... I like the C&C ones,.. but some of you may like the Euro bodies and not the C&C. What we can all agree on is that they are both X-Mags and that is something that is hard to come by,.. hence they both are rare. I dont think markers like the "DC Milled Viking 1of1" is rare. There are a bunch of Vikings around,... the milling is custom,... not rare. If it was rare,... we would never see it again. We will see more milling from DC on other guns,.... we wont see any more C&C X-Mags

~ P8nt

BigEvil
04-30-2009, 07:44 PM
If you guys saw that SFL now you would cry and lynch Ty.

:eek:

MANN
04-30-2009, 07:55 PM
rare is anything that has high demand and low supply. It does not matter if 10 or 10,000 were made.

LK-13
04-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Rare has the out side flame or grill seared,
a light browning to the meat with a blood red ribbon
less than one third of the cuts thickness running through the center.

Mongoose
04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Rare has the out side flame or grill seared,
a light browning to the meat with a blood red ribbon
less than one third of the cuts thickness running through the center.

With a internal temperature of 120-125*F :cheers:

going_home
04-30-2009, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xRePb7VKrk&feature=PlayList&p=399A3027DFBAC471&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=26

That was the year before I graduated high school . :ninja:

:wow:

Watcher
04-30-2009, 11:22 PM
Yes I think pretty much everyone loves zachs old sfl, or in my case I love all sfls and want one badly.

While there is a lot of rare paintball gear out there, not all of it is worth money. I do get annoyed by how many people claim their stuff is rare, just because they think it is.

Whats worse is when people claim the rarity makes it worth more money when it is hardly the case.

Now, a gold plated minimag is rare and worth bucks, a Tippmann Triumph is rare, but far from worth anything.

There is also rare in terms of availability, like SFLs and such, and rare in terms of sight. For example, I rarely see players with PMI Trracers. The marker itself isn't rare, just nobody has them so it is a rare item.

It is a loosely defined term, but speaking in sales it is the former, not the latter.

SCpoloRicker
05-01-2009, 01:05 AM
Since it was mentioned, another rarity.

This was my DevilMag frame:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/6015/dmagprofiled.jpg

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4972/dframejerseyorly.jpg

Toll
05-01-2009, 03:12 AM
That Auto-rocker that was on the BST not too long ago I would definately classify as rare.

People who say that their gun is 1 of 1, rare, custom, etc instantly get the small voice in the back of my head going "you're full of ****" pretty full bore. I was trolling around the nation for a back up and there are nothing but "custom 1 of 1" guns that are swapped colours, different grips, new feednecks...

And I'll have to agree with the staggering amount of markers that have seen "maybe two cases"

PBChappy
05-01-2009, 03:28 PM
the TI automag valves are RARE hehe find one if you can

kcombs9
05-01-2009, 04:15 PM
SFLs stands for?

Edit: never mind... Google is my friend

bunny5
05-01-2009, 04:18 PM
super "frickin" light :D

BigE: what did ty do to it?!?!?

BigEvil
05-01-2009, 05:54 PM
super "frickin" light :D

BigE: what did ty do to it?!?!?

Treat it like a tippmann

Mongoose
05-01-2009, 06:24 PM
Treat it like a tippmann
he rented it out??

Frizzle Fry
05-01-2009, 07:22 PM
he rented it out??

Naw, he put a 26" barrel on it, an M4 shroud and stock, and took a hacksaw & file to the finish and spraypainted it with green brown and tan krylon.

Watcher
05-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Naw, he put a 26" barrel on it, an M4 shroud and stock, and took a hacksaw & file to the finish and spraypainted it with green brown and tan krylon.

To an SFL :eek:

I'll get my Remington, meet me tomorrow at 7pm, place of your choosing. Who is this Ty person?

mpsd
05-01-2009, 09:51 PM

NO WAY!!!!

LOL The guy can't be that crazy! Are there any pics of this?

That would be like getting a 67 Shelby 500 Mustang and swaping it's V8 engine for a Honda Civic's!

Beemer
05-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Ok this is going south Off Topic. Somebody make a new thread........Ok I will. :argh:

Edit...Link to thread.............http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2627267#post2627267